Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I've been wondering about the quality of the replacement decals. That looks downright decent. Hopefully this is the last time we get Bandai'd with reversed modex numbers.

That would be wishful thinking at this point, haha. I think they might realize that more of them are not reversed on the starboard side and mirror them all :p

Bandai hasn't posted any pictures of a decal sheet for the Roy 1S, so this might be a one-off to appease collectors. For anyone who is interested, I still have a few decal sets available from my last run and can do another small run, if needed. $5 plus shipping. Each sheet has markings for up to four valks.

That's too bad if so. I like those kill mark decals on that sheet, but I have no interest in getting Kakizaki's VF-1A.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai should have printed the numbers correctly then included reverse decals for the weirdos who love backwards numbering. :p

That sort of practical logic applies to Bandai engineering, NOT to Bandai marketing.  <_<

goofball.jpg.5993a02c9607f8504ccdf4614dec1a84.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

That sort of practical logic applies to Bandai engineering, NOT to Bandai marketing.  <_<

goofball.jpg.5993a02c9607f8504ccdf4614dec1a84.jpg

I could totally see Kakizaki making that pose and grinning like an idiot after finally managing to make a kill.

I still think these are the best hands on a Macross toy to date with all that you can do with them.

10 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I could totally see Kakizaki making that pose and grinning like an idiot after finally managing to make a kill.

"Your lack of military decorum is most unbecoming, Mr. Kakizaki.  What do you have to say for yourself?"

1715876423_fuckKawamori.jpg.e0f5c81f19511280619f9eb5d7e4c7c3.jpg

6 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

What's up with the number on the bottom of the wing? Do all the DX's have that and I just missed it? 

The TV Valks don't, but Hikaru's VF-1S has the exact same number on the bottom of his wing.  :blink:

59 minutes ago, tekering said:

"Your lack of military decorum is most unbecoming, Mr. Kakizaki.  What do you have to say for yourself?"

1715876423_fuckKawamori.jpg.e0f5c81f19511280619f9eb5d7e4c7c3.jpg

The TV Valks don't, but Hikaru's VF-1S has the exact same number on the bottom of his wing.  :blink:

I like the green with it all dressed up. I think I may end up regretting not getting one.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

No Skull Squadron is complete without Kakizaki.  8)

1215807978_KakizakiSuper.jpg.ef0a73d462256226e4ddf1d3b760081f.jpg

I really wanted to buy into Kakyzaky and Roy, but goddam Bandai and their continuing practices to avoid any corrections.  They blatantly don’t care.

This line could have been my all-time favorite but I just can’t seem to get over all the inconsistencies present.

To me it feels like your buying a Ferari and getting a Ferari. So close, but yet so farr.:5:

I’ll just keep my other DXs and drop my support until two seaters are released.

46 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

In another universe, Kakizaki beat Milia in a fight and we make jokes about Max’s cameo in DYRL. 

I mean, if he shows up in two parts of the movie and has some lines each time it's more than a "cameo". We can even assume that all the missiles he fires in the opening battle kill at least some Zentradi. If he wasn't in the beginning and got introduced and summarily offed later on it would have been a bit too pathetic even for Kaki :p

21 minutes ago, dragontype said:

hMM.. Okini has NOT shipped mine.  Wonder if I should worry now... or being impatiently paranoid... Lol.  You lucky dogs.. getting your toys!  So jealous. Haha.

18 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

It juuuust released like 24 hours ago. I wouldn’t worry. Notifications will start flowing this week and next.

If you did manage to get one via NY, you're possibly screwed as they have screwed everyone else also. 

17 minutes ago, treatment said:

ROFLMAO!!!

:bump:

Bandai's pure arrogance or unstoppable tonedeaf  shenanigan?

Maybe both...

:5:

When they did the SANS SERIF 00l as l00 I honestly thought they just flipped it upside down on accident on the machine for the whole Hikaru run. Seeing them deliberately type out 210 is just bizarre 

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, I broke down and ordered a second via Amazon Japan.

¥28,400 shipped. Not terrible, considering that ¥4500 of that was the shipping cost.

Where on Amazon did you find a seller who would ship to you?  All of the sellers I see say it's unavailable to ship to CA.  I'm in the Bay Area as well.  

12 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Where on Amazon did you find a seller who would ship to you?  All of the sellers I see say it's unavailable to ship to CA.  I'm in the Bay Area as well.  

Hmm, if you are in the Bay Area as well, any interest in getting 2 and saving on shipping?

13 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I also bought one from Amazon tonight.  It depends on the seller.  Some ship internationally, some do not.  I tried adding to cart and found one where I could complete the checkout process (to Canada).  Currently, I see none ship internationally, but keep checking as they seem to come and go fast.  Good luck!

5 minutes ago, vf1 said:

I also bought one from Amazon tonight.  It depends on the seller.  Some ship internationally, some do not.  I tried adding to cart and found one where I could complete the checkout process (to Canada).  Currently, I see none ship internationally, but keep checking as they seem to come and go fast.  Good luck!

I'll keep looking, then.  Thanks, man.

10 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Hmm, if you are in the Bay Area as well, any interest in getting 2 and saving on shipping?

PM me and we can talk.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:40 AM, Saburo said:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask who still has their VF-1 Strike Parts from NY waiting to be shipped? 

I do, from last June!  Hahahahaha!!!

26 minutes ago, vf1 said:

When I look at Amazon.jp, it shows that it's not released until the 28th.  Did you guys preorder one through them or is there another place I should be looking at?  Sorry for all the questions, y'all.

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

When I look at Amazon.jp, it shows that it's not released until the 28th.  Did you guys preorder one through them or is there another place I should be looking at?  Sorry for all the questions, y'all.

Hey, it's the same link.  If it says not released until the 28th, it's because the particular seller they are referencing don't have it in stock until the 28th maybe.  When I ordered, there were a few sellers that had it in stock so I could click on "add to cart" but they seem to be sold out now so only the "preorder" option is available.

Edited by vf1
Add more info

53 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

There was one seller, with exactly one available.

So I decided to just go for it.

This seller had 2x available this afternoon....and they removed their no shipping to the US restriction, so I jumped on it and got one.
The order 'took' so will see if they change their mind.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B089WGZJDG

Shipped was 28400, so not good, but not bad...

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:¥ 23,900
Shipping & Handling:¥ 4,500
Total:¥ 28,400
Grand Total:¥ 28,400