Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Out of curiosity....anybody know what the shipping on this would come out to?  I know it's already sold, but it would be good to know when I'm thinking about buying something, how much I could expect to be paying total.  Their website wasn't too clear about what was available or the cost of what could be available.

Yes, like someone else have already mentioned it would be about 4,500 yens by EMS, I have already ordered one of this from Mandarake and they charged me 4,550 yens.

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate it.  That helps a lot.  Anybody happen to know about what time (I'm PST) Mandarake posts new items to their website?  They seem to do it at the same time but I haven't been able to nail down the exact time they do it.  Also, I know somebody else mentioned this a page or so ago, but if anybody decides they don't need one of their Roy DX preorders, please let me know as I'd definitely be interested.  Thanks again for all the help, y'all. 

I think Manda usually updates the stuff for grabs around 2 am PST @mantisfists as I'm in the West Coast as well (Canada's third largest city).

I work late afternoons during the three (soon to be four starting next week) and by the time I get home, I'm still wide awake til usually till 1:30 am the next morning and I look for deals before I crash.

Myself and various other members post stuff up for grabs when we see them, however you have to be the early bird in getting these deals as it goes fairly quick.

41 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate it.  That helps a lot.  Anybody happen to know about what time (I'm PST) Mandarake posts new items to their website?  They seem to do it at the same time but I haven't been able to nail down the exact time they do it.  Also, I know somebody else mentioned this a page or so ago, but if anybody decides they don't need one of their Roy DX preorders, please let me know as I'd definitely be interested.  Thanks again for all the help, y'all. 

You  can activate alerts for specific items at Mandarake, they usually work OK, you will receive an email when an item of your interest is posted which is usually which in early AM hours central time.

So Kakizaki was supposed to be released on the 18th right?

Been watching Amazon, and the pre-order went to in-stock, now almost out of stock (unfortunately they don't ship here)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/DX超合金-劇場版VF-1A-バルキリー(柿崎速雄機)-超時空要塞マクロス-愛・おぼえていますか/dp/B089WGZJDG

5 minutes ago, Shawn said:

So Kakizaki was supposed to be released on the 18th right?

Been watching Amazon, and the pre-order went to in-stock, now almost out of stock (unfortunately they don't ship here)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/DX超合金-劇場版VF-1A-バルキリー(柿崎速雄機)-超時空要塞マクロス-愛・おぼえていますか/dp/B089WGZJDG

8/25 is the official release-date.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000143487/

4 hours ago, betocc said:

You  can activate alerts for specific items at Mandarake, they usually work OK, you will receive an email when an item of your interest is posted which is usually which in early AM hours central time.

Their alert system works pretty well. I generally create alerts in both English and Japanese, as notifications for the latter tend to get sent out first and sometimes you need that edge to grab a rare/high-demand item. Scored an unopened VF-31S Arad at close to retail that way, at roughly 3am local time. Was traveling for work, couldn't sleep, saw the notification, bought the Arad, and the next day the armor set was announced and the valk price skyrocketed north of $400.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

would it be insane if kaki becomes rare and expensive?

It was "made to order"....but at some point newcomers and the ones who feel later on they need a complete DX Skull Squadron, but hemmed and hawed too long during the initial PO, will unwillingly determine the future market price for the DX Kaki...:wacko:

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It was "made to order"....but at some point newcomers and the ones who feel later on they need a complete DX Skull Squadron, but hemmed and hawed too long during the initial PO, will unwillingly determine the future market price for the DX Kaki...:wacko:

they need to make a limited edition "darker Blue" kaki 

as here:

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

would it be insane if kaki becomes rare and expensive?

The Kakizaki 1/48 Yamato DYRL & TV VF-1A are pricey. The Yamato 1/60 V.2 VF-1A DYRL is expensive, especially the box set with Fast Packs. 

Everyone who passes on this Kakizaki DX now, will end up spending Waaaay more on the secondary markets. Because this is Bandai, you'll never see a re-issue of this one. 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

The Kakizaki 1/48 Yamato DYRL & TV VF-1A are pricey. The Yamato 1/60 V.2 VF-1A DYRL is expensive, especially the box set with Fast Packs. 

Everyone who passes on this Kakizaki DX now, will end up spending Waaaay more on the secondary markets. Because this is Bandai, you'll never see a re-issue of this one. 

good points! 

12 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Kinda funny. 

The Yammie Kaki's only went up to ludicrous-level scalper pricing rather recently. 

Prolly about after ten years or so of being continuously bargain-binned in every import shops since original release.

I expect somebody/ies will be hyping up this Kaki-DX as some sort of a "must-have grail" soon.

To unload their multiple Kaki-buys at a significan profiteering...

:bump:

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Snip20180613_2.png?fit=730,298

In between hero valk releases, oh yes, there will be temptation by design. The kakizaki vf-1a falls into that category for me yet I find myself looking forward to the release date and contemplating to snag one off on release date or on Manda later on...He plays such a insignificant role in the DYRL movie though!!

I've never been big on the DYRL Kakizaki design since it's on screen for a hot second. His TV 1A though is an entirely different matter. I think I'm really only interested in the TV releases going forward and even then I probably wouldn't go full on and get M&M 1Js and all that. Roy and the original Vermilion Squadron would be fine.

13 hours ago, treatment said:

Kinda funny. 

The Yammie Kaki's only went up to ludicrous-level scalper pricing rather recently. 

Prolly about after ten years or so of being continuously bargain-binned in every import shops since original release.

I expect somebody/ies will be hyping up this Kaki-DX as some sort of a "must-have grail" soon.

To unload their multiple Kaki-buys at a significan profiteering...

:bump:

I lucked out with my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because those two go for big bucks now. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

I lucked out my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because two go for big bucks now. 

yeah the 11c and VT-1 were in the bargain bin and clearance for so long. No one wanted either of them.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I lucked out my Kakizaki Yamato 1/48 a few years ago without paying a scalper price. Like many it wasn't on my Wish list. Then again for a complete Skull Squad you need Kakizaki. B))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the VF-11C & Low Vis 1/48 Navy scheme were both shelf warmers for years right? Because two go for big bucks now. 

I felt the same way, didn't have much of a desire to get Kakizaki until recently.  Something about having a complete Skull Squad.

Not 1/48, but I would like to replicate this in 1/48:

IMG_20200701_135151.jpg

Maybe just OD'd on Hikaru and Roy Valks, so feel the need to get a Kakizaki

IMG_20200706_010603.jpg

19 minutes ago, peter said:

I felt the same way, didn't have much of a desire to get Kakizaki until recently.  Something about having a complete Skull Squad.

Not 1/48, but I would like to replicate this in 1/48:

IMG_20200701_135151.jpg

Maybe just OD'd on Hikaru and Roy Valks, so feel the need to get a Kakizaki

IMG_20200706_010603.jpg

Who's going to give us a VF-1 toy with three wing pylons like this someday?

Edited by Slave IV