Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

All that chat about Hayao about being the possibly CF and that's why he got shot down early by Zentradi sized Milia? 

6 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

If you are not dating Claudia anymore, would you mind if I...

@Roy Focker can't answer your question @vlenhoff as he's dead already (unless he made a will saying the Claudia is up for grabs if Roy should die in the line if duty).

Dude .. I have a will made up two years ago should I pass away unexpectedly (and during all this present uncertainty, it's one less thing if my back).

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Weren't most of the brownies AI fighters, rather than piloted by actual humans? There always seemed to be too many of them considering how many blew up and the size of the population on the SDF-1.

You could be right. AI programmed CF 1a gets blown up into oblivion in most of the dog fights that is shown.

Just now, borgified said:

@Roy Focker can't answer your question @vlenhoff as he's dead already (unless he made a will saying the Claudia is up for grabs if Roy should die in the line if duty).

Dude .. I have a will made up two years ago should I pass away unexpectedly (and during all this present uncertainty, it's one less thing if my back).

You could be right. AI programmed CF 1a gets blown up into oblivion in most of the dog fights that is shown.

Hmm, weird, I thought Roy commented here about 20 min ago. Maybe it is a fake Roy, who knows.

19 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I disagree. Roy got shot when he was concerned about Max being singled out by Miria in combat. He let his guard down while he was overseeing Max's retreat. I think by this time, Roy was seasoned enough, and he could have a personal relationship, while in the middle of a war. Just me.

Oh I'm sure he felt it, and it's a mark of his professionalism and Leadership qualities that he never showed it in public, but we got to see/hear Kirk lament about it [combat, war, losing people under command] several times... Roy did that Pilot thing: Looked at his shoes, shuffled his feet and said "War is Hell" then went on with the job.

They didn't even give Roy a mentoring Hikaru on losing people, ie: "This is how you deal with it" scene, since Roy died right before Kakizaki did...

11 minutes ago, slide said:

Oh I'm sure he felt it, and it's a mark of his professionalism and Leadership qualities that he never showed it in public, but we got to see/hear Kirk lament about it [combat, war, losing people under command] several times... Roy did that Pilot thing: Looked at his shoes, shuffled his feet and said "War is Hell" then went on with the job.

They didn't even give Roy a mentoring Hikaru on losing people, ie: "This is how you deal with it" scene, since Roy died right before Kakizaki did...

I do have to take a step back and say Roy might have being jaded, yeah. His alcoholism was prob the way to put it all in a vault, and keep it out of mind. With that said, in my eyes, he never ever gave up on his team, or diminished the importance of their loses. Roy had one job to do, and he did it until he died.

Oh, this reminded me why i dislike some of the events in DYRL. It sort of irks me how they sort of put blame on Hikaru for Roy's death. Hikaru's irresponsibility opens Roy to his faith. I've never said this before, but i truly prefer how things take place in the TV series, versus the movie.  

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Unless... It's a spirit of him and posting on his account. :ph34r:

I think that was Roy's actual spirit, not an impostor. Can anyone contact Whoopie Goldberg please?

Edited by vlenhoff

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I do have to take a step back and say Roy might have being jaded, yeah. His alcoholism was prob the way to put it all in a vault, and keep it out of mind. With that said, in my eyes, he never ever gave up on his team, or diminished the importance of their loses. Roy had one job to do, and he did it until he died.

Oh, this reminded me why i dislike some of the events in DYRL. It sort of irks me how they sort of put blame on Hikaru for Roy's death. Hikaru's irresponsibility opens Roy to his faith. I've never said this before, but i truly prefer how things take place in the TV series, versus the movie.  

I think that was Roy's actual spirit, not an impostor. Can anyone contact Whoopie Goldberg please?

Having just rewatched DYRL? a couple of days ago, in the middle of an active Macross rewatch, I completely agree with you. The movie is fun, and it sure does look nice, but I definitely prefer how things go in the show, especially with regards to Roy.

I never liked the show version.

• He gets heavily injured in the fight, but just gets up out of the fighter and walks over to Claudia's
  • Nobody notices he's injured
  • He completely forgoes medical care to keep his date plans (Either he was fatally wounded, in which case how the hell did nobody notice and he make it to that couch; or he wasn't and he died because of stupid decisions)
  • He manages to traumatize Claudia, probably more than him dying in a hospital bed would have.

In short, it was massively unrealistic, even for a show with fighters transforming into robots and hostile space-giants.

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

• He gets heavily injured in the fight, but just gets up out of the fighter and walks over to Claudia's
  • He completely forgoes medical care to keep his date plans (Either he was fatally wounded, in which case how the hell did nobody notice and he make it to that couch; or he wasn't and he died because of stupid decisions)
  • He manages to traumatize Claudia, probably more than him dying in a hospital bed would have.

In short, it was massively unrealistic, even for a show with fighters transforming into robots and hostile space-giants.

Agreed, Roy should have gone straight to hospital. With that said, blaming Roy's death on Hikaru, for having the hots for Minmei, degrades Hikaru's character. In the TV version Hikaru never borrowed a valk illegally to have a joy ride with anyone. Hikaru wasn't perfect in the TV series, but he wasn't a as careless either. In DYRL, When Hikkie uses the trigger in the VT-1, and he seems surprised that is unarmed... :rolleyes:

Both the TV and Movie versions are timeless jewels, and while the Movie deals a more gritty way for Roy to die, I still prefer the order of chronological events of the TV series.

Edited by vlenhoff
rolled eyes

43 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a tip-of-the-hat to all the legends of pilots landing their kite, then dying of their wounds later... not an infrequent occurrence during wartime, it turns out.

the Realest explanation I can think of is Roy got wounded and went into shock, and then mentally fixated on his date with Claudia...

on the wounds themselves: he got hit with an energy weapon burst... regardless of the internal/organ damage they caused, his wounds were likely cauterized and not bleeding that badly while he was still strapped into his seat, not moving a lot, then once he started moving they would've begun to open up and bleed a lot worse. This process was likely initiated by the impact of carrier-landing.

As long as there were no major arteries opened up, it could absolutely have taken several minutes to an hour for the internal bleeding to become fatal.

All the while the increasing pain and blood-loss would be worsening his shock symptoms... then he bent over and reached for that guitar.................................................. it only took a couple minutes after that.

But yes, the whole "nobody noticed" until his ground-crew looked into the cockpit [and saw what we all presume was the pool of blood and holes in his ejection seat] is blatant story contrivance.

Also, the way the dogfight went down in SDFM was better IMO: Max is dealing with Miria, and Roy gets into a furball with several Zentran, with no apparent wingman, and he gets blindsided by "the one he never saw"... Classic air combat, straight out of a Biggles book!:D

Either way, I hope I meet a better fate when I have to hunt down a Roy DX in the post-release market!

Edited by slide

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Did you get a pre-order for Hayao's 1s @davidwhangchoi? If not scoff a unit if you can during official release date. 

I did, i got it through CDjapan proxy bc i had 36000yen in points. 

I think it was scheduled for EMS shipping so i wrote to them asking if they can switch to DHL since they're having a 20%  discount for DHL rates 

51 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Having just rewatched DYRL? a couple of days ago, in the middle of an active Macross rewatch, I completely agree with you. The movie is fun, and it sure does look nice, but I definitely prefer how things go in the show, especially with regards to Roy.

I'm in a middle of an entire Macross rewatch inspired by @Rogueload.  And, given the choice (as my poorly chosen SN indicates) DYRL? is my number one.  In fact, Frontier is number two and SDFM falls three.  I love SDFM for what it is, and overall feel you need to watch it in order to fully appreciate DYRL? (I believe I've discussed this with @jeniusornome a bit).  But still enjoy DYRL? in all aspects more.

And it's why I really dig collecting the DYRL? line and excited about knowing for certain that the whole Skull Squad will be released as DX.  You just don't know with the Vermillion squad if Kaki will come to fruition.  I mean, will they even do a Hikaru VF-1S styled release?  I can't see how that would be packaged any different than Roy's.

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm in a middle of an entire Macross rewatch inspired by @Rogueload.  And, given the choice (as my poorly chosen SN indicates) DYRL? is my number one.  In fact, Frontier is number two and SDFM falls three.  I love SDFM for what it is, and overall feel you need to watch it in order to fully appreciate DYRL? (I believe I've discussed this with @jeniusornome a bit).  But still enjoy DYRL? in all aspects more.

And it's why I really dig collecting the DYRL? line and excited about knowing for certain that the whole Skull Squad will be released as DX.  You just don't know with the Vermillion squad if Kaki will come to fruition.  I mean, will they even do a Hikaru VF-1S styled release?  I can't see how that would be packaged any different than Roy's.

I say Roy's 1S should always come with an extra Hikaru figure. I am guessing Bandai may Release a Super 1S with Hikaru figure. That's my prediction. They did release a Kaki DYRL, and a SDFM Max. It seems they will release both a SDFM Kaki, and a DYRL Max, going by that order of mixed releases.

You're probably going to hate this... but i think Macross releases should now start with brownies, lol, and then go up the ladder.

Edited by vlenhoff
Yes, I know that's likely not financially viable for companies.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

All that chat about Hayao about being the possibly CF and that's why he got shot down early by Zentradi sized Milia? 

Roy is such a bad-ass that he got killed  and is still dating Claudia! :D

27 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I say Roy's 1S should always come with an extra Hikaru figure. I am guessing Bandai may Release a Super 1S with Hikaru figure. That's my prediction. They did release a Kaki DYRL, and a SDFM Max. It seems they will release both a SDFM Kaki, and a DYRL Max, going by that order of mixed releases.

You're probably going to hate this... but i think Macross releases should now start with brownies, lol, and then go up the ladder.

It is Bandai we're talking about here.  If we know anything about Bandai, we know for certain that they'll "Bandai" us! :bump:

On 8/6/2020 at 10:29 PM, RedComet said:

Just planning on XF8 flat blue for the first test shots. Will let you know how it looks. 

I just went ahead and tried the Tamiya Brilliant Blue (actually the PS-30 instead of the TS-44), as I was looking for something a bit brighter than the blue Yamato has been using. Anyhoo, here is the best shot I could get to represent the color.  No turning back now!:

8ga62K.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

36 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

I just went ahead and tried the Tamiya Brilliant Blue (actually the PS-30 instead of the TS-44), as I was looking for something a bit brighter than the blue Yamato has been using. Anyhoo, here is the best shot I could get to represent the color.  No turning back now!:

8ga62K.jpg

My fellow Coloradan, I do not see a pic.

So the question I have for the good of the group is:

Should I file a claim with PayPal now regarding Nin-Nin Games for the Kaki? I paid on the 25th of March. Just curious. I also ordered a back up on Okini which i have had zero issues with in the past.

Thanks all.

7 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Should I file a claim with PayPal now regarding Nin-Nin Games for the Kaki? I paid on the 25th of March. Just curious. I also ordered a back up on Okini which i have had zero issues with in the past.

Thanks all.

I haven't heard from Okini regarding my Kaki shipping so it seems early to think NinNin is going to fail.

30 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Thanks all.

It's not even out yet ;)

13 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Thanks all.

Why do anything until you have to? Just sit back, relax and strap on your seat belt. 

Edited by Slave IV

I ordered my Kaki from NY but I still haven't received my YF-19 DX set that was in stock and paid for July 7th. It's been "preparing for shipment" forever..... I'm not expecting the Kaki for months. I'll be shocked if it ships anywhere near the release date. EMS is working fine in Canada and stuff gets to me from Japan in a week so that ain't the issue. I put a ticket in for the YF-19 because it's been way too long but no reply as usual. :rolleyes::5:

12 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

I ordered my Kaki from NY but I still haven't received my YF-19 DX set that was in stock and paid for July 7th. It's been "preparing for shipment" forever..... I'm not expecting the Kaki for months. I'll be shocked if it ships anywhere near the release date. EMS is working fine in Canada and stuff gets to me from Japan in a week so that ain't the issue. I put a ticket in for the YF-19 because it's been way too long but no reply as usual. :rolleyes::5:

Pffff....I'm still waiting for stuff from last June, 2019

Edited by peter