Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

So for those who've made or plan to make a custom Max VF-1S, what blue are you using? I'm looking at Tamiya brilliant blue. I don't plan on trying to match the SSP emblem blue, as it looks too dark.

Just planning on XF8 flat blue for the first test shots. Will let you know how it looks. 

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

[comment applies to all three quotes above]

I took one look at that decal sheet and thought "MW members shouldn't have to drop $200 plus shipping to get a few small decals." I'm not convinced that the quality of them will be that good, but at least Bandai thought to include...something. Glad my printer still works and I could help out folks here.

Do not tempt me, sir. I might just have to do that for you for the next round of decals.

Me, too! I included that pilot name on every CF decal sheet I've made, for every manufacturer and scale, as a tribute. I think it shows up on the decal sheet for the original 1/72 variable kit, too.

I can make that happen for you. All captains are fair game now. :)

How about a Captain Morgan who's in charge of guarding Alaska Base's rum reserves.

Or Captain Obvious :p

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

How about a Captain Morgan who's in charge of guarding Alaska Base's rum reserves.

Captain Morgan guarding the rum versus Captain Sparrow attempting to sneak in and drink it all.

The latest Macross OVA: MACROSS 1.5: DON'T WORRY; THERE'S SINGING

34 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Captain Morgan guarding the rum versus Captain Sparrow attempting to sneak in and drink it all.

The latest Macross OVA: MACROSS 1.5: DON'T WORRY; THERE'S SINGING

So, Sparrow would have to be a Q Rau?:D

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

We can add "CPL Punishment" to the list, too

8 hours ago, RedComet said:

Well, now that we have started making up characters, we should start planning the Alaska Base decals in earnest, eh @Anasazi37?

I need to take some measurements from a few other spots to get decals like the UN SPACY for the legs to look right, but otherwise I don't think it will be hard to put a set together. Just need to know how many of these are planned.

8 hours ago, RedComet said:

You could always send in a Max 1A to get Alaska Based, and name the pilot whatever you want :D

Alaska Base. Verb. To turn an existing Bandai DX into one that should already exist, but doesn't. Examples:

• "I'm going to Alaska Base my Max 1A into a Hayao 1A because I don't know if or when Bandai will make one."
  • "I'm going to Alaska Base my Hikaru 1S into a Max 1S because we might not see an official release for years (unless @sqiddorders three of them, then an announcement is imminent)."
  • "You could always send in a Max 1A to get Alaska Based, and name the pilot whatever you want"

Already suggested :p

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If one of them isn't PVT. Parts or PFC J. Doe I will be sad.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

We can add "CPL Punishment" to the list, too

Edited by tekering

Hahaha, what have I started?:p

As for my original post to clarify...I saw the post about Kakizaki’s Valk having the wrong prints and was reminding people who were complaining that it comes with the decal sheet. Obviously for those who want the Valk. I said the decal sheet comes with the Valk, not the other way around, lol!

For those who don’t want it, of course the fine and kind services of @Anasazi37 make a lot more sense. Maybe everyone can eventually get whatever Captain they wish on the side of their cockpits too?:D

33 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

Is this what this entire thread is about?! :clapping: I got my first one of these things since the 90’s......wow, inflation...... 

BF739D35-8762-4706-A39F-3D8B33C29F55.jpeg

Congrats and enjoy!!

Edit:  I guess I should ask you to clarify "inflation" before congratulating. LOL. Maybe you aren't happy with the purchase. Do you mean the price is inflated a ton from the 90's or do you mean the DX VF-1 is an underwhelming experience not worthy of the hype?

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Congrats and enjoy!!

Edit:  I guess I should ask you to clarify "inflation" before congratulating. LOL. Maybe you aren't happy with the purchase. Do you mean the price is inflated a ton from the 90's or do you mean the DX VF-1 is an underwhelming experience not worthy of the hype?

Its all good. Just saying I haven't had/purchased one of these Valks since  the 90's. I sold off most of my old model kits and toys back in the late 90's early 2000's. The quality of this new stuff is legit, I would have pulled triple shifts delivering newspapers on Sundays for this stuff back in the 80's. :rofl:   

7 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

Its all good. Just saying I haven't had/purchased one of these Valks since  the 90's. I sold off most of my old model kits and toys back in the late 90's early 2000's. The quality of this new stuff is legit, I would have pulled triple shifts delivering newspapers on Sundays for this stuff back in the 80's. :rofl:   

Right?!  I personally love them.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Hahaha, what have I started?:p

As for my original post to clarify...I saw the post about Kakizaki’s Valk having the wrong prints and was reminding people who were complaining that it comes with the decal sheet. Obviously for those who want the Valk. I said the decal sheet comes with the Valk, not the other way around, lol!

For those who don’t want it, of course the fine and kind services of @Anasazi37 make a lot more sense. Maybe everyone can eventually get whatever Captain they wish on the side of their cockpits too?:D

The whole pilot name thing did start spiraling, didn't it? :D At this rate, if I make an updated sheet for folks here, it will be 95% questionable pilot names and 5% fixes for Bandai production issues.

12 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The whole pilot name thing did start spiraling, didn't it? :D At this rate, if I make an updated sheet for folks here, it will be 95% questionable pilot names and 5% fixes for Bandai production issues.

Haha, not what you would have expected huh?

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Sergeant slaughter 

I don't think Sgts. get flight duty clearance but hey, it's our own fantasy so wth right?

On another note, I unexpectedly had to go to the office so I grabbed my missile sets while I was there. Looks like I will be getting to play some DX VF-1 pew pew soon! 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, not what you would have expected huh?

I don't think Sgts. get flight duty clearance but hey, it's our own fantasy so wth right?

On another note, I unexpectedly had to go to the office so I grabbed my missile sets while I was there. Looks like I will be getting to play some DX VF-1 pew pew soon! 

Macross has NO clear rank structure at all lol. TV was using Army/Air Force Commissioned Officer ranks, then in DYRL, they used Navy Officer Ranks. Then you have Delta, with Hayate given the rank of Sgt. No clear direction at all.

57 minutes ago, Shogun93 said:

Macross has NO clear rank structure at all lol. TV was using Army/Air Force Commissioned Officer ranks, then in DYRL, they used Navy Officer Ranks. Then you have Delta, with Hayate given the rank of Sgt. No clear direction at all.

Lol, I recently necro-threaded a topic about rank in Macross.

1 hour ago, Shogun93 said:

I can only assume that maybe the Spacy used some sort of amalgamation of ranks from the other branches.

41 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I can only assume that maybe the Spacy used some sort of amalgamation of ranks from the other branches.

Well that’s what I originally thought, but then DYRL happened and then I just didn’t know anymore lol. Macross Plus eventually goes back to Air Force/Army CO ranks. It’s just a minor gripe of mine lol Air Force has ruined me.

51 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I also figured the mashup was partly due to the organization being a combination of multiple countries.

On another note though, has anyone seen if there's an expected release date for Kakizaki?

I see that being a thing with the PMC’s operating in conjunction with the Spacy, but the Spacy itself should be at least a little consistent.

Anyways, not gonna thread jack anymore y’all lol the topic was just too good to pass up.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

On another note though, has anyone seen if there's an expected release date for Kakizaki?

Amazon.jp says the 17th of this month.*

* Dates should be correct *

Just to give out the remaining Macross releases that I know presently:

(1) Arcadia's re-release of the VF-1J with GBP is the end of this month.

(2) DX YF-29 Alto Full Set - October 31th (Halloween for those that celebrate in smaller groups now given the present Worldwide Mess that we're all in)

(3) DX 1s Roy TV version -  November 31st

(4) DX TV Supers -  December 31st? (not listed, however should be the 31st if I understand correctly) 

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Amazon.jp says the 17th of this month.*

* Dates should be correct *

Just to give out the remaining Macross releases that I know presently:

(1) Arcadia's re-release of the VF-1J with GBP is the end of this month.

(2) DX YF-29 Alto Full Set - October 31th (Halloween for those that celebrate in smaller groups now given the present Worldwide Mess that we're all in)

(3) DX 1s Roy TV version -  November 31st

(4) DX TV Supers -  December 31st? (not listed, however should be the 31st if I understand correctly) 

Bandai never releases on the last day of the month btw. It’s almost always around the 20th with holidays being the one thing that tends to change the date as needed. Shops just put the end of a release month to be safe since Bandai never gives an official date until right before it releases.