Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I can't remember when I joined and you wouldn't know it from my post count, but there was a lot of 1/55 customizing, I even bought a few resin heads but never finished using them   Yamato releasing their very first attempts at yf-19 and vf-11, with lots of metal. Then along came vf-1 version 1

35 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

I can't remember when I joined and you wouldn't know it from my post count, but there was a lot of 1/55 customizing, I even bought a few resin heads but never finished using them   Yamato releasing their very first attempts at yf-19 and vf-11, with lots of metal. Then along came vf-1 version 1

I seem to remember reading something about '55 customization back in the day; that was during the dark, pre-yamato days, if I'm correct...

5 hours ago, myk said:

I seem to remember reading something about '55 customization back in the day; that was during the dark, pre-yamato days, if I'm correct...

I've actually kicked off a project to build thirteen 1/55 customs, largely using valks and resin parts that I amassed back in those early days. I finally have some time to work on them. Also feels like I'm coming full circle to what brought me to MW in the first place. Almost done with the first one. The project is already reminding why the 1/55 is a really solid toy--especially for when it was designed and manufactured. I love it, and the 1/60s, and the 1/48s, and the HMRs, for different reasons. There's room for everyone in my collection. :)

7 hours ago, lavinrac said:

I remember. It was Sept 15, 2003. What a good day that was.

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

E91A4F52-F167-4F1F-AFA0-58E95DBF7820.jpeg.840045a31f3a5c9c013106180885e8f4.jpeg

This Q-Rau on the left looks larger than 1/55 scale and once it is finished and painted in TV colors I think it will work out with my DX TV VF-1A Max.

Nice! It definitely looks like it will match nicely with a DX Max!

I assume TV green for it?

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Haha. i didn't realize it was in our profile. I thought it was earlier. Maybe i just lurked. 

12 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Haha. i didn't realize it was in our profile. I thought it was earlier. Maybe i just lurked. 

HAHA....love it.

Yeah, I know I lurked for a bit.  Honestly, I just casually collected Star Wars and DBZ for some years in the 90's and early 00's.  Jump to 2018 and with the recent TF G1 reissues, thus began my mid-life crisis of collecting all the way and that quickly moved to Macross!  LOL

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

9 hours ago, lavinrac said:

i can't tell since this is a new account. 

my old account and posts under the same username are still here with no info/avatar.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

13 hours ago, twich said:

talking about nostalgia, I joined MacrossWorld in 2001-2002 range.  I remember when Yamato started out and Graham had an in with the big wigs at Yamato and used to know and leak little tid-bits here and there......those were the days.

Twich

Welcome back :)

Well, I've sent about 3 requests to NY asking about the status of the SSP, and so far gotten 0 responses.

I'm going to trust that they eventually deliver at some time in the far future, as they have before, but I think ordering from NY, you are basically paying a scalper that will eventually acquire the product through whatever means, but in no way has been allocated stock to actually deliver to you when you make a preorder.

I ordered from them again to see if their crappy customer service and extremely slow shipping was a one off fluke, and it doesn't appear to be.  I think from now on if NY is the only place I can get these stupidly hard to get toys, I'll just pass.

21 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Well, I've sent about 3 requests to NY asking about the status of the SSP, and so far gotten 0 responses.

I'm going to trust that they eventually deliver at some time in the far future, as they have before, but I think ordering from NY, you are basically paying a scalper that will eventually acquire the product through whatever means, but in no way has been allocated stock to actually deliver to you when you make a preorder.

I ordered from them again to see if their crappy customer service and extremely slow shipping was a one off fluke, and it doesn't appear to be.  I think from now on if NY is the only place I can get these stupidly hard to get toys, I'll just pass.

There's other site that you can use besides NY... There's AE, HJL, CDJapan etc.

Another question: Why are you sticking with NY? 

17 hours ago, sqidd said:

Holy smokes! How tall is that sucker?

17 hours ago, JuanJovv said:

Good very good

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh very nice size indeed!

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Looking forward to seeing that Q-Rau painted up in TV colors, @sh9000

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

Nice! It definitely looks like it will match nicely with a DX Max!

I assume TV green for it?

:good:  It’s 14” tall and will be painted in TV green.  Looks to be about the right size.

1C97D6FD-807A-4CFB-944F-8239E844409C.jpeg.80986868fd31d83c85299cb217b41ab3.jpeg

6A93B296-C925-49BF-93C7-B0948DEDB46A.jpeg.31d220e902d10a0661ea18025cea71f5.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

It seems my DX VF-1S arrived at the delivery facility via DHL at 10:30 this morning. It's still saying the estimated delivery date is Monday the 27th, though I wouldn't think they'd actually hold it there until then. 

Anticipation is worse than death itself...

51 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

It seems my DX VF-1S arrived at the delivery facility via DHL at 10:30 this morning. It's still saying the estimated delivery date is Monday the 27th, though I wouldn't think they'd actually hold it there until then. 

They more than likely won’t. My package is out for delivery today and it was scheduled for Monday.

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

Depends on the shipping company. UPS has held my package for several days in their warehouse because the expected delivery date and they refused to deliver it sooner. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

22 minutes ago, myk said:

Anticipation is worse than death itself...

IKR?

I have to remind myself this is going to be about the size of the Yamato/Arcadia VF-0's. I haven't had a 1/48 VF-1 since around 2007. 

@ Shogun93 : Good to know. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

18 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

DHL tracking now says " Forwarded for delivery", I'm guessing it's been handed off to either UPS or USPS for final delivery. 

I hate it when that happens.  Anytime the big shippers hand it off to USPS, something usually goes wrong...

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

I think in 03 there was a website renewal and everyone who was an existing member then had their accounts transfer over which is why most the old accounts you see have a 2003 start date.

Yes, that's true. There was a big change in the forum software in 2003 and it wasn't possible to migrate over the content from the old system to the new one. I can't remember if our accounts were migrated or we had to re-establish them ourselves. I think that's why there's a place in our profiles for "Old MW Name". I believe that I had to populate that myself.

15 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

DHL tracking now says " Forwarded for delivery", I'm guessing it's been handed off to either UPS or USPS for final delivery. 

Most likely USPS. In many areas, the post office handles last mile delivery. DHL generates a Priority Mail shipping label at the closest regional hub, slaps it on your box, and drops it in the mail. What sucks is that you don't get the USPS tracking number, so if there are issues with the delivery and you go to the post office to ask about it, they can't help you because the DHL tracking number means nothing to them. You can request the tracking number through DHL customer service, but that can take a few days.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yes, that's true. There was a big change in the forum software in 2003 and it wasn't possible to migrate over the content from the old system to the new one. I can't remember if our accounts were migrated or we had to re-establish them ourselves. I think that's why there's a place in our profiles for "Old MW Name". I believe that I had to populate that myself.

I think we had to re-sign and re-establish ourselves after the software migration in '03.

6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Most likely USPS. In many areas, the post office handles last mile delivery. DHL generates a Priority Mail shipping label at the closest regional hub, slaps it on your box, and drops it in the mail. What sucks is that you don't get the USPS tracking number, so if there are issues with the delivery and you go to the post office to ask about it, they can't help you because the DHL tracking number means nothing to them. You can request the tracking number through DHL customer service, but that can take a few days.

I'm not going to worry about it, I used my paypal card to pay for it so if it never arrives, I'll get my money back. 

25 minutes ago, treatment said:

I think we had to re-sign and re-establish ourselves after the software migration in '03.

I remember we lost our post count, but the accounts were migrated.

I first signed November 2001 and Yamato launched the v1 DYRL VF-1A Hikaru and the TRU Exclusive VF-1A Cannon Fodder.

2 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I remember we lost our post count, but the accounts were migrated.

I first signed November 2001 and Yamato launched the v1 DYRL VF-1A Hikaru and the TRU Exclusive VF-1A Cannon Fodder.

This sounds right. I think we must have had to go through some steps on the new forums. I remember the upgrade and I seem to remember a loss of post count, even though this version of this account says 05.

Going back to the olden days.. I peeked onto this this site when it was named Shawn's and Graham's Macrossworld and one the sides (either left or right), Valkyrie-Exchange (now gone) was one of the sponsors.

I remember this site when I had to pre-order HMR Roy's 1s with the stand from NY. Some of the members here got through the first initial batch with no issues and didn't pay the additional fee to get it shipped. I was on the second batch, had to wait for a restock and paid additional difference for the newer stock and waited close to two/three weeks before it got shipped. 

Didn't go onto this site any more until December 2017 and the rest is history. ;)    

Edit: Skimmed DYRL quickly. Milia's Q-Rau missiles deflected off Max's 1s while transformation from Battroid to Jet Mode.

Edited by borgified

7 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

They only responded to me once they actually had my item ready to ship (I got my SSP set from them last Friday). They ignored me for weeks until then. Once they finally contacted me, they were actually pretty quick responding after that, but it was complete radio silence until then. If you ordered fewer sets and want faster shipping, they'll prioritize you - I only had ordered one set and was using UPS rather than ferry - but beyond that it's a crapshoot. Good luck, hopefully your stuff ships out soon!

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Everyone talking about SSP from NY...anyone get their second run Missile sets from them yet? I ordered one of each as backup from NY and I’m not worried about getting them but just curious. 

I got my four sets almost two weeks ago. I requested a shipping update to UPS, paid the new invoice, got them just a few days later. 

12 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I got my four sets almost two weeks ago. I requested a shipping update to UPS, paid the new invoice, got them just a few days later. 

Ok cool. So they have them and if I really wanted, I could nudge them to send mine. Good to know, thanks!

Going to list these here.

On Jungle:

DX Hikaru's 1s for 25.3k yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443373

DX Missile set for 6,050 yen (Grade B) - https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/443395

* I believe that they might keep it for you until shipping is resumed to overseas *