Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

11 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

IF they make a two seater, then I'm going to want a VF-1D and possibly the Ostrich as I haven't owned a two seater since Yamato's original 1/60 version. I never did get their 1/60 V2...but if they don't, I can stop after Hikaru's TV VF-1S. 

yeah, yamato never made a 1/48 d or ostrich.  first ever?  man, that would be so rad!

10 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

At least per the anime....

ep15-vf1aalaskabase.jpg

Yamato thought otherwise....

--tdSPusHGzyf28y-kojR7vZbBndxEHeoM37lC0k

Either way looks pretty good. I like how the placard next to the Yamato says “The road to complete ?” As if asking “Have we made every possible variant NOW?!?” Haha

Edited by RedComet

54 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That green is FANTASTIC. I have never wanted a Alaska Base variant before.......now.

That picture is making me want one, too. And a TV Hayao.

I see a bunch of PMs about decals. The level of interest is higher than I expected. I'm going to try to help everyone who has contacted me so far. There might be a delay in me responding to messages, though. I already know that my work day tomorrow is going to be very long, so I might not be able to get back to everyone until Saturday morning. If you're interested and haven't reached out yet, please send a PM soon.

I gave the Alaska Base a go years back with an $80 dollar-ish shelf warmer TV Kaki Yamato 1:60v2. It was a quick job, I've never tried transforming it, It would wreck the paint, but whatever, looks great in robot mode! Sorry for the OT pics, but I wanted to play.

Toys-Models(1).jpeg

Toys-Models(2).jpeg

Toys-Models(3).jpeg

Toys-Models(4).jpeg

Toys-Models(5).jpeg

Toys-Models(6).jpeg

Toys-Models(7).jpeg

Toys-Models(8).jpeg

Toys-Models(9).jpeg

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I gave the Alaska Base a go years back with an $80 dollar-ish shelf warmer TV Kaki Yamato 1:60v2. It was a quick job, I've never tried transforming it, It would wreck the paint, but whatever, looks great in robot mode! Sorry for the OT pics, but I wanted to play.

Toys-Models(4).jpeg

:good:

About a million years ago someone posted a pic of a DX Max (I think it was a Max) posed like the SOCOM guys shoot. They had the gun pod collapsed so it could be pulled in tighter and I think the pic was taken outside. I just went through an eye bleeding number of pages here and in the  1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144 thread looking for it. I can't find it. I'm hoping someone knows where it is (maybe a different thread) or the person who posted it up can post it again. It looked really great and i'm trying to replicate it....with little luck. Thanks!

This is the shooting stance but the pic was from a different angle.

SOCOM.jpg.aef4bbd2055184874bff752f2eb5bb9b.jpg

32 minutes ago, sqidd said:

About a million years ago someone posted a pic of a DX Max (I think it was a Max) posed like the SOCOM guys shoot. They had the gun pod collapsed so it could be pulled in tighter and I think the pic was taken outside. I just went through an eye bleeding number of pages here and in the  1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144 thread looking for it. I can't find it. I'm hoping someone knows where it is (maybe a different thread) or the person who posted it up can post it again. It looked really great and i'm trying to replicate it....with little luck. Thanks!

This is the shooting stance but the pic was from a different angle.

SOCOM.jpg.aef4bbd2055184874bff752f2eb5bb9b.jpg

Is this it?

13 minutes ago, Milk Krispy said:

I've never heard of the CF design. Which is that?

It's just fandom slang for the mass-production Valkyrie units, the brown-and-ivory color scheme most VF-1As have in the animation.  It stands for "cannon fodder."  :p

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Is this it?

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

ok, it's gotta be this one haha, that scratched an itch to search for something.  Awesome shots by @peter

You linked the same one twice.:p

Those aren't it. I may have a Mandela Effect thing going on there but I swear it was Max, the gun pod was collapsed and it was outside????

Thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You linked the same one twice.:p

Those aren't it. I may have a Mandela Effect thing going on there but I swear it was Max, the gun pod was collapsed and it was outside????

Thanks for the help!

The second one is different from the first one, and it is out door.

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

The second one is different from the first one, and it is out door.

I must have some weird cookie stuff going on. They both take me to the same thing. Can you drop the pic in here?:hail:

13 minutes ago, technoblue said:

FYI: You have to click on the arrow icon or the text "peter replied to a topic" to get to the linked post. If you click anywhere else, the site will redirect you to the first post in the thread.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh, so I'm just stupid then!:rofl:

I had no idea. Thanks!

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh, so I'm just stupid then!:rofl:

I had no idea. Thanks!

Same here, lol! I think I may have clicked the right spot on accident before to get the desired results but never paid enough attention to know what was actually working or not.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Same here, lol! I think I may have clicked the right spot on accident before to get the desired results but never paid enough attention to know what was actually working or not.

I was so effin confused!:unknw:

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Jackpot! Thanks!!!!:good::hail:

Glad you finally found it!

What is the in-universe reason for the gun pod extending anyway? Closest I could get to something that made sense was talk about how the VF-0 version extended to vent heat. Are we all good with that for a reasonable explanation?

48 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Glad you finally found it!

What is the in-universe reason for the gun pod extending anyway? Closest I could get to something that made sense was talk about how the VF-0 version extended to vent heat. Are we all good with that for a reasonable explanation?

Could be also to also extend the bullet travel through the gunpod and so provide greater accuracy and exit velocity.

Out of universe, it's probably just because it's a cool gimmick.