Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, borgified said:

It's 24.2k yen with the 10% tax for Japanese residences and 22k yen (without) for others for Keith's 262 Hs

Are you going to try the transfomation on the 262 or leave it as it is @Grey728

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Sounds like a nightmare to transform based on @jenius review. I might get one more. One to transform and another to leave in jet form. I dunno yet!

@Shawn's story of what it took to transform his Sv-262 is both funny and painful to read, because all of us who have attempted it experienced the exact same thing. Mine is staying in battroid mode for life.

23 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

@Shawn's story of what it took to transform his Sv-262 is both funny and painful to read, because all of us who have attempted it experienced the exact same thing. Mine is staying in battroid mode for life.

Yuuup!  One time through Jenuis's genius transformation guide was enough for me.  Keith will forever be Battroid.

39 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

yeah, i guess.  from a consumer pov it's not too clear.  which seems like it should be.  in any case the price is being hosted on their retail experience.

Whenever you are unsure if it's by proxy or not, you will just need to look at the 2 highlighted area of the item page.   

cdjp.PNG.c45a1598cb63090f395caea16a3962fe.PNG

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

So, for anyone who wants one, I am starting work on a batch of custom DYRL Max 1S, much like the Roy 1S that you all saw @sqidd proudly display, based on the Hikaru 1S using the new and improved decals from @Anasazi37. (Starting them now, as the switch to new decals has caused a slight delay in finishing some weathered Roys) As before, you can get them with weathering and panel lining (and even get missiles and non-canonical SSP weathered and lined to match).  Pricing varies depending on what exactly you want done, but PM me and I will give you all the details. Here is an "artists rendering" (photoshop) of the final product sqidd style (no weathering), one of sqidd's Roys, and the weathered and panel lined Roys. Let me know if you have any questions B))

93501852_286380142352497_3767848870518409300_n.jpg.f6ed9c45d41dc79b35c582c93fe2b911.jpg

Hey, I got bored during the lockdown and did this in photoshop, apologies for my noob PS skills. :p 

@RedComet I'd totally be interested if you do a Max VF-1S. But if you do a 1A Alaska Base or Cavaliers, then just take my goddamn money!

1 hour ago, peter said:

Yeah, figured as much :(

I had a roy in my HLJ cart too. Though there was a new batch of roy available, It still showed out of stock based on the old order.
So i removed the old roy order from my cart and re-ordered.

31 minutes ago, Jetreo said:

Hey, I got bored during the lockdown and did this in photoshop, apologies for my noob PS skills. :p 

@RedComet I'd totally be interested if you do a Max VF-1S. But if you do a 1A Alaska Base or Cavaliers, then just take my goddamn money!

I was going to just use the line art, but this popped up on google. I didn't even know it was a member on here, but I think you did a good job! It makes sense that the person who photoshopped this would want one IRL. Max is what we are working on right now, but willing to branch out in the future, already have Low-vis and DX G1 Jetfire Toy Deco on the radar, so Alaska base would be pretty easy once that shade of green is nailed down. Then it's pretty much just taking a 1A Max and painting green all of the blue plastic and get a new U.N. SPACY decal for each leg and come up with some fake pilot Ranks and names and new modex numbers. Still that's a few months off at least, as for the DYRL Max, you could get it before people get DYRL Kakizakis :D

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yuuup!  One time through Jenuis's genius transformation guide was enough for me.  Keith will forever be Battroid.

I guess it's like tying to transform FT Koot and everyone says its a pig if you tried it once.  

So just leave in bot mode for Koot (or for any FT products in that case) and don't even think about doing the transformation on it (however Paik4Life did both the transfomations on Koot and it took him 1 1/2 hrs first try). :lol:

I might have to think hard about your custom DX 1s Max @Red Comet. $600 USD/$750 CND is a chunk of change, unless I get you do my Yammie v.2 1J with GBP (I do have the replacement shoulder parts). I do have the Arcadia reissue on pre-order if anyone is wondering). 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

While I agree that nin-nin is crap, I wish some of these reviews would stick with the facts, which should be enough. When they start making accusations with no proof, it just makes their review less credible...ironically since they are also calling out other reviews.

Again, use a credit card through Paypal whenever buying from any foreign retailer to give yourself extra protection. Paypal should side with you in this case but if they don't your credit card company most likely will. I've thankfully have not needed to go that far very often but when I have, I've never seen a case where a credit card company would not side with their cardholder. 

Agreed. I have 1 copy on order with them. Have until jan 3 2021 to file claim. If release date changes or they don’t ship by that date, I will file claim with paypal. No games.

Mine arrived in perfect condition today. They shipped it in a box.

My Metal Build Green Zaku though arrived a bit dinged, it was in a box but man handled by UPS. I notified the seller and got an apology, no compensation though.

@Agent-GHQ - You should have blacked out the address before you posted..

Now we can break in your house and go stealing what we can get our hands on! :ph34r:

For anyone else here: Can you send pics and the legal documents Amazon.jp to see if you can get some compensations for the damage done in this case or not? 

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I removed the Order Stop Roy from my HLJ cart after seeing this comment, so I don't get stuck at checkout next time if/when it ever comes back in stock.

I did too... reluctantly :(

been clinging onto it since pre-order night like I have any hope of getting one at MSRP, lol!

2 hours ago, peter said:

I did too... reluctantly :(

been clinging onto it since pre-order night like I have any hope of getting one at MSRP, lol!

Yep... It was hard to remove from cart, but definitely would be so upset if having it cart caused me to miss out again on release week etc.

4 hours ago, Agent-GHQ said:

I don’t suppose I can get some kinda compensation for this unacceptable packing from AJ. Shipped in a padded envelope, cmon man!!!

12BEE218-537A-4F82-839A-9CF3DCE7B65E.jpeg

01CD9CFE-94F7-4F7D-AF94-B496E4E88C81.jpeg

D7BE08F7-F23C-4F8C-B3B8-E6FE2B2DD47B.jpeg

Da EF?! Mandarakes shipping waaaaaay better and the cost cheaper!

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

This is the part where he says "shut the F up, Donnie" :rofl:  And of curse, I posted it in reference to your prophetic musings that will bring us disaster like zombies!

I thought that was, but the lips were not matching up for me. Back in the I worked a place with a Donnie that was constantly getting messed with.  Picture a Boiler Room vibe there. Every once in a while over the PA and all of the speakers on the phone a "STFU Donnie!!!!!" would come out of nowhere.:rofl:

Ordered a Hikaru 1S from Mandarake a few hours ago... hopefully. Current status is checking stock and still waiting on an email for shipping cost.

It was a store front item, but is listed as unopened but damaged packaging for 26,000 yen. That's a better price than at NY at least. If my order actually goes through, I'll have to worry about finding the FAST packs next.

@MacrossJunkie fast pack is regularly restocked recently priced at 11 to 13,000 yen. Finding one on the same branch is the tricky part (for maybe savings in shipping)

@Agent-GHQ that sucks, I am not sure how AJ will handle it but usually, Japanese retailers have no gives as long as the actual item inside (the toy) is okay. They will argue that the box is part of the packaging.

13 hours ago, RedComet said:

I was going to just use the line art, but this popped up on google. I didn't even know it was a member on here, but I think you did a good job! It makes sense that the person who photoshopped this would want one IRL. Max is what we are working on right now, but willing to branch out in the future, already have Low-vis and DX G1 Jetfire Toy Deco on the radar, so Alaska base would be pretty easy once that shade of green is nailed down. Then it's pretty much just taking a 1A Max and painting green all of the blue plastic and get a new U.N. SPACY decal for each leg and come up with some fake pilot Ranks and names and new modex numbers. Still that's a few months off at least, as for the DYRL Max, you could get it before people get DYRL Kakizakis :D

Count me in for an Alaska Base custom scheme if you decide to do it.

12 hours ago, Agent-GHQ said:

I don’t suppose I can get some kinda compensation for this unacceptable packing from AJ. Shipped in a padded envelope, cmon man!!!

That’s normal for Amazon. That’s why I prefer the regular online retailers like ami, hlj etc which would tend to put some extra padding/effort into packing. If I can help it of course.

I had my macross designer notes book from amazon japan arrive to me with one of the corners wet and slightly torn open where u could peek in. Fortunately the book was untouched inside.

My every other purchases from amazon were as crumpled as well. However, very seldom from the Japanese online retailers.

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I thought that was, but the lips were not matching up for me. Back in the I worked a place with a Donnie that was constantly getting messed with.  Picture a Boiler Room vibe there. Every once in a while over the PA and all of the speakers on the phone a "STFU Donnie!!!!!" would come out of nowhere.:rofl:

That's amazing!! LMAO

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

For Amazon, brand new stuff sold by Amazon is packaged well. Buying stuff later, through Amazon market place (even fulfilled by Amazon) means rolling the dice on packaging. 

That's been my experience as well. AJ has always shipped using a box with the item shrinkwrapped to a glued down cardboard base. Very surprised (and unnerved) seeing the padded envelope approach for something of that size. Makes sense that it was Marketplace but still lame. Mandy and Ami never shipped anything like that even on used items.

My experience with AJ was there is literally nothing on top of the AJ box to stop it from collapsing in. I found it funny they took care of the bottom shrink wrap and cardboard but didn’t care to protect the top from caving in. AJ box fillers are practically empty and cannot compare to the amount jp online retailers add in.

43 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

That's amazing!! LMAO

That place was high stress and big money. It was fun in it's own way and I was the right age for it. At 30ish yrs old you will tolerate a lot. Everyone that worked there was wearing $20K watches and had a Corvette and a Hummer. If we had a good week the owner would take me and the other two managers out to the "ballet club" and drop $10-20K on a Friday night.:shok: I've sat around underground Poker games where there were hundreds of thousands in play. Everyone had a big house on a lake with at least one boat. It was bonkers. I kinda played the game (I'm not going to skip a $20K night out at the ballet club on someone else's money!) so it looked like I was into it. But I bought my first house, financed one heck of a Superbike racing program and socked enough money away to open a motorcycle dealership. After four years I couldn't take that place anymore. It was rotting my soul.:diablo:

Since we're discussing packaging from Amazon.jp, I got a second hand Arcadia 1J Max that I bought from a 3rd party seller and it was packaged in the Kleenex type box. 

Got dents on the outside box, however the box was not opened like @Slave IV's DX VF-1j upon getting it.

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

My experience with AJ was there is literally nothing on top of the AJ box to stop it from collapsing in. I found it funny they took care of the bottom shrink wrap and cardboard but didn’t care to protect the top from caving in. AJ box fillers are practically empty and cannot compare to the amount jp online retailers add in.

Will see how the boxes are this time when my re-release Arcadia VF-1J with GBP gets in. If I'm not mistaken, the boxes are better constructed this time round. 

So, I've been away from the forum and from Macross collecting for a while now, but I managed to luck out on a Roy. Being away means I was largely oblivious to the TV Super set until after I had secured a pre-order for the 1S. It looks like NY is pretty much the only game in town left and I'm mostly curious what the 11k yen price looks like compared to what it actually retails for. I know NY is kind of a mixed bag, but I might roll the dice for the supers.

10 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

So, I've been away from the forum and from Macross collecting for a while now, but I managed to luck out on a Roy. Being away means I was largely oblivious to the TV Super set until after I had secured a pre-order for the 1S. It looks like NY is pretty much the only game in town left and I'm mostly curious what the 11k yen price looks like compared to what it actually retails for. I know NY is kind of a mixed bag, but I might roll the dice for the supers.

Lol.  Roy is bringing a lot of us old-timers out of retirement.   

12 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

The original MSRP for the TV Supers (with tax) was 8800JPY.

7 minutes ago, myk said:

Lol.  Roy is bringing a lot of us old-timers out of retirement.   

For real lol. I mean, it's Roy, there's basically nothing in all of Macross that forces my wallet open like something related to Roy. The PO was dumb luck too. I happened to just check a thread minutes after he went back up on HLJ. I'm a little skeptical, but still reasonably sure they'll come through.

6 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The original MSRP for the TV Supers (with tax) was 8800JPY.

Perfect, thanks. So a markup, but not one so egregious that it completely rules out the option.

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Honestly, as someone whose December-order DYRL Super Strike Parts finally shipped from Nippon-Yasan today, I'd just wait until the parts are released rather than pre-order through NY. The SSP were not hard to find on the secondary market and the mark-up was not that much - certainly less than the extra I had to pay to ship during COVID. Just my recommendation!