Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

34 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

well 11 days of battle and nin-nin is gone quiet saying is paypal, spoken to paypal and they say nin-nin has not authorised a refund, there for its now been escalated and will take up to 20 days to come to a conclusion

hope you do get your pre-orders with nin-nin but if you dont you wont get your money either 

need to put a review in trust pilot for them as they are the worst

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that, so far, they haven't done anything like that with my order, but there's still alot of time between now and release day. 

oh well looks like im not alone lol  thats one of the latest reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.nin-nin-game.com

Do NOT under any circumstance place a…

Do NOT under any circumstance place a order with this company! All of the positive reviews on here have to be from Nin Nin Game associates or the owner. Their website states that all in stock orders ship out within 2-4 business days. I placed a order 10 days ago and my order still has not shipped.

Every single time I email them it takes 2 days or so for them to respond with a vague 8 or 10 word sentence. The first time they responded and said that my order would ship out in a couple of days. My order doesn’t get shipped, so I email them again, they now say the order will go out at the beginning of next week. Next week comes, order doesn’t ship out. I email again and they said my order will go out around June 20th.

I emailed them back and told them that if they don’t ship my order out by June 20th I’m filing a chargeback against them. I wouldn’t have placed a order if it was going to take 2-4 weeks or 2-4 months to ship my items out. The 2-4 day promise is a lie. All of my items said in stock when I placed a order. I ordered 4 different Neo Geo MVS games. (Over $420!) and paid for FedEx 2-3 day delivery. This website does not have the items in stock that you purchase. They try to find the items locally after you pay for your order.

Beware! They will scam you! They will take your money and give you nothing. FRAUD! Stay far away from this company. I will update this review if they actually ship my order. If not, I’ll be filing a chargeback on June 20th! Buyer beware!!!! Don’t believe the fake positive reviews on here!!

***Don’t believe the fake positive reviews on here. 99% of the positive reviews have only 1 review & company that they’ve rated, & its Nin Nin Game. That should be all the evidence you need, to prove that these scammers are leaving fake positive reviews, to try to persuade you into purchasing from them. Little strange that all the members that left a positive review only have rated Nin Nin Game positive and nobody else. No other reviews. Hmmmm. Think about that. Stay far away from these criminals, scammers, thieves. They will take your money and you won’t get your items. Buyer Beware!!***

1 star: Bad
Updated 26 Jun 2020

DO NOT buy from Nin Nin Game!!

My experience with Nin Nin Game has to be one of the *worst* I've ever had shopping online. Their terms & conditions have been written in an attempt to directly infringe upon consumer rights and their customer services team is setup simply to make you go away:

1.) DO NOT put any card details into a pre-order! I assumed that like most places, putting my card details in ahead of time would mean it's all ready to be charged once shipped. Instead they took *full payment* five months in advance. "Oops" I thought, I've made a mistake, so contacted them to cancel my order, and get a refund.
2.) This is where they started LYING to me! Initially they just flat out refused to let me cancel *at all*, citing their terms and conditions of a different part of their website - all written to be as consumer unfriendly as possible.
3.) After I informed them of the consumer rights protecting my right to cancel, they eventually agreed to cancel my order. *BUT* they would hold my money hostage/steal it - only offering me some store credit. Again, a direct violation of my consumer rights.

So, the end result is that I've had to issue a chargeback from my bank, and (since they have offices in France) opened a dispute resolution through a European commission. They have shrugged these things off, and don't care... the reason? They seem to get this *ALL THE TIME* judging by a quick Google search, and also other people I now know have gone through the exact same process I have - going through their bank to reclaim money.

Now, some of the reviews below I'm sure are genuine, as unless you have a problem with this company you'd never know how *AWFUL* their customer service really is. I would STRONGLY ADVISE against using this company though. You have been warned.

38 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

spoken to paypal and they say nin-nin has not authorised a refund

The product is still six months from release, listings continue to sell out in minutes (regardless of price), yet they refuse to offer you a refund on your pre-order?  :blink:

They haven't got a leg to stand on...  I can't fathom why they're even fighting you on this.  :huh:

Well, I managed to snag a VF-1S Hikaru brand new shipped for slightly less than what I paid for the Roy VF-1S preorder with shipping, so if nothing else, I will finally be able to see for myself what all the fuss is/was about. :p

Edited by Kyp Durron

58 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

well 11 days of battle and nin-nin is gone quiet saying is paypal, spoken to paypal and they say nin-nin has not authorised a refund, there for its now been escalated and will take up to 20 days to come to a conclusion

hope you do get your pre-orders with nin-nin but if you dont you wont get your money either 

need to put a review in trust pilot for them as they are the worst

Sorry mate to hear about your continued problems with them.  Are you the one who got the used Hikaru DX VF-1S when you tried to place a PO for Roy's DX?

That whole thing is both bizarre and frakked up.  I hope you get resolution on this soon one way or another, and I agree with you, never settle for store credit.  Best of luck!

7 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Well, I managed to snag a VF-1S Hikaru brand new shipped for slightly less than what I paid for the Roy VF-1S preorder with shipping, so if nothing else, I will finally be able to see for myself what all the fuss is/was about. :p

In the Asia forums there is talk about local stores getting an extra allocation of the DYRL VF-1S last Saturday, out of the blue.  YJA prices seems to have come down slightly as well.  Apparently Bandai found extra stock and these are being pushed through the regular channels.  Very strange - was Bandai hoarding their own stock of the DX 1S in the first place?? haha!

Edited by rdrunner

30 minutes ago, tekering said:

The product is still six months from release, listings continue to sell out in minutes (regardless of price), yet they refuse to offer you a refund on your pre-order?  :blink:

They haven't got a leg to stand on...  I can't fathom why they're even fighting you on this.  :huh:

it was a preoder when i paid for it they charged my paypal for a hikaru at double the price of the roy, not until i got the e-mail confirmation that i contacted them to let the know thats not what i ordered. and to cancel and refund me 

which they are saying they have  but no money yet 

17 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Sorry mate to hear about your continued problems with them.  Are you the one who got the used Hikaru DX VF-1S when you tried to place a PO for Roy's DX?

That whole thing is both bizarre and frakked up.  I hope you get resolution on this soon one way or another, and I agree with you, never settle for store credit.  Best of luck!

yep that will be me.. just my luck 

When looking at Anymoon's review on Youtube, it's really obvious that Bandai based a lot of this on Yamato's 1/60 V2. Especially with keeping the arms from being seen from the sides in fighter mode. The nose section and cockpit area seems to be shaped more like Yamato's 1/48 line, which to me is having the best of those two versions combined. 

2020-07-14_10-07-41.jpg.40a6bb4cc250d95fed00091d065b4dfd.jpg

Just an update for any Canadians waiting on Nippon Yassan like me. I was under the impression that SAL and EMS shipments were still being sent to Canada but apparently it's only EMS and not SAL for some reason. NY contacted me to let me know I needed to upgrade my shipping method to EMS so they could ship my missiles. I had to raise a ticket with the magic words "change shipping method" and then they sent me an invoice for 1000 Yen. The ticket was responded to very quickly so maybe they are improving customer service?

Ferry is still available as well but they will refund you the difference in cost with store credit which I'm not crazy about.

They are still very slow to ship though. The missiles released 3 weeks ago I believe and they only contacted me about shipping yesterday. I also ordered a DX YF-19 set from them which was in stock weeks ago and they haven't even started processing it yet.

But I do realize I'm lucky to still have access to EMS and my stuff will ship eventually. Just trying to give people hope!

3 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

oh well looks like im not alone lol  thats one of the latest reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.nin-nin-game.com

Do NOT under any circumstance place a…

Do NOT under any circumstance place a order with this company! All of the positive reviews on here have to be from Nin Nin Game associates or the owner. Their website states that all in stock orders ship out within 2-4 business days. I placed a order 10 days ago and my order still has not shipped.

Every single time I email them it takes 2 days or so for them to respond with a vague 8 or 10 word sentence. The first time they responded and said that my order would ship out in a couple of days. My order doesn’t get shipped, so I email them again, they now say the order will go out at the beginning of next week. Next week comes, order doesn’t ship out. I email again and they said my order will go out around June 20th.

I emailed them back and told them that if they don’t ship my order out by June 20th I’m filing a chargeback against them. I wouldn’t have placed a order if it was going to take 2-4 weeks or 2-4 months to ship my items out. The 2-4 day promise is a lie. All of my items said in stock when I placed a order. I ordered 4 different Neo Geo MVS games. (Over $420!) and paid for FedEx 2-3 day delivery. This website does not have the items in stock that you purchase. They try to find the items locally after you pay for your order.

Beware! They will scam you! They will take your money and give you nothing. FRAUD! Stay far away from this company. I will update this review if they actually ship my order. If not, I’ll be filing a chargeback on June 20th! Buyer beware!!!! Don’t believe the fake positive reviews on here!!

***Don’t believe the fake positive reviews on here. 99% of the positive reviews have only 1 review & company that they’ve rated, & its Nin Nin Game. That should be all the evidence you need, to prove that these scammers are leaving fake positive reviews, to try to persuade you into purchasing from them. Little strange that all the members that left a positive review only have rated Nin Nin Game positive and nobody else. No other reviews. Hmmmm. Think about that. Stay far away from these criminals, scammers, thieves. They will take your money and you won’t get your items. Buyer Beware!!***

While I agree that nin-nin is crap, I wish some of these reviews would stick with the facts, which should be enough. When they start making accusations with no proof, it just makes their review less credible...ironically since they are also calling out other reviews.

Again, use a credit card through Paypal whenever buying from any foreign retailer to give yourself extra protection. Paypal should side with you in this case but if they don't your credit card company most likely will. I've thankfully have not needed to go that far very often but when I have, I've never seen a case where a credit card company would not side with their cardholder. 

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

While I agree that nin-nin is crap, I wish some of these reviews would stick with the facts, which should be enough. When they start making accusations with no proof, it just makes their review less credible...ironically since they are also calling out other reviews.

Agreed. Whenever a review starts with anything resembling “DO NOT BUY THIS” they lose me. I understand people’s need to vent, but I don’t need to be the recipient.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Sorry Alan. That sucks to hear. Hopefully Paypal refunds you soon.

Anyways, I couldn't resist any longer. :wacko: At least I got a SV-262H at near retail price? 

It's 24.2k yen with the 10% tax for Japanese residences and 22k yen (without) for others for Keith's 262 Hs

For Hikaru's DX 1S - It's asking 28.5 k yen (3rd party seller) and up to be shipped to Canada.

Are you going to try the transfomation on the 262 or leave it as it is @Grey728

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

Sounds like a nightmare to transform based on @jenius review. I might get one more. One to transform and another to leave in jet form. I dunno yet!

Take a gander in the DX 262 Hs thread if you have an opportunity, There might be tips that might help you out. 

Also try Wotafa's review on the 262 Hs.  ;)

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Sorry Alan. That sucks to hear. Hopefully Paypal refunds you soon.

Anyways, I couldn't resist any longer. :wacko: At least I got a SV-262H at near retail price? 

image.png.93a59fed2c281b3342fb8c455515116c.png

Nice! I got the VF-1S last week from AmazonJP and it was slightly more so good job on the extra savings!

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

2020-07-14_10-07-41.jpg.40a6bb4cc250d95fed00091d065b4dfd.jpg

This pic does nothing except remind me quite vividly why I really don't care terribly much if I have the more than one Bandai DX in my collection...

Yamato got sooooo many things right ohh so many years ago! 

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

This pic does nothing except remind me quite vividly why I really don't care terribly much if I have the more than one Bandai DX in my collection...

Aye, that they did, but I do think they did improve on the Yamato 1/60 V2, I really like the fuselage, like I said, it's more like Yamato's 1/48 which I think is more accurate. I'm not looking to have a bunch of these, just Hikaru's and Roy's. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Agreed. If I hadn't got back in the "sport" during the DX era I would have been fine with Yamato stuff. I actually have some Yamato stuff. I love it.

The biggest thing I like about the DX's the way they feel. Very solid. The aesthetics are a toss up. I've got DX Hikaru's and DX Roy's (custom DYRL's and PO's for the TV version). The only other DX I see getting is a VF-1J Hikaru GBP Grey Goggle if they release one.

As much as I would like to have some DX TV M&M's I'm good with my Yamato's..

That said, I would be into DX 21's and 11's.

And lordy lordy please don't let them release Zero stuff!:rofl:

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Agreed. If I hadn't got back in the "sport" during the DX era I would have been fine with Yamato stuff. I actually have some Yamato stuff. I love it.

The biggest thing I like about the DX's the way they feel. Very solid. The aesthetics are a toss up. I've got DX Hikaru's and DX Roy's (custom DYRL's and PO's for the TV version). The only other DX I see getting is a VF-1J Hikaru GBP Grey Goggle if they release one.

As much as I would like to have some DX TV M&M's I'm good with my Yamato's..

That said, I would be into DX 21's and 11's.

And lordy lordy please don't let them release Zero stuff!:rofl:

I actually hope they do release Zero stuff, so I don't have to pay pound me in the ass prices for the Arcadia releases. :p

8 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

OK. How about.. 'Bandai to release 1/35 VF-1 Scale with light up gimmicks' like the first page of this thread.

or

'Bandai to release TV Style SDF-1 in Soul of Chogokin line' coming 2021?

Just a suggestion ;)

To make the first one work I would need to do elevindy billion hours of CAD work then get a 1/35 CNC'd out of a aluminum. Bandai would release their 1/35 the next day!:rofl:

I may be working on the SDF-1 thing along with @DYRL VF-1S right now!. We're both having big time customs made from 1/3000 Matchbox toys. As soon as we get them, Arcadia or Bandai will release the most epic TV SDF-1 ever!

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I may be working on the SDF-1 thing along with @DYRL VF-1S right now!. We're both having big time customs made from 1/3000 Matchbox toys. As soon as we get them, Arcadia or Bandai will release the most epic TV SDF-1 ever!

I have to wait another year almost exactly though!!  I. can. not. wait.  LEK here we come!  TV SDF-1 Anime style.  That dude is so backlogged.  Amazing work.

And have I mentioned that I'm amped up for the next PO night already?  C'mon DX, let's do this.  Give me TV Kakizaki so I can complete the Vermillion or anything from DYRL please so I can use the damn SSP.  (Stoked about DYRL Kakizaki in a about a month)

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm disappointed that I can't remember the line. I've seen that movie a whole bunch of time. Love it!

This is the part where he says "shut the F up, Donnie" :rofl:  And of course, I posted it in reference to your prophetic musings that will bring us disaster like zombies!

20 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

HLJ go go go

image.png.e1f380da01b99ffcdaeb5d3814f15d7b.png

I'm asleep at the wheel as per filling usual....lol!

Screenshot_20200714_152307_com.android.chrome.jpg.775f2a6e1a0566a1fb547bc1a438c0c8.jpg

I still had one in my shopping cart from pre-order night, guess it doesn't work.

Screw it, i'm hanging on to it until the formal release, lol!

8 minutes ago, peter said:

I still had one in my shopping cart from pre-order night, guess it doesn't work.

You have to actually process it through to payment.  It won't automatically process.  It's just stuck in your cart, so everyone else did a leap frog by processing through.

So, for anyone who wants one, I am starting work on a batch of custom DYRL Max 1S, much like the Roy 1S that you all saw @sqidd proudly display, based on the Hikaru 1S using the new and improved decals from @Anasazi37. (Starting them now, as the switch to new decals has caused a slight delay in finishing some weathered Roys) As before, you can get them with weathering and panel lining (and even get missiles and non-canonical SSP weathered and lined to match).  Pricing varies depending on what exactly you want done, but PM me and I will give you all the details. Here is an "artists rendering" (photoshop) of the final product sqidd style (no weathering), one of sqidd's Roys, and the weathered and panel lined Roys. Let me know if you have any questions B))

93501852_286380142352497_3767848870518409300_n.jpg.f6ed9c45d41dc79b35c582c93fe2b911.jpg947050806_Focker2.jpg.0b5798b2211d7dc1928316f303c561af.jpg.0774cbf004d61314275259e7381f185a.jpg1368011703_ThreeRoys.jpg.b96448ed2c8f74c257644e420a837c7e.jpg

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You have to actually process it through to payment.  It won't automatically process.  It's just stuck in your cart, so everyone else did a leap frog by processing through.

Yeah, figured as much :(