Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

:wub: who needs the actual roy DX with these around. This is another way of securing a roy VF-1s. :lol: Be interesting to see how the yellow of the upcoming roy DX fits in with these!

Further if these customs still retained hikaru’s name on the canopy side, it could also represent the booby duck vf-1s in the goodbye girl episode!

nice!:rolleyes::wub:

edit: *tho the point of whether the booby duck valk in ep24 was already assigned to hikaru or not is debatable perhaps?*

Edited by seti88

21 minutes ago, dragontype said:

Dude...  that' looks nice.  That's a helluva a custom.  BTW, what type of flight stand are you using?

Thanks! I didn't paint em though, I only paid for em.:D

That is a YetiStand. He posts here as @ChaoticYeti. His site is down and the stand business is shuttered for the pandemic....I think. Fingers crossed he can get it up and running again when the supply chains get sorted out. Whenever that will be. They are fantastic stands. You can do all sorts of stuff with them. There is a thread in here with a bunch of pictures of different displays. Here is a link.

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

:wub: who needs the actual roy DX with these around. This is another way of securing a roy VF-1s. :lol: Be interesting to see how the yellow of the upcoming roy DX fits in with these!

Further if these customs still retained hikaru’s name on the canopy side, it could also represent the booby duck vf-1s in the goodbye girl episode!

nice!:rolleyes::wub:

edit: *tho the point of whether the booby duck valk in ep24 was already assigned to hikaru or not is debatable perhaps?*

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to have to re-watch that episode.:unknw:

11 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

That looks frakkin bad ass!!! But you know what I’d like to see? I want to see Bandai do a vintage style VF-1S super gift box set and a DYRL Roy strike set too 

Can you imagine the PO for that?! And the price!

I really, really want to see Bandai do a 1/35 in the same range as that $1000 Gundam thing. 

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Can you imagine the PO for that?! And the price!

I really, really want to see Bandai do a 1/35 in the same range as that $1000 Gundam thing. 

E5B3894C-BB52-44B9-8ADC-A129FD37FC23.jpeg.509408e0fd7fde730d3b00c31a89560a.jpeg

Call it the bandai tease :rolleyes: 

cross fingers and toes that it’s still on the cards! 

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

E5B3894C-BB52-44B9-8ADC-A129FD37FC23.jpeg.509408e0fd7fde730d3b00c31a89560a.jpeg

Call it the bandai tease :rolleyes: 

cross fingers and toes that it’s still on the cards! 

YES! That right there! Not that I would be disappointed with a 1J Hikaru. But I would buy three if it was a Roy with Strike Packs.

I'd actually be OK with one that didn't transform "Ultimetal" style if it has the same sort of presence that the Optimus Prime does. The Ultimetal OP is out of this world excellent.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

YES! That right there! Not that I would be disappointed with a 1J Hikaru. But I would buy three if it was a Roy with Strike Packs.

I'd actually be OK with one that didn't transform "Ultimetal" style if it has the same sort of presence that the Optimus Prime does. The Ultimetal OP is out of this world excellent.

If you think the ultimetal is out of this world, check out the Yolopark Optimus Prime. I have never seen anything with this level of engineering.

https://www.yolopark.com/collections/tf-iies/products/tf-iies-op-deluxe-version

11 minutes ago, bleecher said:

If you think the ultimetal is out of this world, check out the Yolopark Optimus Prime. I have never seen anything with this level of engineering.

https://www.yolopark.com/collections/tf-iies/products/tf-iies-op-deluxe-version

I want that thing so bad because of the engineering. But I'm just not a fan of the Bayformer look. If it was your classic toon style I would have PO'd that. Good thing it isn't toon style! Saved me a pile of $$$ and where am I going to put a 24" tall OP at?!?!:rofl:

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thanks! I didn't paint em though, I only paid for em.:D

That is a YetiStand. He posts here as @ChaoticYeti. His site is down and the stand business is shuttered for the pandemic....I think. Fingers crossed he can get it up and running again when the supply chains get sorted out. Whenever that will be. They are fantastic stands. You can do all sorts of stuff with them. There is a thread in here with a bunch of pictures of different displays. Here is a link.

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to have to re-watch that episode.:unknw:

Thanks for the link!  I am in desperate need of quality stands.  Haven't displayed any of my Valks in "flight" unless they came with their own stands.  This will help.  Appreciate pointing me in the right direction!

10 minutes ago, dragontype said:

Thanks for the link!  I am in desperate need of quality stands.  Haven't displayed any of my Valks in "flight" unless they came with their own stands.  This will help.  Appreciate pointing me in the right direction!

Check the Flightpose stands too. I'd guess I have 66% YetiStands and 33% Flightpose. The Flightpose stands are very versatile and suited for a few things better than the YetiStands. The Flightpose stuff is pretty inexpensive too. You can see how I use a combination of them in the pics below.

https://flightpose.com/collections/all

61621574282__298DEE92-DA23-406E-A94A-05D924BE87F6.JPG.22663f4ad6184fe587bb7ed56aea8d67.JPG

IMG_6610.JPG.91cfa9194db04af91f1fccb591a5324e.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG.4cd09100d1ff825c803d97638cc525c5.JPG

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Check the Flightpose stands too. I'd guess I have 66% YetiStands and 33% Flightpose. The Flightpose stands are very versatile and suited for a few things better than the YetiStands. The Flightpose stuff is pretty inexpensive too. You can see how I use a combination of them in the pics below.

https://flightpose.com/collections/all

Nice collection!  I actually think I might like the Flightpose stands more for my display.  Hmm,  Glad I have 2 good options to check out.  

I’m not a fan of the Flightpose stands but they are a decent option. I find them a bit fiddly to set exactly how I want and also don’t like using them on any painted Valks because I don’t want to deal with the possibility of it rubbing off any paint. There is also the basic Arcadia flight stand that you can get KOs of for cheap. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32976160670.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32976160670&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1578amp-olx-07oKDXVLbHhOxTmfcw1594528720719&browser_id=4bcca05e0acb43e4bdff7cf04ce461ca&is_c=Y
Also not a huge fan of these because of the limited way it displays but it’s cool to have a few of them. 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I’m not a fan of the Flightpose stands but they are a decent option. I find them a bit fiddly to set exactly how I want and also don’t like using them on any painted Valks because I don’t want to deal with the possibility of it rubbing off any paint. There is also the basic Arcadia flight stand that you can get KOs of for cheap. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32976160670.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32976160670&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1578amp-olx-07oKDXVLbHhOxTmfcw1594528720719&browser_id=4bcca05e0acb43e4bdff7cf04ce461ca&is_c=Y
Also not a huge fan of these because of the limited way it displays but it’s cool to have a few of them. 

Appreciate all the helpful links.  Thanks a lot, guys!  Good point on the paint rubbing.  I tends to get hot where my display is so wonder if those soft parts will end up being tacky/sticky at some point as well.  I might try 1 of each and see how I like them.

You can also use other kinds of stands to display your valk too (in fighter mode).   

Below are adjustable Menu stands with a naming plate area.   They sell them at Daiso stores in the US,(the Japanese dollar store) for $1.50 each.:lol:

stands.jpg.fb814954a50869a832e80b5b103cbca9.jpg1489842064121.jpg.4101a492aa0b1cce569bb7bf90c6d469.thumb.jpg.3fe0ac8afb118dd39194d45a857b55ac.jpg1504964443856.thumb.jpg.74462f64ffa21ba3f61a8dd93c982af6.jpg

23 minutes ago, dragontype said:

Appreciate all the helpful links.  Thanks a lot, guys!  Good point on the paint rubbing.  I tends to get hot where my display is so wonder if those soft parts will end up being tacky/sticky at some point as well.  I might try 1 of each and see how I like them.

Yeah, see what you like and it’s good to have variety, imo. They way I’ve protected my Valks from the sticky tips is to put tape over them but then they are no longer sticky which makes them even more fiddly to deal with. 

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Something makes me believe you would get 3 1/35 roys. :rolleyes: And put one on a center throne surrounded by smaller valks. :lol:

No shortage of lineart for valk internals, so a macross ultimetal style with open hatches could work. Bandai needs to put some effort into that, seeing how they missed the boat on the 1/48 Super and strike part internals. :angry: 

Open hatched valk certainly would be a shelf presence on its own, and bandai could sell another range of hangar parts for diorama. :D

unnamed.gif.4a9fc78b07704b75ea444c222f9e1f23.gifb6f6e48ab2d0d3ffeb8c285475438370.jpg.97c2f70febd0871c3e9cc6b31314cad4.jpg

Edited by seti88

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh frak! Imagine the rage if one gear in that thing fails. :lol:

For that price, one would think there would be after sales part replacement services. :D :D

funny story, after i clicked on the link and saw optimus, i tot, say that's a steal of a price for that size and detail.
Was calculating the exchange rate, when i noticed the price was only for a pre-order booking. oh well....:lol::p

Edited by seti88

Just now, seti88 said:

For that price, one would think there would be after sales part replacement services. 

funny story, after i clicked on the link and saw optimus, i tot, say that's a steal of a price for that size and detail.
Was calculating the exchange rate, when i noticed the price was only for a pre-order booking. oh well....:lol::p

For $2400 the thing should either A) Transform at the push of a button or B) Walk around, talk and interact with its environment (cause they made a damn 24" tall Wall E a decade ago that could do that and it retailed for $250) What's even the point of all the gears?

16 minutes ago, MKT said:

Bandai has done something like the Optimus ultimetal before.. with the DX Soul of Chogokin Mazingers.

https://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=112801

Yeah having one done for the VF-1 would be a real great display piece..

I've got one. It's awesome. You really want two though. One with clothes on, and one nekkid.:D

The Ultimetal does the naked thing too. The figure is more metal though. A LOT more. I was looking for the battle damaged OP forever and couldn't find one. So I went with the standard one. And this has been my "luck" multiple times now. I found the battle damaged one about a week later. And because I'm an addict, I got the battle damaged one too. The pretty one has all the armor on. The battle damaged one is half naked. I love them both. I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the DX Mazinger.

I'd be all in one a VF-1 with the same sort of presentation.

IMG_6613.JPG.b5727e54d371e97405d733987af3a016.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG.36cf7e60c6fd1a3806c1ff4cec56a6b4.JPG

Edited by sqidd

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

@sqidd Nice displays.  You should extend the gunpod for Roy’s VF-1S in Battroid mode and put the intake covers on for Roy’s VF-1S with Strike Parts in Fighter mode.

I just noticed those this morning. I was a zombie yesterday. Thanks for the heads up!

On 7/9/2020 at 11:52 PM, lavinrac said:

Robotech is approved by this child, on Christmas morning with the only gift he really cared about and still has to this day,  who turned into me, now aged 47 and with a massive collection of macross and a reasonable collection of Mospeada:

this kid would not see DYRL in motion for another 3-4 years, or Macross  TV in Japanese for. god.. mid 90's?? Anyhow. I would not have begged my parents to take me to Smith Brothers Hobbies in Lancaster CA (outside Edwards AFB) or Fuji Oriental Market (Palmdale) Or Books Nippan (LA) if not for Robotech... I can't hate it. Now HG on the other hand.. they can **** right off the planet. 

Indeed. I blame HG for no English in Macross video games, too.  Would be pretty nice to have at least English subtitles in them.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the DX Mazinger.

There's a 4th party Great Mazinger Z that just came out. Mine's been paid for for a week now but hasn't shipped:

https://showzstore.com/4th-party-soul-of-chogokin-cr02-great-mazinger_p2315.html

The details are scarce at show Z but I'm sure someone has a review out there:

4th Party Soul of Chogokin CR02 Great Mazinger w/ LED
Material: Plastic ABS, Die-cast
Height: 38cm / 14.57"
Oversized version of the Soul of Chogokin Great Mazinger

Edited by FattyMoBookyButt

Not sure if this was discussed earlier, but wanted to ask of anyone has a PO with Nippon for the 1st batch release of strike parts and is still waiting for it to be shipped.  I preordered this thing like a year ago.  When 1st batch was released last year and I didn't get shipping notification, thought ok, guess I can wait till 2nd release.  Now 2nd release has come and gone, still no shipping notification.  Anyone in the same boat? I've opened a ticket with Nippon but no response so far.

Any info here would be appreciated.

Wanted to give you all a sneak preview of the waterslide decal sheet I'm working on and ask if it's missing anything critical, based on what we know about past and upcoming DX releases. It currently contains:

• Pilot names for the canopy: 1st LT. Hikaru Ichijo, CPTN. Hikaru Ichijo, MAJ. Roy Focker, CPTN. Maximilian Jenius. They would be printed with and without the black background so you can either "paper over" the existing name on the canopy or apply a new one after carefully removing the existing name.
  • Modex numbers for the vertical stabilizer: 001, 011, 012, 013. I put all four on there based on the decal sheet that is supposed to come with the Hayao 1A. Again, they would be printed with and without the black background.
  • Skulls for the area behind the pilot
  • Ejection seat triangles
  • Skull for the heatshield

The markings are either an exact match to what Bandai is using (skulls, modex numbers, and ejection seat triangles) or in the same style (pilot names). Some of the markings are designed to support @RedComet's custom Roy and Max 1S projects (and anyone else wanting to make those customs using the Hikaru 1S). There are duplicates of everything in case mistakes are made during application, but if you're used to working with waterslide decals, you could potentially dress up 2-4 valks with one set.

preview2.jpg

14 minutes ago, MacrossJoe said:

Not sure if this was discussed earlier, but wanted to ask of anyone has a PO with Nippon for the 1st batch release of strike parts and is still waiting for it to be shipped.  I preordered this thing like a year ago.  When 1st batch was released last year and I didn't get shipping notification, thought ok, guess I can wait till 2nd release.  Now 2nd release has come and gone, still no shipping notification.  Anyone in the same boat? I've opened a ticket with Nippon but no response so far.

Any info here would be appreciated.

A few folks chimed in here. They have a funky algorithm detailed in one of the more recent posts. 

I have orders placed for 1st and 2nd batch SSP. They switched my shipping method but nothing has shipped as of yet. 

24 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Wanted to give you all a sneak preview of the waterslide decal sheet I'm working on and ask if it's missing anything critical, based on what we know about past and upcoming DX releases. It currently contains:

• Pilot names for the canopy: 1st LT. Hikaru Ichijo, CPTN. Hikaru Ichijo, MAJ. Roy Focker, CPTN. Maximilian Jenius. They would be printed with and without the black background so you can either "paper over" the existing name on the canopy or apply a new one after carefully removing the existing name.
  • Modex numbers for the vertical stabilizer: 001, 011, 012, 013. I put all four on there based on the decal sheet that is supposed to come with the Hayao 1A. Again, they would be printed with and without the black background.
  • Skulls for the area behind the pilot
  • Ejection seat triangles
  • Skull for the heatshield

The markings are either an exact match to what Bandai is using (skulls, modex numbers, and ejection seat triangles) or in the same style (pilot names). Some of the markings are designed to support @RedComet's custom Roy and Max 1S projects (and anyone else wanting to make those customs using the Hikaru 1S). There are duplicates of everything in case mistakes are made during application, but if you're used to working with waterslide decals, you could potentially dress up 2-4 valks with one set.

preview2.jpg

I like it, I like it, I like it!