Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

There can be used products on there just like in the States or elsewhere

Ha, but i am sure they would have to state it is used. I didn't know Amazon sold used products. I hope if they item was used, it would be in the items description. Thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Ha ha whatever you gotta tell yourself to get outa bed in the morning!

Just kidding! I loved the 1/48 Yamato’s. That’s what got me into this nightmare (besides this forum). I remember I searched macross and the forum came up. It was downhill from there for my wallet lol

How dare you! I also tell this to myself at night!

15 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Quick question: Are all items sold by Amzon Japan, new? I just saw a VF-1S Hikkie for ¥ 26,727.

Maybe Roy's release caused the price to go down? Is the item new? I could not see anything in the description, but compared to current prices, that's a steal IMHO. 

29,126 yen shipped to USA is pretty good IMHO.

(yes, i did try to order it in PO day, but it was a disaster)

When you're dealing with third party sellers, items can be used. At that price, it's *probably* new. Others have noticed a downward trend in price of the Hikaru 1S on AJ since Roy's PO. I just checked the Amazon listing and it says "43 new" and "2 used" at different prices. When you click on the listings, you can filter by new or used under "Condition" on the left side of the screen. You can also quickly see which ones are fulfilled by Amazon.

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Maybe some today. Going mountain biking later. Definitely tomorrow!

Thanks brother!

2 hours of sleep and still going to go mountain biking??!  :shok: (again)  I got a good 7 hours and I ain't about that active life.  Haha.  Can't wait though to see pics!!

14 minutes ago, dragontype said:

2 hours of sleep and still going to go mountain biking??!  :shok: (again)  I got a good 7 hours and I ain't about that active life.  Haha.  Can't wait though to see pics!!

I'm taking a nap in a few.;)

11 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I haven't been mountain biking in a while. Too damn hot now in Texas. Definitely wouldn't do it on a couple hours of sleep. 

It's only going to be 90.:rofl:

9 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Who did the custom paint job? Looks like they did a good job! I'm scared to ask how much it cost.

@RedComet

I think it was pretty reasonable. About $600 a pop. But that includes the Valk.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Read em and weep! The @RedComet custom VF-1S DYRL Fockers just showed up.......and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's Xmas in July! Looks like I have a long day ahead!:good:

1713051094_Haul3.jpg.1e8d682be30d739cf6b94f1f4b737c38.jpg

Very nice!  Too bad he couldn't fix the "100" on the vertical stabilizer, I'm still pondering how I will do this on me Hikaru when I get it.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice @sqidd! How is the paint? Does it look factory fresh quality? Would you do it again knowing the official version is coming now?

I still haven't cracked one open. I needed some sleep. Just woke up. Mountain biking got pushed off till dark because of the heat (we have lights, it's super fun!). I'm going to have to wake up a bit here before I start playing with toys. I feel like a zombie.

Anyhoo, yes, I would do it again. I like having the DYRL Fockers and was going to use Yamato 1/48's as pseudo SDFM units in the display. So the SDFM DX's will work out perfectly. I secured DX's. And may as well have gotten them now opposed to a DYRL mystery release date. Who knows when that will be. We could have a meteor strike between now and then. Oh wait, I take that back. Last time I made a pandemic joke.......we had one!:shok: I may be a prophet. I think I'm going to start a religion. Who want's Kool-Aid?:rofl:

Man I'm tired. I can't believe I'm going mortician biking.....

1 hour ago, ghostryder said:

Very nice!  Too bad he couldn't fix the "100" on the vertical stabilizer, I'm still pondering how I will do this on me Hikaru when I get it.

@RedCometand I are working on a decal sheet for folks who want to fix reversed vertical stabilizer markings, add missing markings like the ejection seat triangles and the skulls behind the canopy, and enable Roy 1S and Max 1S conversions from the Hikaru 1S. We're even throwing in a Hikaru name for the canopy of the official Roy 1S.

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh wait, I take that back. Last time I made a pandemic joke.......we had one!:shok: I may be a prophet. I think I'm going to start a religion. Who want's Kool-Aid?:rofl:

Yes please. A free Valk for every convert?

20 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Dam it! I just went to mandarake and they had a vf-1j  355.00 USD. I pulled trigger cause I need one. Smh I gotta slow down 

3696615B-D00F-4674-8311-9A64048D529C.gif.71f650ae49d5ec74b1d0302b0f9e2f8a.gif

7 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

@RedCometand I are working on a decal sheet for folks who want to fix reversed vertical stabilizer markings, add missing markings like the ejection seat triangles and the skulls behind the canopy, and enable Roy 1S and Max 1S conversions from the Hikaru 1S. We're even throwing in a Hikaru name for the canopy of the official Roy 1S.

Nice! I’d be interested. 

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Great, I'll definitely grab a couple of sets!

20 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes please. A free Valk for every convert?

Hmmmm, I would have one of the largest cults ever and all I have to do is give out Valks? Seems legit.:D

Can I be the living embodyment of the the VF-1? I'm going to have to work on my flexibility.

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

Very cool! The yellow looks great and I love the properly centered skull and crossbones.

You didn't want any weathering?

Nope, which is why he is getting his before we get ours :D but don't worry, ours are that finished, just awaiting weathering!

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Read em and weep! The @RedComet custom VF-1S DYRL Fockers just showed up.......and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's Xmas in July! Looks like I have a long day ahead!:good:

1713051094_Haul3.jpg.1e8d682be30d739cf6b94f1f4b737c38.jpg

wow , the custom official clean look is not bad. :wub:.   

38 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

You didn't want any weathering?

I have the OCD thing about balance. If I got them weathered then I would want all of my Valks weathered. And that is NOT going to happen. I really, really, really like the VF-0D PF's. But they do poke me a bit on display because they're weathered and nothing around them is. Also, the VF-1, especially the Skull One holds a ton of nostalgia for me. The clean cartoon look hits that spot better.

Yeah, I'm a little weird.:crazy:

35 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I have the OCD thing about balance. If I got them weathered then I would want all of my Valks weathered. And that is NOT going to happen. I really, really, really like the VF-0D PF's. But they do poke me a bit on display because they're weathered and nothing around them is. Also, the VF-1, especially the Skull One holds a ton of nostalgia for me. The clean cartoon look hits that spot better.

Yeah, I'm a little weird.:crazy:

Nah, that's not weird at all. I have similar OCD about collection displays. I wish all of my Valkyries were weathered but that would be a nearly impossible task.

Thats one of the great things about this hobby - there's no right or wrong way to do it!