Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Hey, I associate it how it was presented to me, in Robotech form. I"m in the pit, everyone come in the water is warm! =)

It's odd because I refer to Stig vs Scott and Yellow vs Lance in Mospeada. Odd.

Edited by RED WOLF

43 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Damn I’m so tempted! But I’m hopeful we’d get a strike combo set just like the old school 1/55. Hate having to buy it then hunt for the strike set n missile set. 

28 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

Damn I’m so tempted! But I’m hopeful we’d get a strike combo set just like the old school 1/55. Hate having to buy it then hunt for the strike set n missile set. 

I actually bit the bullet and ordered this earlier in the week. Should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

We should be tossing @RED WOLF in to the pit of Sharkicons!

HOW DARE YOU USE HG'S BASTERED-SIZED VERSION OF THE SERIES!! :diablo:

Edit: Added pic to post.

450px-TFLegendsApp-Sharkticons.jpg

:rofl:

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

Hey, I associate it how it was presented to me, in Robotech form. I"m in the pit, everyone come in the water is warm! =)

I mean you are on a Macross thread and not a Robotech one. 

But everyone here is pretty cool about it unlike some of the other forums on the interwebs. I like both personally but to each their own.

51 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Wait.... I love rick hunter and Robotech! I never seen the others yet lol

For the love of all that is sacred, please watch Macross legit style. You can find SDFM on Amazon Prime with English subs. Or better yet, since you’ve watched the Macross Saga on Robotech, go to YouTube and watch Do You Remember Love? 

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Isnt there cheaper options for this, I see plenty on FJ for around 25k

If it wasnt for robotech I never would've discovered DYRL, Plus, Mospeada and everything afterwards.  Can you imagine a life without the 1/60 YF-21?  Robotech is fine, its HG that needs to go to hell...

Edited by myk

2 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I dunno. it's $288 shipped to my door. I'm not sure how much it would cost with shipping from FJ. It needs to go away already as I'm way over budget on toys this month.

27 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

The Amazon.jp would be the cheapest because FJ are either stores or yahoo auctions. , so you will add in proxy fee, possible domestic shipping  to FJ, and then the INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (which is pretty high right now. est to be around at least 6500 yen ..   So even if there is no fee, the total cost would still be more at anywhere other than Amazon's 2399 DHL Shipping.    Also amazon will take away the 10% tax too so the price would be cheaper once you add to cart and try to ship it outside of japan.  below is a example .. price is similar.   If you pay in Yen  it's 29490, which is around $275 shipped.

amzjp.jpg.8a5cb0e5e9798a342b0d56feabcbf1f6.jpg

11 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Is that DHL? Or 6 week slow boat shipping?

Amazon used DHL. so it's 2-3days.

Edited by F360

38 minutes ago, borgified said:

Either way is fine with me as well @RED WOLF. ;)

There are still purists around that if you cross character names, you're going to get speared and burned at the stake as a heretic.

Ya, I hear you. When you get to the route of this issue that/those individual(s) have the problem and not I/us. When you dig even further there are even deeper routed issues within those person(s) that stem from childhood they never dealt with. Probably some form of control issue. Human beings act out of two basic emotions, FEAR and LOVE. When I see I have gone against the grain with someone I recgonize that they aren't where they need to be, yet. 

To me it is all LOVE. I welcome all the comments. There are no positive and negative comments. Its all about perspective and how you process information. 

Great to hear from you! =)

Edited by RED WOLF

53 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Ya, I hear you. When you get to the route of this issue that/those individual(s) have the problem and not I/us. When you dig even further there are even deeper routed issues within those person(s) that stem from childhood they never dealt with. Probably some form of control issue. Human beings act out of two basic emotions, FEAR and LOVE. When I see I have gone against the grain with someone I recgonize that they aren't where they need to be, yet. 

To me it is all LOVE. I welcome all the comments. There are no positive and negative comments. Its all about perspective and how you process information. 

Haha, that’s what’s up!:good:

The emotion i get from this PO attempt so far is, actually i wanted to say frustration, but after going through so many PO's, i realised its more of boredom.

Waiting to see if it turns to jubilation.:D

A lot of us wouldn't have found the good stuff without the US version. But that being said, RT is missing a lot of the emotion with the VA's that the original version of SDFM has, not too mention the english VA's really add some cringe to scenes that didn't make sense.

Actually I'm lying, I found out about SDFM because I had a Jetfire as a kid, and when I went to look it up... I found a new drug.

Sadly I can't just say i will call it quits with the DX line after Kakizaki, I'll need the DYRL team, and HOPEFULLY, a VE and a D they hopefully make.

2 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I bit the bullet and ordered one too. My wife's gonna kill me.

you should also get something for your Wife. :lol:.  Since you can't go out to eat, you can get one of those Dinner kits and cook a nice dinner for her.    ^_^

6 minutes ago, skullmilitia said:

A lot of us wouldn't have found the good stuff without the US version. But that being said, RT is missing a lot of the emotion with the VA's that the original version of SDFM has, not too mention the english VA's really add some cringe to scenes that didn't make sense.

Actually I'm lying, I found out about SDFM because I had a Jetfire as a kid, and when I went to look it up... I found a new drug.

Sadly I can't just say i will call it quits with the DX line after Kakizaki, I'll need the DYRL team, and HOPEFULLY, a VE and a D they hopefully make.

That is true @skullmilitia.

If it wasn't for the US version and Transformers, I wouldn't have found Macross and the offshoots of the franchise.

Right now I'm waiting for the pre-orders for either the DX DYRL 1s Roy/Max and the upcoming YF-21. If Milia's 1J and the VF-11 gets made, I'll decide then. 

31 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The emotion i get from this PO attempt so far is, actually i wanted to say frustration, but after going through so many PO's, i realised its more of boredom.

Waiting to see if it turns to jubilation.:D

I'm thinking for me it's a bit of both, especially with COVID. The hunt is always  thrilling as well. Once we have it, onto the next.  Since my collection has grown significantly (for me) I often wonder what I'm chasing or searching for.

I know this is going to sound "old mannish" but has anyone else at one point stood back and said......WTF......$300 for a "coveted statuette".......ummm....toy. :wacko: 

I've been a fan of this stuff since 1984 but holy toledo......my 1984 side is looking at this and saying.......ohhhh heeeeeeell no.....you'll never have one of those in your lifetime.....and here I am, one orders.:lol:   Don't get me wrong I appreciate the stuff that goes into making this stuff but to pay basically twice the price.......seems to be normalized these days. I mean geeez......I don't see any of this stuff at MSRP any more. :unknw:

31 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

I know this is going to sound "old mannish" but has anyone else at one point stood back and said......WTF......$300 for a "coveted statuette".......ummm....toy. :wacko: 

I've been a fan of this stuff since 1984 but holy toledo......my 1984 side is looking at this and saying.......ohhhh heeeeeeell no.....you'll never have one of those in your lifetime.....and here I am, one orders.:lol:   Don't get me wrong I appreciate the stuff that goes into making this stuff but to pay basically twice the price.......seems to be normalized these days. I mean geeez......I don't see any of this stuff at MSRP any more. :unknw:

Haha yeah. I won’t pay markups for this stuff but just a few years ago, $100 for a single figure was a major decision and usually out of the question. Now, I buy $200-$400 figures regularly like they are candy. I buy $100 basic action figures at a blink of an eye like it’s nothing. Only thing I can say is I’m glad I make more money now and the figures have improved to a point where I feel they are worth it. I mean, all this stuff is still way overpriced imo but if a basic, low quality figure I can find at a department store costs $30 these days, I sure as hell would rather pay 2-3 times that to get an extremely high quality figure that has detail, articulation and quality feel that was unheard of ever before. At that point, paying $200-$300 for a big, high end, engineered, transforming Mecha seems like a no brainer. 

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

That's why I mostly gave up toy collecting.  As I get older I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a piece of inanimate plastic/metal/resin or whatever, no matter what it transforms into or how much clothing you can remove off of the figure, but I WILL make an exception for Roy's 1S and come out of retirement  for him, no question...

2 hours ago, borgified said:

That is true @skullmilitia.

If it wasn't for the US version and Transformers, I wouldn't have found Macross and the offshoots of the franchise.

Right now I'm waiting for the pre-orders for either the DX DYRL 1s Roy/Max and the upcoming YF-21. If Milia's 1J and the VF-11 gets made, I'll decide then. 

Robotech is approved by this child, on Christmas morning with the only gift he really cared about and still has to this day,  who turned into me, now aged 47 and with a massive collection of macross and a reasonable collection of Mospeada:

this kid would not see DYRL in motion for another 3-4 years, or Macross  TV in Japanese for. god.. mid 90's?? Anyhow. I would not have begged my parents to take me to Smith Brothers Hobbies in Lancaster CA (outside Edwards AFB) or Fuji Oriental Market (Palmdale) Or Books Nippan (LA) if not for Robotech... I can't hate it. Now HG on the other hand.. they can **** right off the planet. 

jeff-macrossxmas.jpg

Edited by lavinrac
Edited for 3am typos

3 minutes ago, myk said:

That's why I mostly gave up toy collecting.  As I get older I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a piece of inanimate plastic/metal/resin or whatever, no matter what it transforms into or how much clothing you can remove off of the figure, but I WILL make an exception for Roy's 1S and come out of retirement  for him, no question...

Constantly questioning. I won't pay $300 in 2020 for a single Valk. Both for OMG $300 for a valk and to not feed the scalpers. I guess i have $300 tied up in a Valk and Armor Just at MSRP tho.  DX 1/48 line seems to be worth i.t. Still. im my last post. that 1/55 with armor. in.. musta been 1985? Was $40. Still in great shape but a bit yellow. 

To get back on track as a derailed a bit there. I just got my reply from N-Y and they are ready to change my shipping for a $50 box of Plastic Missiles (just missiles!)  I can have them sent by Ferry, or I can pay $40 more for UPS.. for plastic missiles (Overpriced by bandai, overpriced shipping by Covid/UPS)  

*** What are you guys picking? Is Ferry trackable and just slow as heck? If its not trackable I'd probably pay for UPS. I don't have to have them NOW. but no tracking means i might never see them at all (im my experience) I trust the USPS about.. well none. 

so as much as I love the DXs I feel the Yamato 1/48 had a nice wing design element. What do I mean? The old Yamato has a slightly ratcheted wing, as you move it it sort of clips into place at certain positions. The DX is loose and makes me wonder how loose would the wing get over time. 

The other thing is, does Max have a big laser or what? Hahaha I was checking the landing gear and realised you have to move the laser to open the bay door, would it be like that if it was a real fighter? Lol

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

image.png.1bc644bd8419ad33a34d0acef677ce15.png

I bit the bullet and ordered one too. My wife's gonna kill me.

Very little English there and it's too late at 3am to translate. Can you get a new Hikaru Valk monthly with a Dash button? Thats a pretty nice deal!

lol Guess nin nin has used all the money we gave them somewhere else already.  they agreed to refund me but currently is under 

Adjudication reason

The seller agrees to give a refund in your open claim, which they call the adjudication reason. This says that the seller agrees to provide a refund. Yet, for some reason, paypal cannot grab the refund from the seller. In many instances, the sellers bank account or card does not have enough money to provide a FULL refund. Paypal does not accept partial refunds, only the entire thing. This is what gets the awaiting for seller to respond. The seller would respond with something along the lines of Hi paypal i have enough money to refund the buyer, so take it out of my account now. If the seller does not respond in a certain amount of time, usually a week, then paypal refunds your money themselves. Then, they go to the sellers bank account or card, and reimburses themselves from the seller, regardless of funds. Then you get your refund.

really ? no money in their account? where is all the money from the inflation of the pre-orders lol

21 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Robotech is approved by this child, on Christmas morning with the only gift he really cared about and still has to this day,  who turned into me, now aged 47 and with a massive collection of macross and a reasonable collection of Mospeada:

this kid would not see DYRL in motion for another 3-4 years, or Macross  TV in Japanese for. god.. mid 90's?? Anyhow. I would not have begged my parents to take me to Smith Brothers Hobbies in Lancaster CA (outside Edwards AFB) or Fuji Oriental Market (Palmdale) Or Books Nippan (LA) if not for Robotech... I can't hate it. Now HG on the other hand.. they can **** right off the planet. 

jeff-macrossxmas.jpg

Holy crap man that’s quite a gift for a kid of the 80s! The closest thing to a Valkyrie that I came across back then was the knock offs found at flea market. 

Do you remember what year your parents got you this strike valk set?