Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

...aaaand it's gone. Dang, it definitely wasn't up a few hours ago. I would risk an unknown site for 26,000 yen if they take PayPal. Oh well

Dang I would have purchased one too :/

3 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

wow...  available again at 325.45 usd before shipping.  wonder if anyone it taking at this price.  seems maybe not since it's staying open for longer periods of time

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-bandai-dx-chogokin/37995-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

I'd rather pay a little extra from NY knowing they will come through. I've never had any issues with them with numerous orders/preorders. Plus they have cancelled a couple of items in the past without cancelling my account, which is unheard of.

I'm just going to wait for release week now, as people have stated it was easy enough to pick up a 1S Hikaru last year after scalpers dropped their $0 commitment POs after no bites.

Have to resist temptation of paying more out of fear.

30 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I haven't gotten that e-mail from NY (or any response whatsoever to my open tickets). I'm 100% certain they're using the COVID shipping difficulties as a cover for the fact that they don't have enough stock to fill all of their orders.

They seem to be finally moving (baby steps).  I received a shipping upcharge payment request an hour ago after submitting the ticket with the magic words in the title.  It's now an agonizing wait to receive the shipping notification, and another wait to get the item in hand.

4 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I'm just going to wait for release week now, as people have stated it was easy enough to pick up a 1S Hikaru last year after scalpers dropped their $0 commitment POs after no bites.

Have to resist temptation of paying more out of fear.

I'm doing the same. Thought about just going with NY and not worrying about it (I did that with Max last year), but this time I'll just wait. 

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Right.  So joking aside, I think they just wanted everyone with the same issue to send them a ticket with the EXACT title they gave us, so they can run a filter off the tickets they have received and deal with us all at some point?  At least I am hoping that would be the first step in the right direction.

I took your info and posted it in this thread:

It actually worked for me. Thanks

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I took your info and posted it in this thread:

It actually worked for me. Thanks

Thank you - it's good that they are finally taking notice of what we have been saying for a while.  I hope we will both get ours soon!

On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, Alan Molina said:

oh dear!! mykombini reviews arent that great either!! whats going on with the shops this days !! sucks that we cant just buy this in amazon lol 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/mykombini.com

I bought a lot of Macross valkyries from them before they permbanned me and told me to never shop there again over one valk that had two of the same part in the box that they were too stupid to figure out after I told them numerous times.  I shipped it back to Japan twice.  Stupid people at that shop. Avoid.

2 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

I'd rather pay a little extra from NY knowing they will come through. I've never had any issues with them with numerous orders/preorders. Plus they have cancelled a couple of items in the past without cancelling my account, which is unheard of.

yeesh... never ordered from nin nin before.  i have gone through ny.  makin' me nervous.  i got mine at 225 with nin nin...  maybe i need to make some drastic insurance plans

24 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

yeesh... never ordered from nin nin before.  i have gone through ny.  makin' me nervous.  i got mine at 225 with nin nin...  maybe i need to make some drastic insurance plans

dang 225 not bad at all.   Well I ordered 2 missile sets from them and they delivered at least, after I inquired about it not sure if that has anything to do with the shipment or not though.  Pretty good experience with them at any rate.

6 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

wow...  available again at 325.45 usd before shipping.  wonder if anyone it taking at this price.  seems maybe not since it's staying open for longer periods of time

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-bandai-dx-chogokin/37995-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

They have to cancel enough of the MSRP orders to scalp them to the late comers, first...

A Malaysian toy store is apparently still taking preorders for VF-1S RF at not much higher than retail price (around $211 USD):

They themselves express doubt about fulfilling their orders, so it sounds more like an expression of interest than a solid PO.

But no deposit is required, so there's nothing to lose I suppose for anyone who's still searching.

And after the debacle regarding my previous post, I must clarify that this is not my shop, I have nothing to do with them, nor have I ever bought anything from them. Just sharing what I stumbled on in the off chance it helps someone.

11 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Right.  So joking aside, I think they just wanted everyone with the same issue to send them a ticket with the EXACT title they gave us, so they can run a filter off the tickets they have received and deal with us all at some point?  At least I am hoping that would be the first step in the right direction.

Sounds like they have a ton of tickets they aren't going to get to soon so they are trying to focus on the EMS to UPS switchoffs only. So if you have a non-mailing ticket, good luck!

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

Sounds like they have a ton of tickets they aren't going to get to soon so they are trying to focus on the EMS to UPS switchoffs only. So if you have a non-mailing ticket, good luck!

An update: within two days of posting on here, NY reached out to me and quite a few others in the same situation about the 0D, asked us to submit another ticket titled "Change Shipping Method", I got a payment request for the UPS upcharge the next day, paid immediately, and I woke up this morning and received a "shipped" notification with UPS tracking number.

I hope this works out for everyone else who's in the same boat.

5 hours ago, Octopus Prime said:

A Malaysian toy store is apparently still taking preorders for VF-1S RF at not much higher than retail price (around $211 USD):

They themselves express doubt about fulfilling their orders, so it sounds more like an expression of interest than a solid PO.

But no deposit is required, so there's nothing to lose I suppose for anyone who's still searching.

And after the debacle regarding my previous post, I must clarify that this is not my shop, I have nothing to do with them, nor have I ever bought anything from them. Just sharing what I stumbled on in the off chance it helps someone.

Thanks for sharing.

I like their attitude of taking no deposit. I am not sure if they will honor their price when the street price is much higher than that when they get some stock to sell. Sounds risky, but like you said they demand on deposit, so no harm trying.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:48 PM, bleecher said:

Seems with all the variants we have another 2-3 years or so of SDFM and DYRL releases coming. Other than the YF-21 that should be coming as well, I wonder where Bandai will go with the Macross line from here. New TV series? Somehow acquiring the Macross Zero license? ^_^

I'm pretty sure that they will also release Millia's valkyrie at the very least. 

The real question is will they ever release any DX Zentradi mecha?

If they do, my collection upgrades. If they dont, I save a lot of money. :)

25 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

NY is now sold out. Do we think they just pulled it down because it wasn't selling or sold a few at that price and will put up again at 40,000Y+?

My guess is they’ve now sold out. I had been wavering on buying one from them, but I waited too long with all my doubts with NY.  I should’ve secured one as an alternate.  I really don’t want to miss out on a TV version of Roy. Only one I have is the Bandai 1/55 version from over 15 years ago.  (Did Yamato even release a 1/48 TV version?  I only have their 1/48 DYRL Roy.)  I’m thinking this one is going to be the most in demand out of all the Macross DXs. 

7 minutes ago, Jade20X said:

My guess is they’ve now sold out. I had been wavering on buying one from them, but I waited too long with all my doubts with NY.  I should’ve secured one as an alternate.  I really don’t want to miss out on a TV version of Roy. Only one I have is the Bandai 1/55 version from over 15 years ago.  (Did Yamato even release a 1/48 TV version?  I only have their 1/48 DYRL Roy.)  I’m thinking this one is going to be the most in demand out of all the Macross DXs. 

Yammie has issued a DRYL Hikaru 1s with the Flaming Box.

Pic from Jenius' blog and from Toyark for the VF-1s Hikaru itself

The review itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzSW4Kt9bUM&feature=emb_title

Yamato-148-VF1-1-4K-1.jpg

Yamato-148-VF-1S-HIkaru-Custom-03_1267832872.jpg

1 hour ago, Jade20X said:

You wont miss out.  They will be all over ebay after release day.  Dont give in to PO hype and panic like some of us did; the sky definitely is not falling...

I been through enough Bandai DX order cycles to know that there's no point in paying inflated prices for a preorder of a regular release item.

Whenever these are close to release there's always a glut of preorders opening up as final stock numbers are determined and then all the cancellations go thru as people don't pay.

Even then, I doubt you'll see the immediate aftermarket hit $350 right away after release.

Edited by Duymon

Yup, NY got me with Max 1A last year. I learned my lesson. I'd rather wait until release day and look for one. I know it wont be $190, but I'm banking on finding one around $250-$300. Which is fine by me. Then only TV Kakizaki and I can close this chapter. Unless they do some of Rick's other vehicles (not the VF1-S; originally piloted by Roy).

Edited by RED WOLF

6 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Yup, NY got me with Max 1A last year. I learned my lesson. I'd rather wait until release day and look for one. I know it wont be $190, but I'm banking on finding one around $250-$300. Which is fine by me. Then only TV Kakizaki and I can close this chapter. Unless they do some of Rick's other vehicles (not the VF1-S; originally piloted by Roy).

Rick who? :blink:

:pardon:

50 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

43 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Rick who? :blink:

:pardon:

We should be tossing @RED WOLF in to the pit of Sharkicons!

HOW DARE YOU USE HG'S BASTERED-SIZED VERSION OF THE SERIES!! :diablo:

Edit: Added pic to post.

450px-TFLegendsApp-Sharkticons.jpg

Edited by borgified