Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Didn't get a PO in for Roy's VF-1S at retail as well, despite brute force vigorous F5-ing and camping at all the usual sites. It has worked for me every time over the past few years, and now finally failed at it. It is these times I just gotta take my mind back to the days when we were schooled on how to lose graciously lol..

Can't really speak for others, but after calming down, I am not so affected anymore having failed to PO this and a large part is likely due to already having in hand the prior VF-1s in this line to satiate expectations. So will just wait and see nearer to release to pick up a copy on secondary market at reasonable resale price. In hindsight, it is good that Bandai didn't start this line with Roy's. The level of PO panic buying from scalpers may likely be much more than what it is now, and push the price up even further to astronomical levels..

Hobby-Genki still has the TV Super parts set available, though I've never heard of them before so I can't say either way:

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html

Heck, they still have DX Kakizaki available for PO, which I haven't seen available anywhere else this late in the game: 

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/212-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use.html

Has anyone here ordered from them before?  Online reviews are no worse (or better) than Nin-Nin but that's not saying much.

Edited by dafob

1 hour ago, Milk Krispy said:

After seeing the availability on FJ for all the other variants, I firmly believe we'll all be able to get a Roy when released. I only wish I knew about FJ sooner, cause 10 day handling times are spooky and scalpers scalp.

What’s FJ?

Chris

53 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

any one knows how long a refund takes to be credited back to your paypal?  Nin nin updated their site with order refunded but still nothing in my paypal and they are not replying to me anymore

3-5 business days

It's really no worry. the reason we see a big amount of stock drop around release time is the orders of all the pre-order scalpers who couldn't flip their $0 Down payment preorder will just let the preorder goto cancel. It's actually easier sometimes to nab one closer to release, because you actually have to have the scratch to backup your order 

Edited by Duymon

6 hours ago, Milk Krispy said:

After seeing the availability on FJ for all the other variants, I firmly believe we'll all be able to get a Roy when released. I only wish I knew about FJ sooner, cause 10 day handling times are spooky and scalpers scalp.

What do the 10 day handling times and scalpers mean?

Edited by seti88

5 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

One question, I noticed the Roy DX has a stand included or at least it was pictured that way in a few places. Does any of the previous DX kits have that?

All of them have stands, but only the original "limited" Hikaru 1J and this Roy 1S have "special" stands.

EDIT: From @jenius's site, here is the 1J with the special stand:

Bandai DX VF-1J Hikaru Launch Version Review (start at 0:57 if at ...

Here is the Hikaru 1S with the standard stand:

Bandai DX VF-1 Toys – Scorched Earth Toys

Edited by vladykins

I ordered the TV fast packs from AE (anime export) at basically $100 - I already have a few pre-orders with them from back in the spring (spida man), are these guys good to shop from?  I had not used them before this - all this talk of shaddy websites has me a bit concerned. 

1 minute ago, Mechinyun said:

I ordered the TV fast packs from AE (anime export) at basically $100 - I already have a few pre-orders with them from back in the spring (spida man), are these guys good to shop from?  I had not used them before this - all this talk of shaddy websites has me a bit concerned. 

I think they’re fine and delivered for me but you’re in the States so if EMS stays suspended here you’ll be waiting until it resumes before you get your packages from them.

Gonna be a very long wait with the way things are going in the USA regarding its coronavirus response, or lack thereof. :p (I live in Texas and I would love nothing more than to see our useless POS governor and lt governor get COVID, but that's for another forum.)

Also, I had heard from one or two peeps on here that they had kept things in AE's PW system for a long time (like over a year) and when they finally requested shipping, AE had lost the items in question. If anyone has more info or experience on this, we'd like to hear from you. But it's something to keep in mind if there's going to be a long delay before Japan Post resumes services to the USA.

I’ve had items held over a year at AE on a couple occasions and when it came time to deliver, they still had my items and delivered them in excellent condition. That’s the best thing about AE to me is their indefinite Private Warehouse. 

Edited by Slave IV

I've used AE plenty and have had zero issues but I don't want to discount the peeps that have had problems. Although I haven't used them recently because they've been jacking up the price of web exclusives and am glad I didn't have anything in their warehouse when Japan Post suspended service.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I’ve had items held over a year at AE on a couple occasions and when it came time to deliver, they still had my items and delivered them in excellent condition. That’s the best thing about AE to me is their indefinite Private Warehouse. 

Longest I had stuff in their warehouse was over a year apart. Although it seemed fine, I didn’t want to push my luck letting in sit in their warehouse too long. You never know what might happen .

but yeah AE hasn’t let me down past decade been using them..

Edited by seti88

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Longest I had stuff in their warehouse was over a year apart. Although it seemed fine, I didn’t want to push my luck letting in sit in their warehouse too long. You never know what might happen .

but yeah AE hasn’t let me down past decade been using them..

It's just a human quirk to think that bad things only happen to other people. "I haven't had any issues so therefore no issues exist."

Even HLJ has lost an item I had paid for and stored in PW... and that's only 60 days.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's just a human quirk to think that bad things only happen to other people. "I haven't had any issues so therefore no issues exist."

Even HLJ has lost an item I had paid for and stored in PW... and that's only 60 days.

Gee hope that wasn’t a hard to get item in HLJ’s Pw. That would be just a horrible feeling.

i do wonder how AE can store things, what seems indefinitely. There must a holding cost to it. Even if it’s their own place, the cost is the lost opportunity to rent/use the warehouse for other activities.

Edited by seti88

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

There are definitely a lot of scenarios that could play out. I don’t remember for sure since I got my 1J preordered but I could swear I saw those were going for $300+ right off the bat after release. 

I picked up my 1J two days after release for $257.82 shipped from rakutan through From Japan.  The price didn't take long to skyrocket on that one, but it was available, and Roy's 1S will be too.

Edited by levzloi

19 hours ago, vladykins said:

Looks great! Can't wait until The Jungle ships my low-vis 1A.

The grey (standard) or Woodlands? I seem to remember they had a great deal on a standard recently.

10 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Gee hope that wasn’t a hard to get item in HLJ’s Pw. That would be just a horrible feeling.

i do wonder how AE can store things, what seems indefinitely. There must a holding cost to it. Even if it’s their own place, the cost is the lost opportunity to rent/use the warehouse for other activities.

Luckily it was something that was easy to find elsewhere. I would've lost my sh** if it was something like a DX valk.

Let's not forget good old human incompetence, which is probably the reason for any item disappearance from warehouse. Or maybe an employee pilfered it. :unknw:

@SUPERULTRAROBORIDER Cool pics!

37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Also, I had heard from one or two peeps on here that they had kept things in AE's PW system for a long time (like over a year) and when they finally requested shipping, AE had lost the items in question. If anyone has more info or experience on this, we'd like to hear from you. But it's something to keep in mind if there's going to be a long delay before Japan Post resumes services to the USA.

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I've used AE plenty and have had zero issues but I don't want to discount the peeps that have had problems. Although I haven't used them recently because they've been jacking up the price of web exclusives and am glad I didn't have anything in their warehouse when Japan Post suspended service.

Yeah @Lolicon you asked more people to share their experiences and that's all that's happening.  Anytime we discuss these shops, I definitely am not discounting anyone else's problems with any shop, I'm just sharing my experience. I have never had a problem with AE but I still use them as a last resort mainly because their prices are typically higher and they require up front payment for all orders instead of just TWE. 

3 minutes ago, levzloi said:

I picked up my 1J two days after release for $250 shipped from rakutan through From Japan.  The price didn't take long to skyrocket on that one, but it was available, and Roy's 1S will be too.

Nice find! Yeah, I'm sure there are deals to be found if you know where to look and then keep looking at all the places. It's a long ordeal from Preorder day all the way to release time to be constantly searching all these avenues though. If I had to, I'd certainly do it to try to find a deal.

The point is still that there are a lot of different people in the world with different income and spending ability levels so we can search for deals and never pay a markup but that's still not going to stop people who have the income and are willing to spend more to get what they want without the effort involved in Preorder madness or searching. All the Valks I see being sold at high prices even when lower priced ones are available out there is clear proof of this.