Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I got a VF-1S TV version and overcame COVID-19.  I feel like a badass.

Congrats on your recovery, @Ridden001.

The TV Supers are out now for Roy's DX. They're still available at some shops too (pricing varies):

there may be more...

Edited by technoblue

10 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

On another note, I wonder when they are going to release those TV style super parts they showed off earlier in this thread.  It had the correct arm armors, etc.  It was one of the photos that had the DX Vf-1J in front of a grey grid wire with the TV Supers and other options around it.

Huh?

Are you not paying attention to this thread? It's currently open for PO and is slated to be released this December.

1 minute ago, crackpot said:

Huh?

Are you not paying attention to this thread? It's currently open for PO and is slated to be released this December.

LoL! In Ridden's very next post he notes he just recovered from being severely ill. Are you paying attention to this thread?

10 minutes ago, technoblue said:

LoL! In Ridden's very next post he notes he just recovered from being severely ill. Are you paying attention to this thread?

What? Right at that moment? He got the TV VF-1S so clearly, he's been ok. Are YOU paying attention to this thread?

1 minute ago, crackpot said:

What? Right at that moment? He got the TV VF-1S so clearly, he's been ok. Are YOU paying attention to this thread?

It's called reading comprehension and empathy, my friend. He said he got an order in on Roy's 1S (probably today) and overcame COVID. Who knows if that was today, this weekend, or whenever. Maybe you could ask him if you really care?

I have been seriously ill myself, and understand what it's like to miss out on current events and to be out of touch. Just chill.

Sucks that I couldn't get a PO for Roy VF-1S.  I'm still looking at CDJapan, AmiAmi and HJL daily in hope to find a cancellation.  I'm now here more often hoping to find info to get one.  I'm holding out on the price jump hoping to find something in the $200 price range. 

Edited by sharpnel

4 minutes ago, technoblue said:

It's called reading comprehension and empathy, my friend. He said he got an order in on Roy's 1S (probably today) and overcame COVID. Who knows if that was today, this weekend, or whenever. Maybe you could ask him if you really care?

I have been seriously ill myself, and understand what it's like to miss out on current events and to be out of touch. Just chill.

Was just rubbing it in sarcastically. 

As far as reading comprehension, he said overcame. Nothing implied beyond that. You assumed. The fast packs have been a topic for the the last few pages. It's just due diligence to read through the previous pages to update one's self.

Not to further detract, fast packs are still available through some sellers but shipping might be questionable from them. At this point, I'd consider CDJapan's proxy service as they're reliable with getting things shipped to the buyer. 

9 minutes ago, sharpnel said:

Sucks that I couldn't get a PO for Roy VF-1S.  I'm still looking at CDJapan, AmiAmi and HJL daily in hope to find a cancellation.  I'm now here more often hoping to find info to get one.  I'm holding out on the price jump hoping to find something in the $200 price range. 

Good luck with getting one at around $200.

It will not be easy.

Hope you will find one on release day. Just note that if you hold out too long on that day, you might miss the boat and will be face with over $275 for one in a few days.

Roy is popular, so it all depends on how much extra stock the shop get on release day.

I could see there being another PO madness style window on release date to grab some extras at MSRP from the more reputable shops... but it's going to be blink or you miss it territory. After that a bunch will end up on auction sites and we'll have to see where the going price ends up. 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

After the 31a fiasco, I simply got tired of the delays and lack of communication.

The final straw for me was last year's Super/Strike Parts shenanigans. Luckily, I didn't have to do anything drastic since I only had the SSPs and few October pre-orders left to ship. Once that stuff was sent out, I stopped browsing the store. If N-Y does show service improvements and more members speak up about it here, I can always go back. For the moment, though, I'm not really interested.:unknw:

That's fair.

54 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Same happened to me. I had a 31A on preorder and they cancelled it and relisted it at double :angry: They refunded me and told me to order again from the "newly" secured stock. Worst shopping experience ever.

I only go with reputable stores. For this preorder I went with AmiAmi, started F5 at 3:58AM and by 4:34am had my Roy 1S preorder confirmed!!!

Nice! I was really hoping that Bandai would up the quantities produced, but so much for that.

54 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I got a VF-1S TV version and overcame COVID-19.  I feel like a badass.

Pretty sure either of those on their own qualifies a person as being a badass, but combined, for sure.

-b.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Man..... I put that in my cart and almost pulled the trigger but $350 USD is pretty steep and I just bought the YF-19 set because I thought I missed out on Roy. Still one left I think.

Edited by Paco Grande

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

MyKombini can kick rocks. I full paid for two VF-31A's back in the day, they cancelled both of them and then immediately relisted them at a higher price on the DAY of release.

I haven't done business with them since, nor will I.

-b.

This.

Coming out the gate with a higher price is a more respectable move than that but I won’t use them anymore.

4 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Man..... I put that in my cart and almost pulled the trigger but $350 USD is pretty steep and I just bought the YF-19 set because I thought I missed out on Roy. Still one left I think.

Oh wow, only 1 left at $350 USD :shok:

Panic buying is how these shops can justify jacking the price.

I'm sure there's some study that looks at the psychological component that makes us want to buy things, even when gouged by the price, that are perceived as rare.

I've absolutely done the whole "buy of shame" at places like N-Y when I didn't secure the preorder I want, but I'm practicing more patience in my old age. The 25S renewal re-release comes to mind, I didn't get a preorder or one at release, and I flat out refused to pay a marked up price. I never did end up with a copy (full disclosure, I DO however have an initial run renewal 25S).

But as long as we keep dropping close to double the MSRP less than a week after the initial pre-order, then stores will keep listing them as such.

-b.

^Well said. 

The fear of missing out can get real at times, but as I get older I also notice that a little patience will save me money in the end. And if I can't get a figure for whatever reason, it isn't the end of the world either. There are more important things to hold dear. And if the hunt for what's coming next is becoming obsessive, then sometimes it's just healthier for me to step away for a bit.

Yeah, I don't pay markups or any more than I ever have to for these things. If I miss out then I miss out but if it's something I want, I try to get it one way or another without paying the crazy markups. It's good to have friends and be part of a community that helps each other out.

But these items are rare and not meant for any market outside of Japan so I see no reason why any capitalistic operation would not capitalize on the situation or any reason to question those that do. The only practice I can't support is going back on words and flat out lying like when some shops (Mykombini & Nin-Nin) say they are out of stock on a lower priced order and then immediately relist the same item at a higher price.

15 minutes ago, technoblue said:

^Well said. 

The fear of missing out can get real at times, but as I get older I also notice that a little patience will save me money in the end. And if I can't get a figure for whatever reason, it isn't the end of the world either. There are more important things to hold dear. And if the hunt for what's coming next is becoming obsessive, then sometimes it's just healthier for me to step away for a bit.

Thank you kindly.

Yes, FOMO is a real thing. And you're absolutely correct about collecting or "wanting" a thing to a point where it's no longer healthy. 

I love the hunt for a toy, I really do, but if it's causing me more grief than anything else then I've started practicing the art of stepping away.

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I don't pay markups or any more than I ever have to for these things. If I miss out then I miss out but if it's something I want, I try to get it one way or another without paying the crazy markups. It's good to have friends and be part of a community that helps each other out.

But these items are rare and not meant for any market outside of Japan so I see no reason why any capitalistic operation would not capitalize on the situation or any reason to question those that do. The only practice I can't support is going back on words and flat out lying like when some shops (Mykombini & Nin-Nin) say they are out of stock on a lower priced order and then immediately relist the same item at a higher price.

Yeah, there's a fine line with practicing supply and demand, and I don't begrudge any shop or person from being able to turn a profit. But we can tell when it's flat out scalping and pricing things based on actual scarcity. And I don't know how anyone can really know how scarce the TV Roy 1S will be 5 days after the initial order window.

Also agreed re: the deceptive practices, so MyKombini made double the price on my 31A's, how much did they lose by way of not having my repeat business? And how much more are they going to lose by me screaming at anyone who'll listen to not buy from them? It was a dirty move on their part, AND stupid. 

And a big shout to our community, this is literally the only place I spend any appreciable amount of time and it's been like that since 2000 lol.

-b.

3 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

NY came through on my missile sets, 

Congrats!  Glad to see at least SOMEONE getting something from NY.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the two Strike sets I ordered over a year ago (which I switched to Ferry over a month ago and have yet to ship)...

<crickets chirping...>

<tumbleweeds rolling by...>

Edited by dafob

5 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

NY came through on my missile sets, 

IMG_20200707_114431444.jpg.f859f93b8fc28ab1b22934c0994366a3.jpg

1 minute ago, dafob said:

Congrats!  Glad to see at least SOMEONE getting something from NY.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the two Strike sets I ordered over a year ago (which I switched to Ferry over a month ago and have yet to ship)...

<crickets chirping...>

<tumbleweeds rolling by...>

N-Y giveth, N-Y taketh away. 

Or maybe never giveth to begin with.

-b.

If it's a sign of age, then I must be getting old too, because after not getting a Roy at the initial PO start, I refuse to pay any scalper prices and will just wait for release day or any shop that still has stock at or close to MSRP. If I don't find one in that price range, then oh well, I'll just have to live with all my 1/60s and abandon Bandai's 1/48 crap.

As long as there are people willing to pay scalper prices, scalpers will scalp. It's mostly Bandai's fault for not producing enough to satisfy demand because of their fear of any item spending *gasp* a day on the shelf! :o Scalpers just see the opportunities that Bandai's business practices have created and are taking advantage of it.

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If it's a sign of age, then I must be getting old too, because after not getting a Roy at the initial PO start, I refuse to pay any scalper prices and will just wait for release day or any shop that still has stock at or close to MSRP. If I don't find one in that price range, then oh well, I'll just have to live with all my 1/60s and abandon Bandai's 1/48 crap.

As long as there are people willing to pay scalper prices, scalpers will scalp. It's mostly Bandai's fault for not producing enough to satisfy demand because of their fear of any item spending *gasp* a day on the shelf! :o Scalpers just see the opportunities that Bandai's business practices have created and are taking advantage of it.

Say it louder for the folks in the back! 

-b. 

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I totally agree with you. The only way to end this trend is to stop buy at inflated prices. I mean, i can accept a slight mark up but not twice the original price. Even if i probably could afford to buy one or two pieces from time to time i decided not to play this game anymore. I have, more or less, all the valks that came out in one scale or the other so i think i can live without the VF-1S Fokker or most of the other VFs that Bandai will release in the future.

37 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Thank you kindly.

Yes, FOMO is a real thing. And you're absolutely correct about collecting or "wanting" a thing to a point where it's no longer healthy. 

I love the hunt for a toy, I really do, but if it's causing me more grief than anything else then I've started practicing the art of stepping away.

Yeah, there's a fine line with practicing supply and demand, and I don't begrudge any shop or person from being able to turn a profit. But we can tell when it's flat out scalping and pricing things based on actual scarcity. And I don't know how anyone can really know how scarce the TV Roy 1S will be 5 days after the initial order window.

Also agreed re: the deceptive practices, so MyKombini made double the price on my 31A's, how much did they lose by way of not having my repeat business? And how much more are they going to lose by me screaming at anyone who'll listen to not buy from them? It was a dirty move on their part, AND stupid. 

And a big shout to our community, this is literally the only place I spend any appreciable amount of time and it's been like that since 2000 lol.

-b.

People have a good idea of how available these things are based on the other releases and the Macross market in general. It's hard to fault anyone for selling something that people are actually buying for whatever price. Best thing as people have said and I always practice is to not buy at higher prices but that is not going to stop people like the millionaire collector who loves Macross and doesn't care about spending an extra hundred or so to get it. We can't know who everyone in the market is and the simple fact is there are people with means, ability and desire to pay more for whatever reason they choose because we see these sell out for those prices.

Again, the only thing I can't condone is selling me something at one price and giving me some BS about it not available so you can sell it again at a higher price.

11 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I got my order from AmiAmi and after it got initially sold out then got very lucky and snagged one after they have restock (the website was extremely slow) but nonetheless got one.

Do they have tendencies of order shortage from anyone's experience?

@tjdetweiler when where you able to get one at AmiAmi?

Edited by Big

I was up at 2 AM during the initial PO frenzy and struck out everywhere like most.  I was content with waiting to pick it up at release but bit the bullet and put down the $57 deposit at Mykombini this morning just in case.  I don't collect much in 1/48 but the VF-1S (Roy) is my favorite Valk and the one I was waiting for when the DX line started - plus it will look great with my Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Stealth. 

17 hours ago, peter said:

June of last year right?  I'm still waiting too.  Shot them an email a few days ago, nothing so far.

Nah mine is:

DX Chogokin - Missile Set for VF-1 - Limited Edition (Reissue)
Release Date
2020-06-26

So.. it they had them in hand yet I'd be surprised. But pleasantly. I got those ordered WAY late.