Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 hours ago, nathans82 said:

I sleep through one night, and the DX TV Parts gets released, lol.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I thought to myself, "Bandai will reveal the TV Super Parts set, but won't release them for sale online for at least a few days. Who posts anything for sale on a Sunday night?" So, I get a good night's sleep (still recovering from PO Madness on Friday), make a nice breakfast with my wife, sat down in front of my computer with some coffee to get caught up on Macross news and HOLY $#!T WTAF JUST HAPPENED. Scrambled to place a proxy order through FJ, but not long after hitting the submit button, I saw in this thread that they're already cancelling requests. So, I'm trying a different proxy. If that doesn't work, I might have to go with AE. Again.

I can't live my life wondering if/when Bandai might put something up for PO in the middle of the night over the weekend. It also looks like I won't be bothering with FJ anymore when it comes to TWE releases, much like I don't bother with HLJ anymore when it comes to general releases. They're just too popular.

Edited by Anasazi37

47 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

What's the point of "virtually unlimited" super parts when you have conscious dearth of valks? <_<

They’re on the fifth version of this right?  They’ve issued/will issue I believe 18,000 of each. That’s 90,000 VF’s. So if every owner wanted the SSP’s for each VF, that’d be 90,000 SSP sets they’d have to make. And now with this new SP release, that’s another 90,000. So I’m thinking they’re figuring they need a lot more Super & Strike Parts to be available than the VFs themselves. 

15 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

They’re on the fifth version of this right?  They’ve issued/will issue I believe 18,000 of each. That’s 90,000 VF’s. So if every owner wanted the SSP’s for each VF, that’d be 90,000 SSP sets they’d have to make.

Even if that production number is true, that's a ridiculous assumption to make; only two of the five models produced were ever depicted with SSPs in the animation.

18 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

And now with this new SP release, that’s another 90,000. So I’m thinking they’re figuring they need a lot more Super & Strike Parts to be available than the VFs themselves. 

That's an even more ridiculous assumption.  Do you really think Bandai assumes collectors will want a set of SDFM SSPs and a set of DYRL SSPs for every DX VF-1 they own?  :huh:

20 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Just got confirmation from my proxy for six sets. 

Just need a couple more Roy’s to put them on haha

Sweet. Crossing fingers all of us who bought the fast packs before the horse will be able to pick up TV Roy soon enough.

20 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Really? No TV version super packs for you? 

-Roy never had them in the show. I'm not a "cannon slave" but I'm not interested adding non cannon stuff to my Roy display. I have plenty of cannon stuff to fill the shelves up.

-I'm not interested in them for a potential Hikaru TV Skull One. My Hikaru display is done for the most part. The only thing that could change is replacing the Arcadia GBP with a DX. And putting a "Roy" (with Hikaru's name on it) in the Hikaru display doesn't interest me at all.

-As far as red tipped missiles go. I have elevindy billion missile sets. I'd paint one if I felt I needed a red tip set.

So yay for me! No PO stress!:yahoo:

Holy crap guys! I slept in a bit today.... I've had this thread emailing me new messages for years.. my phone this morning is like  _MEMORY_FULL_  .. OK exagerrating, but i have like a hundred emails. Wow. 

So recap:  I missed the Online Only TWE release of tv Fast packs?

What was the cost? I had to log on the computer and go through the emails cause the mail client on the phone is too tedious to read - AND - deleted messages at the same time. 

NEVERMIND ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION:  8800.. damn. (I forgot what i Paid for my other supers but it ended up being astronomical due to what I'll call COVID-Shipping. Wow. WOW. (I will still probably buy them if i see them somehwere. I am irrational. This forum is for the insane. ;)  )

I'd LIKE to have these. but it sounds like I won't, and its not going to ruin my world cause I'm still a little mad at bandai about the price of a pretty much entirely plastic expansion that has no transformation or clever engineering. I buy a lot of plastic from Bandai (Gundams) and they are pricing these Fast Packs to gouge.)

Edited by lavinrac

1 minute ago, Bahamutzyro said:

aNYONE GOT THE LINK FOR FROM JAPAN?

Enter the tamashi acceptance page In the search bar. When I checked there was a message indicating they could no longer place orders. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

43 minutes ago, sqidd said:

-Roy never had them in the show. I'm not a "cannon slave" but I'm not interested adding non cannon stuff to my Roy display. I have plenty of cannon stuff to fill the shelves up.

-I'm not interested in them for a potential Hikaru TV Skull One. My Hikaru display is done for the most part. The only thing that could change is replacing the Arcadia GBP with a DX. And putting a "Roy" (with Hikaru's name on it) in the Hikaru display doesn't interest me at all.

-As far as red tipped missiles go. I have elevindy billion missile sets. I'd paint one if I felt I needed a red tip set.

So yay for me! No PO stress!:yahoo:

I understand where you are coming from, makes sense. 

TBH I think one set of TV super parts will probably be enough for me anyway.  I would rather save towards the eventual grey visor VF-1J to go with the GBP for the canon look.

14 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Holy crap guys! I slept in a bit today.... I've had this thread emailing me new messages for years.. my phone this morning is like  _MEMORY_FULL_  .. OK exagerrating, but i have like a hundred emails. Wow. 

So recap:  I missed the Online Only TWE release of tv Fast packs?

What was the cost? I had to log on the computer and go through the emails cause the mail client on the phone is too tedious to read - AND - deleted messages at the same time. 

I'd LIKE to have these. but it sounds like I won't, and its not going to ruin my world cause I'm still a little mad at bandai about the price of a pretty much entirely plastic expansion that has no transformation or clever engineering. I buy a lot of plastic from Bandai (Gundams) and they are pricing these Fast Packs to gouge.)

I won't be so hard on yourself mate.  I think that these super/strike parts sets are relatively easier to produce (compared to the full transforming valks) and we have already seen Bandai do reruns of the SSP set, and they are not that hard to find at a slight markup in the second hand market today.

Fast forward to December, you should be able to find one on Mandarake for like 10-11k yen, or even less going forward depending on demand. 

Bottom line is - you will be able to get it, albeit not for 8,800 yen, but hopefully not much higher.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Even if that production number is true, that's a ridiculous assumption to make; only two of the five models produced were ever depicted with SSPs in the animation.

That's an even more ridiculous assumption.  Do you really think Bandai assumes collectors will want a set of SDFM SSPs and a set of DYRL SSPs for every DX VF-1 they own?  :huh:

All I am saying is if they as a producer assume everyone would want a Parts Set for each unit produced regardless of TV or Movie accuracy then that would be 180,000 parts sets they would need to produce which is ten times the number or units for each release SO it’s not out of hand to assume they plan on making significantly more parts sets than VF units. I am NOT saying that’s what they WILL do, but math is math. 

11 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

it sure Bandai want's to squeeze every cent from Roy DX.

image.png.508504ed8eb7f2fee67a0c5e43062f14.png

I'm just happy I got the PO only for Roy:D , maybe later on will get the supers. 

Ignoring the pilot name on this valk, and swapping out Roy with Hikaru, this is pretty much THE ultimate VF-1S TV version that I have wanted for years.

7 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So I tried ordering from P Bandai to my Tenso address. I can get to the last step with either Amazon Pay or Rakuten Pay and then it just won't complete the order. What gives? Anyone else able to ship to Tenso?

You have to own a CC issued from within Japan.

2 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Great people will get their TV Packs delivered to them and some of us will still be waiting to get our Movie Packs from NY.

That's so sad isn't it.  Count me in as I have three things including the SSP still waiting to get from them.  All of which I have already paid for, the SSP a full year ago.

27 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

TBH I think one set of TV super parts will probably be enough for me anyway.  I would rather save towards the eventual grey visor VF-1J to go with the GBP for the canon look.

Exactly this. I'll pick some red tipped missiles upon release.

I'm anxiously awaiting a Grey Goggle/GBP.:good: 

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Great people will get their TV Packs delivered to them and some of us will still be waiting to get our Movie Packs from NY.

Does this make me one of your "great people?"    :p

1302102150_Minmayonthescreen.jpg.180f632b3c42e6165705f4e244844fac.jpg