Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So you guys think that it's going to be a TV Super Pack set that comes with red tip Reaction Missiles and probably a Hikaru figure?

Yes it would seem the most likely answer to the reveal, later today. You can see the top pf the supers in the tamashii virtual tour page...

Plus the fact they teased the TV supers and a pilot figure too(?) in that wall diagram in the previous TN event, so that seems to suggest a seperate TV supers pack...

13 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I would hope we get a websclusive Super VF-1S Hikaru combo set.......I would prefer to "assume the position" than go through another round of hell

Yup, of we are gonna get screwed, just get it over with.
No need to be coy and waste our time/effort trying to pre-order.

My only worry is this is gonna be a lottery thing. Gah!!!!!

Edited by seti88

They could do it in one release for 12k yen

tv fast packs
tv reaction missiles
hikaru figure
and a decal with pilot h.iichijo you would put over the existing focker one(Unless the canopy is removeable? Then they might just replace it instead)
and one more decal for the stand

I think Hikaru would keep the Roy Focker Special script on the side of the plane out of respect.
We know bandai is doing stickers with the kakizaki release, so why not a small supplemental pack for this

we'll know soon enough :)

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

They could do it in one release for 12k yen

tv fast packs
tv reaction missiles
hikaru figure
and a decal with pilot h.iichijo you would put over the existing focker one(Unless the canopy is removeable? Then they might just replace it instead)
and one more decal for the stand

I think Hikaru would keep the Roy Focker Special script on the side of the plane out of respect.
We know bandai is doing stickers with the kakizaki release, so why not a small supplemental pack for this

we'll know soon enough :)

Am ok with any configurations except any annoying lottery grab!

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I would hope we get a websclusive Super VF-1S Hikaru combo set.......I would prefer to "assume the position" than go through another round of hell

BTW....Will this be the first ever "proper" PT toy of a TV Super VF-1S Hikaru set released by a Japanese company?

Yamato did this combo in 1/60 v2.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Web exclusives are no longer easy purchases, what with proxies reaching order limit so quickly.

I hope information shared here isn't taken advantage by people trying to make a quick buck out of the PO madness. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it just felt like a bunch of randos showed up without knowledge of where and how things work. 

2 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yamato "almost" did this combo in 1/60 v2.

Fixed it....I had not looked at mine in years....but I do not recall red-tipped missiles...

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yamato didn't have the red tipped Reaction Missile for its set.

yep....the only toys with the correct missile tips have been from Toynami...and more recently from KC...but both being poor quality products

vf1stvsuper_box_front_view.jpg?w=584

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

sdf-macross-episode-27-remastered-galaxy

BTW....Will this be the first ever "proper" PT toy of a TV Super VF-1S Hikaru set released by a Japanese company?

I think mostly of the 'proper' TV Super VF-1S were done 'correctly' under the 'Robotech' brand. So it's safe to assume that this is somehow the 'first' from a Japanese company. However, this specific Japanese company can't justify properly the 001/100 numbers.

By the way... Hi JVM! :drinks:

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I think mostly of the 'proper' TV Super VF-1S were done 'correctly' under the 'Robotech' brand. So it's safe to assume that this is somehow the 'first' from a Japanese company. However, this specific Japanese company can't justify properly the 001/100 numbers.

I think it would be worse to once again release the RMS-1 in yellow for a TV Super VF-1....just remove both "001/100" and it would look "anime" accurate! ;)

8 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I hope information shared here isn't taken advantage by people trying to make a quick buck out of the PO madness. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it just felt like a bunch of randos showed up without knowledge of where and how things work. 

There is always gonna be a bunch of randos. Its the internet :lol:

But whatever it is, its no skin off bandai's back. They probably are secretly happy there isnt enough supply so their products are in such demand.
Its a tale as old as time...true as it can be...always Macross DX PO madness...

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

haha. I want to say *Ouch* to bandai but they probably be like....pfffftt....

Yeah, like that rando that came in 10 pages ago claiming that he was not a seller promoting a page selling Roy foker for way above msrp before PO even started, he was no where to be seen during PO day, even having the cheek to say he was here to stay when he on,y create his account recently and had less than 10 post.

Randos like that will always come in and take advantage of the info here to screw us over.

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Looking at the guest visitor numbers during the PO, it was higher of course, but not to an extreme degree that I feel that a significant amount of random scalpers have made it in here. I think the issue just is limited stock, massive popularity in asia, and poor site connections. I do wonder if people who live closer to where the seller's servers are makes a difference as I know some people overseas who have had minutes of access whereas people here in the states seems like seconds worth of access.

Anyone else have friends overseas and want to share their thoughts?

Edited by bleecher

For those still looking for Hikaru's DX VF-1S: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1128769927&ref=list&keyword=Macross&lang=en

Hey @no3Ljm  Feels like it's been awhile since I've seen you posting here, same goes for @Shizuka the Cat B))

And that is without a doubt TV style colored Fast Packs w/UN Spacy kite & Red tipped Missiles. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.23.07 PM.png

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

HLJ's website was a lot faster than usual. Did anyone notice that? I mean, other than listing a product you couldn't actually put in your cart for a good 5-10 minutes it was surprisingly responsive. 

Agreed, it actually loaded, only problem was like you said the product listing page itself was a mess. However when they fixed that page there was a noticeable delay in adding the item to cart for sure.

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

This is the worst kept secret I've ever seen. :lol:

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

I suppose the only secret to look forward to, is if there is a new valk (roy VF-1S with hikkie pilot) to accompany the supers as well..:lol::lol:

which is a crazy way to reveal stuff...

18 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

large.1268370466_BandaiDXVF-1J2.jpg.5926

that looks like me now watching the tamashii nations gundam live stream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M838UuqVTYE&feature=youtu.be

waiting for the chance they go to the macross exhibit!! :search:

oooh...they mentioned DX chogokin to be next in 15 minutes (??) at the end of the gundam live stream...

Edited by seti88

Well I myself was one of the unfortunate ones who lost out on the PO war for the Roy Fokker VF-1S...but really we all should know the Movie Edition with the more angled head is coming out for sure. Once that releases too, I really have a feeling there be a lot of folks who will start selling off the TV version...

2 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Well I myself was one of the unfortunate ones who lost out on the PO war for the Roy Fokker VF-1S...but really we all should know the Movie Edition with the more angled head is coming out for sure. Once that releases too, I really have a feeling there be a lot of folks who will start selling off the TV version...

Stupid me didnt even think about the different variants; I'm all about the movie version  and i braved the shark infested waters of the TV preorder out of ignorance.  Good thing I'm a fighter mode-only sort of collector as I wont have to see the different head too much, lol.. 

5 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Yes! No need to pre-order the TV roy, wait for the DYRL version....:p^_^

4 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Everyone who collects all the variants, you amaze me. As cool as it would be, I just can't go that far with spending.

My budget cant go that far either..i prefer TV versions so i passed on DYRL...

That guy is still listed here @Guyffon and he hasn't been back here after the pre-order madness.

Don't forget that there was a guy also telling us about the DX Hayo 1a and showing us the pic Hasawaga kit version instead with no proof (and that he mention thjat he had links with Bandai HQ). We kicked him out from here very quickly. 

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yes! No need to pre-order the TV roy, wait for the DYRL version....:p^_^

My budget cant go that far either..i prefer TV versions so i passed on DYRL...

Lol yup, I still have a friend in Japan that can procure the VF-1S in Japan in November because the TV Version Roy Fokker comes with that special stand.  Given the release pattern of the later VF-1S Hikaru had no stand for the DYRL, it can be assumed the Roy Fokker DYRL wont come with the stand too. I recalled the crazy Preorder war for both the DX YF-19 and the VF-1J, but I was in Japan in Hiroshima and literally found stores flooded with those with no one buying them. Itll be the same in Japan for stores like Yellow Submarine (not the one in Akihabara) to have a good supply of these Valks.  But yeah I would rather get the DYRL version personally and the darker Strike parts on it would look better imo. 

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So far I've got 2 of everything that's been released. 4 DYRL strike packs, 6 missile sets, 3 Roys on pre-order and 1 Kakizaki on pre-order.

The real issue is finding places to display all this stuff.

This is how you do it!:D

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

That guy is still listed here @Guyffon and he hasn't been back here after the pre-order madness.

Don't forget that there was a guy also telling us about the DX Hayo 1a and showing us the pic Hasawaga kit version instead with no proof (and that he mention thjat he had links with Bandai HQ). We kicked him out from here very quickly. 

Wait, what did he do?