Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

48 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I think its more the universe way to give you an easy pre order (which you totally deserve)since you are going thru so much in real life now, I was refreshing ami ami at that same time and saw the add to cart but when I did it says item no longer available. No biggy for me as I was pre ordering for fun as its not an item I wanted to begin with and if I can’t get it fir msrp, I won’t be getting it.

Lmao whatever you need to tell yourself.

8 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So the prices on Hikaru continue to fall... 24,500yen (+ Shipping) on Yahoo Auctions.

If you didn't ever get a DYRL Hikki, now is the time!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e447234896

I got my Hikaru for 25000yen shipped last year too. That's the reason why I posted to keep a lookout for the DX Roy there as there will be random good deals popping up.

Of course do buy from sellers with better reputation.

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Excuse me??

I think the nice way to read that is that we've all tried to convince ourselves we didn't need a toy... and then found ourselves hunting it down, even at a premium, later. 

Man, I'm actually buying toys I used to own for more than I paid for them or sold them... so I'm like the worst example.

16 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

I got my Hikaru for 25000yen shipped last year too. That's the reason why I posted to keep a lookout for the DX Roy there as there will be random good deals popping up.

Of course do buy from sellers with better reputation.

The closer we get to release, the more the scalpers are going to be trying to unload, before they actually have to pay out for their pre-orders.

There's a big difference between holding and selling a pre-order for pure profit vs actually paying for a product and having to store and ship it, plus having money tied up in inventory.

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

I think you can still get TV Max for much less. 

Ahh maybe i need to look a little harder then.  Initial ebay and amazon and such searches were $275 or higher plus shipping, etc etc. markups. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I think the nice way to read that is that we've all tried to convince ourselves we didn't need a toy... and then found ourselves hunting it down, even at a premium, later. 

Man, I'm actually buying toys I used to own for more than I paid for them or sold them... so I'm like the worst example.

I really am ok not having tv roy, I have rhe 1J and 1S andnot the 1A as I have no love for max’s color, the only reason I was even on yesterday was just to see how hard was it to get one to prep for when the YF-21 comes out, which is the one I really want. To me I have enough Roy stuff already in different scales and models.

your case is different Jenius, if you are not buying those toys, how else are we all giing to get your great toy reviews to read :p

Edited by Guyffon

Yeah-definitely TV Color Fast Packs coming soon, gonna be sweet!

So does that make the VF-1J even more desirable? Now you need:
1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
So the Super J Hikaru is just a model kit/yamato custom creation?
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

34 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

your case is different Jenius, if you are not buying those toys, how else are we all giing to get your great toy reviews to read :p

He could always poke some of the local Macross collectors, there's definitely several of us close by. :hi:

Just now, jenius said:

That's the first time I've seen "add to cart" at Nin Nin game... I wonder what went wrong last night.

got mine on nin nin at 245.  clearly they're anticipating desperation and demand.  they sell their initial batch.  then slowly leak out a few at a time, with a marked up price in phases throughout the night.  we're feverishly trying to check out.  we either don't see the slight mark up, or we do see it and we don't care.  again, desperation...  nin nin started the night out at 150 and today is at 301-302...  how they secure their inventory, i'm sure that's another intriguing story...

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

The TV packs will be a fun option. I already picked up a pair of DYRL packs for a non-canon look too, which I'm totally okay with if these supers end up being hard to find. I'm still undecided on whether or not I want the GBP armor at this scale. Although it isn't the same scale, I do have the Arcadia release and an older set from Yamato which both get a lot of display time.

Nin nin doesnt bother me.  If they cancel my order I get my money back and spend close to the same amount on ebay or wherever else.  Again,  just for Roy, I could spend $500 to have his ultimate '1S.   My only problem is the shipping time.  They're in Australia?  Great.  I'll be waiting for the kangaroos to get that thing to me...

35 minutes ago, Shawn said:

1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Remains to be seen if Bandai will issue a "new" 1J with the grey-goggles for the GBP like they did with their HMR 1J-GBP.

They could continue doing their nickel-n-dime thing and make the GBP armor a more expensive TWE standalone accessory like the missiles and FPs, but to surprisingly include an extra 1J grey-goggle head.

Or both.

As for the TV Super-FP, possibly the same tactic.:

• Another 1J with Super FPs. (but that would be copying yamato-toys.)
  • 1S Booby-Duck edition with Hikaru pilot.
  • Standalone TWE Super FPs with extra Hikaru pilot.

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

So if they show a Focker Special vf1s with fast packs do we get to scream there was no such thing as Hikaru was the pilot when fast packs debuted?

:)

Tune in next month for the VF-1S Hikaru TV Version PO madness!

16 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Tamashii Nations has a virtual tour, pretty cool

https://tamashii.jp/features_2020/vrl/?fbclid=IwAR3mYeMGN66qR0D6p07zy7LPJJS8Itr4MRLs5d8w1UXP-blAh-VLiujw7ZQ

From what I have seen it looks like a Valk with Super parts TV - I think that red insignia macross is a sign (I can be wrong though lol)

Yup, that's definitely supers and red-tipped missiles. So presumably TV supers. Maybe the reaction missiles are the replacement for the missing strike cannon so they can charge the same price?

1332772995_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-04um09_57_43.png.1f7ff4abb00b53160876a45b0b6947df.pngBeneath the lock it says "Club Members", does that mean, that it is exclusive for club members to buy or that  members get an exclusive peek behind the cylinder?

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

The Super Hikaru 1J is one of those weird pieces of apocryphal art that never appeared in the series, but just seems to be really popular.

supergerwalksmall.jpg

The subject was discussed in some detail here as well. :lol:

See, if Bandai wanted to be nice, they would pack in a spare Hikaru figure and canopy with the TV fast packs.  If they add the red-tipped RMS missiles with a TV super pack, I'll probably buy another four sets.  The more kite-marked logo parts I get, the more squadrons I can make with the extras from my DYRL packs. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If only they'd made the Kakizaki a TV version, I'd finally have a full Skull Squad along with the Roy 1S, Hikaru 1J, and Max 1A.

Guess this means I need both DYRL and TV squads.

Addict justifications.:p

I approve.:good:

5 hours ago, treatment said:

Remains to be seen if Bandai will issue a "new" 1J with the grey-goggles for the GBP like they did with their HMR 1J-GBP.

They could continue doing their nickel-n-dime thing and make the GBP armor a more expensive TWE standalone accessory like the missiles and FPs, but to surprisingly include an extra 1J grey-goggle head.

Or both.

As for the TV Super-FP, possibly the same tactic.:

• Another 1J with Super FPs. (but that would be copying yamato-toys.)
  • 1S Booby-Duck edition with Hikaru pilot.
  • Standalone TWE Super FPs with extra Hikaru pilot.

I noticed that in both the VF-1J and the Roy 1S, Bandai specifically said that these are “Limited First Edition” (or “初回限定版” ). This has got to be deliberate, and I am expecting another release of the 1J (grey goggles for GBP) and 1S (Hikaru) in the future with slight tweaks, minus the extra fighter mode stands. 

Damn it. I watch this thread constantly and I let it slide for a few days and miss this guy. If anyone got an extra, please let me know. Is this the TV or DYRL Roy?

26 minutes ago, Drad said:

Damn it. I watch this thread constantly and I let it slide for a few days and miss this guy. If anyone got an extra, please let me know. Is this the TV or DYRL Roy?

Just pick it up on release day through the shops or ebay.  Sure, you'll pay a little more than the F5 banging PO guys, but it's for ROY, so like an arranged intimate encounter with Scarlett Johansson, its worth every penny.  Frankly, I'm feeling silly that I allowed myself to get swept away by the madness, with a questionable company to boot.  Like a great bald man once said, being first,  at any cost, isn't always the point...

33 minutes ago, Drad said:

Someone is going to have 6 sets maybe you can buy it off from him to help him?

I will say that there are SOME exceptions to the idea of ultimately being able to find a highly desirable item at some point after release, the Nintendo Switch being one of them.  How long has that console been for sale?  Believe it or not, I have NEVER seen a nintendo switch for sale in a retail store EVER.  That thing is years old and continues to fly off of the shelves.  The '1S roy?  You'll find it, dont worry about it...