Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Tried searching, but always have a problem finding a post so thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help but.... anyone have pictures to the differences between the TV and DYRL super packs? Thanks!

To get an idea of the diffs, just go to http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8895 and see it.

That's fir the classic Yammie/Arcadia 1/60v2 versions, tho, as Bandai has yet to release their TV super-packs for the DX.  

They'd only released the DYRL super/strike-packs so far.

16 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Tried searching, but always have a problem finding a post so thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help but.... anyone have pictures to the differences between the TV and DYRL super packs? Thanks!

I thought I had seen it somewhere in this thread, and found it: 

Count me in as another person waiting and seeing on NinNin. Got one at $225, paid PayPal, it releases within the 180 days of coverage, we'll see. I've gotten multiple items from them before and have never been screwed, so that's one more positive experience to add I guess.

Hopefully when November rolls around everyone who ordered gets their toys, won't bother with them anymore if I see others getting screwed at release.

15 minutes ago, RedComet said:

It's the Kite logo (TV) Skull logo (DYRL) and the arm mounted missile launcher's shape

agree - with the DX and its (almost) over the top tampo markings, I think that some of them may be different between the TV super pack and the DYRL strike pack, such as the "ARMD-01" reference would probably be switched to "Prometheus" for the TV version.

4 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Count me in as another person waiting and seeing on NinNin. Got one at $225, paid PayPal, it releases within the 180 days of coverage, we'll see. I've gotten multiple items from them before and have never been screwed, so that's one more positive experience to add I guess.

Hopefully when November rolls around everyone who ordered gets their toys, won't bother with them anymore if I see others getting screwed at release.

That's my only preorder from last night, so I sure hope they come through.

Heh. I stop checking these forums regularly for around 2 weeks and seems that's all it took for the Focker type to be announced, made available for preorder, and completely miss the boat. Hopefully it's still possible to acquire one of these later down the road.

Oddly enough, I don't feel that bummed by it.

2 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Heh. I stop checking these forums regularly for around 2 weeks and seems that's all it took for the Focker type to be announced, made available for preorder, and completely miss the boat. Hopefully it's still possible to acquire one of these later down the road.

Oddly enough, I don't feel that bummed by it.

There will be more chances upon release date.

Getting a hernia/ulster or keeping a fit of rage isn't going to help. Your personal health is more important unless you want to die an early death with a black heart in your chest cavity. 

3 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

do you think we'll get the two seaters?  if a 1D comes out I NEED it as much as this roy.  the 1D, roy's 1S, and hikaru's 1J are like the trio that mean the most to me as an SDFM fan.  sure completing vermillion would be nice as well as max and mirria's 1js and of course browies and brownie 1J but i don't want to repeat the 1/60 v2s and go for near completion. 

I don't think I want a two seater in the current DX VF-1 configuration TBH.  Imagine it would probably take a remold or "renewal version" of some sort to incorporate the dual seater canopy design, and also the nosecone-release mechanism that's trademark of the VF-1D. 

If Bandai can do that, then I'll gladly hand over much higher than MSRP for it if I have to.

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Getting a hernia/ulster or keeping a fit of rage isn't going to help. Your personal health is more important unless you want to die an early death with a black heart in your chest cavity. 

Hope so.

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I don't think I want a two seater in the current DX VF-1 configuration TBH.  Imagine it would probably take a remold or "renewal version" of some sort to incorporate the dual seater canopy design, and also the nosecone-release mechanism that's trademark of the VF-1D. 

If Bandai can do that, then I'll gladly hand over much higher than MSRP for it if I have to.

It would all depend on whether or not the DX 1/48 was designed from the start with two seaters in mind. Yamato's 1/60 V2's were designed with two seaters in mind from day one. I fear that we will never see such a complete paint scheme release ever again. :(

1 hour ago, Big said:

Still up! What do you guys think of getting together in securing PO-Valks for Macrossworld-members in the future. I am tired of the madness, it's so frustrating. Lets invest in bots and secure Valks for us!

There is a thread discussing that.

I wonder if we can pool our buying power together, can we setup a deal with Bandai (just like other shop did) to secure a fixed number for our members here. Maybe via someone in Japan that can setup a "company".

1 hour ago, ikhii said:

So, i decided to just DIY it. No point to crying about it. I just wish I had a white plate instead of grey. Anyway, it works. better than before. ;)

Really nice fix. Glad to see that this is resolved. I have not open my hiki 1S yet. After seeing your post, I am getting worried.

52 minutes ago, bleecher said:

TV vs movie super packs.

-different color

-different insignia

-slightly different markings

-no strike cannon variant for TV

-different arm launcher design

Will Bandai be as fastidious as Yamato about the differences? That remains to be seen, but I'm going to bet no.

50072030358_ec485df375_o.jpg

Just now, kkx said:

There is a thread discussing that.

I wonder if we can pool our buying power together, can we setup a deal with Bandai (just like other shop did) to secure a fixed number for our members here. Maybe via someone in Japan that can setup a "company".

Boy that would sure be nice, this PO bloodbath stuff is not something I care to repeat. It's been many years since I last participated in one here on the forums with you all. It took Banda's DX 1/48 Roy to bring me back, lol. 

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

Boy that would sure be nice, this PO bloodbath stuff is not something I care to repeat. It's been many years since I last participated in one here on the forums with you all. It took Banda's DX 1/48 Roy to bring me back, lol. 

Getting too old and tired for this sh**.

If I end up without a Roy 1S after November, I think I'll sell off my DX 1/48s. Really pointless to collect them all but be missing Roy's. I'll just have to be happy with my completed 1/60 squadrons. :crazy:

Am I correct in seeing that only the Bandai DX Chogokin first editions of the Hikaru VF-1J and the Roy VF-1S include the extra stands?  Did they make stands for the Hikaru VF-1S, Max VF-1A, Hayao VF-1A?

Edited by Sephiroth

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Am I correct in seeing that only the fBandai DX Chogokin first editions of the Hikaru VF-1J and the Roy VF-1S include the extra stands?  Did they make stands for the Hikaru VF-1S, Max VF-1A, Hayao VF-1A?

No they didn't. 

Edit: Just the regular stands only for Max, Hayao and Hikaru's 1j

Edited by borgified

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

TV vs movie super packs.

-different color

-different insignia

Will Bandai be as fastidious as Yamato about the differences? That remains to be seen, but I'm going to bet no.

What version are those Yammie???? Love the paint work!!!

16 minutes ago, Jairias said:

What version are those Yammie???? Love the paint work!!!

1/60 Yammies (both mk. 2?) with @Lolicon's special touch to make it pop out more! 

Edit: Looks like one is Arcadia? 

@Lolicon - Can you verify if that is correct? 

Edited by borgified

54 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

TV vs movie super packs.

-different color

-different insignia

Works of Art @Lolicon !!

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

1/60 Yammies (both mk. 2?) with @Lolicon's special touch to make it pop out more! 

Edit: Looks like one is Arcadia? 

@Lolicon - Can you verify if that is correct? 

DYRL strike parts are from Arcadia but everything else is Yamato (v2).

11 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Works of Art @Lolicon !!

Thanks sir! :good:

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, borgified said:

What's life like without valks????

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

What's life like without valks????

:lol:

Tell that to a serious person that has severe depression problem and on the brink of suicide as nothing as worked out for them - Fact of life just saying.   

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

Tell that to a serious person that has severe depression problem and on the brink of suicide as nothing as worked out for them - Fact of life just saying.   

Of course!! That's why I put the smile!!

Never lose perspective, it's just plastic toys we're talking about ;)