Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Yup. 2. Could have gotten one more but my attention was divided with other stuff up for PO. 

Do you collect any Saint Seiya stuff by any chance? I missed the Zeta Myth Cloth EX Preorder at HLJ being too busy trying to chase Roy

16 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AJ and Nin-Nin, one from each.

I got Roy drunk, grabbed a few hours of sleep, managed to secure the POs (maybe being Roy drunk helped?), topped up on some single malt to celebrate/commiserate with everyone here, then went back to sleep.

I wished I double checked my amazon login on their japanese site (I assumed I was already on having switched countries only).  The two-factor verification step killed my chances.  and it was only like an extra 10 seconds.

Didn't get anything. First PO in many years where I didn't secure at least one. Closest I got was with HLJ, but their POS website decided at the end of checkout to just arbitrarily empty my cart for no reason. Don't think I was cartjacked because I was able to go back and add it to cart again, but partway through my second attempt to checkout was where I got the order stop notice. Thanks HLJ! Your site is a POS.

I'm not paying any inflated scalper prices. I'm having a buddy in Japan get me one when he hits the streets of Tokyo the last Saturday of November, if travel restrictions are in place and I can't go myself.

1 minute ago, chyll2 said:

@lolicon

sad to see you miss one as I always like your weathered collection

Thanks. :hi:We'll see in November if my friend can find some in Akihabara. He owes me one anyway since I managed to hook him up with a retail price Hikaru 1S when he couldn't get one. :lol:

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks. :hi:We'll see in November if my friend can find some in Akihabara. He owes me one anyway since I managed to hook him up with a retail price Hikaru 1S when he couldn't get one. :lol:

Exactly. There’s always release day. I remember when you landed Hikkie while in Tokyo. I missed on PO night for him and landed at HS on release.

37 minutes ago, max928 said:

looking at HLJ site now, it says order stop, limited to 20  (used to be just 1).  Perhaps there is hope! :)

Unfortunately, that's what HLJ defaults to on POs. Once they order stop, their website usually hits back to the defaults. I've been encouraged and crushed by this before.  :(

39 minutes ago, Vertex said:

Although securing a replacement part might be difficult / impossible if you had a caliper to take measurements it be very easy to model and 3D print a replacement. It may take a couple of trials to get the angle/slope of the back facing of the leg but there's things you can do to mitigate. Biggest issue I see would be getting the print material to match the color of the rest of the plastic but at least it would be functional. You would have to basically eye a white paint mixture that matched, unless someone has already figured the right paint brand/mix ratios to get a match,

So, i decided to just DIY it. No point to crying about it. I just wish I had a white plate instead of grey. Anyway, it works. better than before. ;)

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.08.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.08.26 AM.png

Edited by ikhii

5 minutes ago, ikhii said:

So, i decided to just DIY it. No point to crying about it. I just wish I had a white plate instead of grey. Anyway, it works. better than before. ;)

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.08.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.08.26 AM.png

Respect!  Good to see that you can fix it yourself.  While unfortunate, it's probably not a bad spot to have a DIY repair part in the back of the legs, you won't see it 99% of the time anyway.

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I hope you get more than one too.   I will never be able to weather my valks like that, and really enjoy seeing your work on here.  Good luck!

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Respect!  Good to see that you can fix it yourself.  While unfortunate, it's probably not a bad spot to have a DIY repair part in the back of the legs, you won't see it 99% of the time anyway.

Especially if you dress it up in armor. No one will ever see it. Nice work!

Good morning gentlemen, who is still up from last night?  What a $hit show, my first pre-order experience and it was a total cluster fuk, lol!  Not even sure why I bothered.  I feel like I just woke up with the worst hangover only to roll over and see a fat ugly girl laying next to me.

Guess I'll have to pay a scalper, or hope I'm in Japan at the right time in November (I left Japan literally the day before Hikaru's release).

Someone posted this on FB yesterday about the pre-order, thought it was funny:

Fnzo-XrGkGsSYXbAE2g9MRSW4K5GYWFWqH9QjNXs

"Misa, I can't be with you tonight, I'll be pre-ordering sempai's....."

Still up! What do you guys think of getting together in securing PO-Valks for Macrossworld-members in the future. I am tired of the madness, it's so frustrating. Lets invest in bots and secure Valks for us!

19 minutes ago, ikhii said:

Awesome - Glad it worked out.

Almost forgot about the PO as I was a bit tired due to meetings/some remote work last night that I was eager to go to bed. Good thing I usually read reddit, forums or some quick netflix browse to make myself sleepy (lol) and remembered about this PO. Was late by about 10 minutes or so and HLJ was the only shop remaining that I'm willing to PO from (otherwise will just try my luck at release). So just like the others waited for HLJ to 'fix' their site, and fortunately was able to get one though I thought it would fail as I got two "HLJ support" errors during the final step to place the order (just kept clicking place order button). Got the confirmation email and back to bed immediately.

Edited by pafy6285

59 minutes ago, max928 said:

looking at HLJ site now, it says order stop, limited to 20  (used to be just 1).  Perhaps there is hope! :)

I saw that, wtf?  Limit to 20 per person???  Even thought you can't add anything to cart?  Their website blows at the best of times, it totally died last night at the crucial moment.

Got up not too long ago and just read this page. Going to backtrack on the posts soon).

Aways a bloodbath during these late nights/early morning.. 

Anyone ready for the next round for the DX YF-21 or any new HMR releases? :mellow: 

30 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I hope you get more than one too.   I will never be able to weather my valks like that, and really enjoy seeing your work on here.  Good luck!

Thanks. ;)

47 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Exactly. There’s always release day. I remember when you landed Hikkie while in Tokyo. I missed on PO night for him and landed at HS on release.

I'd love to do it myself, but with the pandemic, that's not looking likely. :(

Good gawd man this PO is ridiculous! It’s too the point where it’s just not worth my time and energy anymore. I’ve tried CDJ as it was the cheapest then went to AmiAmi and both were sold out instantly. 

To make matters worse now AmiAmi shows a pending transaction?!?!?! I’m like WTF how is that even possible if it’s sold out and never even got to the check out pg?!?!? 

Anyone getting this too? Guess I’ll just stick with Yamato 1/48 

2DE5A4DA-0880-4272-9FF4-0EFE883ED1BA.jpeg

Edited by Agent-GHQ

anyway finally manage to post.... for some reason my password has to be reset as usual n the email just send to me like 2 hrs ago when i request for it 8 hrs ago....

totally got my timing wrong thinking po is 1 hr later n not at 3pm japan time... 15 mins into 3pm n AMJ sold out... n i spend 2 hrs F5 with login issue at HLJ then finally managed to log in back item was sold out when i was checking out. with ami ami cart jacked after adding to cart after like an hr of F5 ... 2 hr of f5 going into thge 3rd saw the po open again and finally manage to order one from ami ami

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

Am excited. Wallet isn't.

Tried searching, but always have a problem finding a post so thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help but.... anyone have pictures to the differences between the TV and DYRL super packs? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Tried searching, but always have a problem finding a post so thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help but.... anyone have pictures to the differences between the TV and DYRL super packs? Thanks!

It's the Kite logo (TV) Skull logo (DYRL) and the arm mounted missile launcher's shape