Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, vlenhoff said:

Apparently in my rush to buy this crap, i used Adyen or some company that processes the payment, inthe NIN NIN website. This "adyen" site has a terrible history of fraud, and the transaction was cancelled. Now i tried it again with paypal, but at 300 bucks. I hope nin nin comes through and my invoce says roy focker vf-1s etc. I got effed last night.

Damn- that totally sucks.

2 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

this hobby is worst than hookers!!! at least with hookers you get what you pay for lol

There is a difference:

With mech-buying, you pay to receive the mech and keep it.

With hookers, you pay to receive and then for them to go away after.

16 minutes ago, moose said:

Ok really I never saw that and I was watching for it so they are out of stock then?

I don't know, I would not hold my horses at this point, and by that I mean sitting in front of the screen for hours refreshing the page

So my bank blocked the transaction for "N2G export" because they say this website has a super high record for fraudulent activity. I thought NG2 export was just the company processing the payment for NIN NIN[like a middle man], so i went back to NIN NIN and reordered it, and this time i payed with paypal. When i see the Paypal payment note, it says "N2G export" there too. So this means, either the bank was exaggerating, or NIN NIN has defrauded many. So NIN NIN is N2G export, in paper.

I am both sad and terribly mad now. Either my bank made me waste money unnecessarily [i called them about it too, and let them have it, politely], or NIN NIN has more of my money and it is going to F me on the release date. It says 148 days left for release on the website, so i hope i am still covered by paypal.

This has been a terrible experience. Some people seem to have had good experiences with NIN NIN here, and not others. I feel like an idiot now, and i hope i get my TV Roy. This was by far, the worst PO experience ever. 

Edited by vlenhoff

4 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

And why the hell is that? I noticed fanstoys aftermarket prices were off the charts.

I think they have become the "hot toys" equivalent for Masterpiece Transformer collectors.  Great sculpts and resemblance to the toon looks is what I think wins me over from other 3P competitiors.  Some reported issues with their QC though.  They are considered the "go-to" issuer for a transformer figure if there are multiple 3P companies doing the same bot, including HasTak, simply because FT's product always look the best.

Preorder for FT releases is not unlike Macross figures now - the moment they're out for PO, they are sold out within minutes or hours.

Edited by rdrunner

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

So my bank blocked the transaction for "N2G export" because they say this website has a super high record for fraudulent activity. I thought it was the company receiving the payment, so i went back to NIN NIN and reordered it, and this time i payed with paypal. When i see the Paypal payment, it says "N2G export" there too. So this means, either the bank was exaggerating, or NIN NIN has defrauded many. So NIN NIN is N2G export, in paper.

I am both sad and terribly mad now. Either my bank made me waste money unnecessarily [i called them about it too, and let them have it, politely], or NIN NIN has more of my money and it is going to F me on the release date.

This has been a terrible experience. Some peopl eseem to have had good experiences with NIN NIN here, and not others. I feel like an idiot now, and i hope i get my TV Roy.

Water under the bridge mate.  Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  I'm not sure about my PO with them either, but we'll find out in due course.  You may perhaps want to keep a bookmark out for mandarake or amazon JP on the day of release to see how after market prices go, just in case you need a backup solution.  

40 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

(* Looks in to see how PO Madness went last night *)

(* Crosses fingers and starts reading 15 pages of forum posts *)

Was this as bad as the VF-1S Hilary PO Madness? I recall that being pretty bad.

Yes totally. In some ways worse. I scored from AJ and HLJ. Whereas, I missed Hikaru until scoring from HS on release day. But I think I’ve just gotten better at POs.

But this time sites completely crashed like AE and HLJ was worse the past two POs. NY released their listing like an hour early. It was madness

3 hours ago, ikhii said:

So, after all the hype on the PO, i decided to go unbox my new VF1S Hikaru. To my suprise, this happens. So, who should I contact and get the part replacement? Please advice and thank you. Deng, what a day. 

106297264_10159856880909392_4679542285813843254_n.jpg

Simply put, you are hosed.

8 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

So my bank blocked the transaction for "N2G export" because they say this website has a super high record for fraudulent activity. I thought NG2 export was just the company processing the payment for NIN NIN[like a middle man], so i went back to NIN NIN and reordered it, and this time i payed with paypal. When i see the Paypal payment note, it says "N2G export" there too. So this means, either the bank was exaggerating, or NIN NIN has defrauded many. So NIN NIN is N2G export, in paper.

I am both sad and terribly mad now. Either my bank made me waste money unnecessarily [i called them about it too, and let them have it, politely], or NIN NIN has more of my money and it is going to F me on the release date.

This has been a terrible experience. Some peopl eseem to have had good experiences with NIN NIN here, and not others. I feel like an idiot now, and i hope i get my TV Roy.

Hopefully you get your order this November. Rule of thumb when ordering online, if you can, use paypal with a credit card. Never use your bank account or funds because if you get screwed, you can a file a claim with paypal first then if that fails, do a chargeback with the credit card. It's harder to recover money from paying with a bank account.

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Preorder for FT releases is not unlike Macross figures now - the moment they're out for PO, they are sold out within minutes or hours.

Man, I wish those time windows existed for the DX line. Seeing shops sell out within one refresh is insane. 

On the topic of 3rd Ps, why aren't they as prevalent for the Macross line?

well thats that  paypla just got back to me saying they wont give me my money back as they dont see anything wrong

and thats it folks nin-nin scamed me of £377 for a used hikaru that if i ever get it will need to sell to get my money back

this is best day of my  life !! 2020 the year that keeps on giving

14 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I am both sad and terribly mad now. Either my bank made me waste money unnecessarily [i called them about it too, and let them have it, politely], or NIN NIN has more of my money and it is going to F me on the release date. It says 148 days left for release on the website, so i hope i am still covered by paypal.

This has been a terrible experience. Some people seem to have had good experiences with NIN NIN here, and not others. I feel like an idiot now, and i hope i get my TV Roy. This was by far, the worst PO experience ever. 

Yes N2G is Nin-Nin, its stated on their website:

ABOUT US

N2G Export Limited Liability Company

Registration Number
Headquarters (JAPAN) : 1200-03-007012
French Branch (SIRET) : 53416461100012

Looks like the bank blocked my charge too. Lol. I’m fine with that tbh. Screw nin2. Guess I’m on the mandarake path now. Or I guess I should be looking and YAJ near launch too. What’s the scoop with that?

5 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/初回限定版VF-1Sバルキリー ロイ・フォッカースペシャル?translationType=1

Do check out this link at Buyee, you may be able to snatch one for 25000yen down the road. One just got auction off for 19800yen.

One word of warning about getting pre-order item from yahoo japan auction and ebay. I burned multiple times.

There are a some seller out there that is trying to take advantage of our desperation and the long wait between PO and delivery.

Ebay/PayPal refund all of my payment but if you work through buyee or FromJapan on yahoo auction in Japan, take precaution to protect your interest.

10 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes totally. In some ways worse. I scored from AJ and HLJ. Whereas, I missed Hikaru until scoring from HS on release day. But I think I’ve just gotten better at POs.

But this time sites completely crashed like AE and HLJ was worse the past two POs. NY released their listing like an hour early. It was madness

Was it though? I think this went better. Having Roy show up on AJ Global helped a lot. Hikaru didn't show up ever. 

Just finished reading through the last seven hours of posts. So many highs and lows. I'm relieved that I managed to secure one at Amazon Japan (retail price) because I'm now worried about my PO at Nin-Nin. I was one of the "lucky" few that secured it when Nin-Nin was selling with a 10% discount. The fact that the discount went from 20% to 10% before they started taking orders was a warning flag for me, but I pulled the trigger anyway. Now to read that they kept ratcheting up the price through successive later rounds makes me think that those of us at front of the line will get screwed because we represent the smallest profit margin for them. Luckily I paid with PayPal using a credit card that has aggressive overseas fraud protection because it's meant for international travel, so I should be able to get my money back if I need to. I'm hopeful that everyone's orders are honored, though.

I expect to see a second wave from NY later today. That's what happened with the Hikaru 1S, I think. They didn't immediately start a second round after the first one, maybe because they're currently trying to secure as much stock as they can. Will they be north of ¥35,000? I wouldn't be surprised, but I'd like to be wrong. I had already resigned myself to going on the hunt after release in November and paying about $300 for this valk, so the fact that I managed to get PO last night still hasn't sunk in. I never, ever, ever get POs. This will probably be the one time it happens and I'm okay with that because it's Roy.

I saw a few questions about the "PayPal Exchange Fee" that Nin-Nin charged. It gave me pause as well, but hesitate for too long during PO Madness and you lose out, so I just plowed forward since it was only $8.85. I'm betting that's how they recoup the standard PayPal transaction fee so they get the full amount. Some quick math shows that the fee is about 5% and PayPal normally charges around that. I also noticed that they only added it to the price of the toy, not the combined price of the toy and shipping. At least that's one small positive thing.

4 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

well thats that  paypla just got back to me saying they wont give me my money back as they dont see anything wrong

and thats it folks nin-nin scamed me of £377 for a used hikaru that if i ever get it will need to sell to get my money back

this is best day of my  life !! 2020 the year that keeps on giving

I'm sure you've contacted NIN NIN already but have you confirmed that mistake is permanent? I haven't seen a used Hikaru on their site but they do have a new one listed for that price. If they're not willing to cancel your order I would at least attempt to make an exchange since the Roy is technically cheaper and still in "stock" on their site. Sucks you have to go through all this trouble :/

6 minutes ago, crackpot said:

We're talking about Bandai here. They will go after their asses unlike Takara/Hasbro.

Very true but I've seen 3rd party metal build Gundams around while I don't think I've ever seen any DX-like Macross KOs

3 hours ago, ikhii said:

So, after all the hype on the PO, i decided to go unbox my new VF1S Hikaru. To my suprise, this happens. So, who should I contact and get the part replacement? Please advice and thank you. Deng, what a day. 

106297264_10159856880909392_4679542285813843254_n.jpg

Although securing a replacement part might be difficult / impossible if you had a caliper to take measurements it be very easy to model and 3D print a replacement. It may take a couple of trials to get the angle/slope of the back facing of the leg but there's things you can do to mitigate. Biggest issue I see would be getting the print material to match the color of the rest of the plastic but at least it would be functional. You would have to basically eye a white paint mixture that matched, unless someone has already figured the right paint brand/mix ratios to get a match,

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:
Ok roll call! Who landed last night and where?

I landed AJ and HLJ.

Anyone get Roy drunk?

AJ and Nin-Nin, one from each.

I got Roy drunk, grabbed a few hours of sleep, managed to secure the POs (maybe being Roy drunk helped?), topped up on some single malt to celebrate/commiserate with everyone here, then went back to sleep.

3 minutes ago, max928 said:

looking at HLJ site now, it says order stop, limited to 20  (used to be just 1).  Perhaps there is hope! :)

Im hoping for an opening in any website, I kinda lost hope on HLJ on preorders tough, they never get back to stock from what I've seen

2 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AJ and Nin-Nin, one from each.

I got Roy drunk, grabbed a few hours of sleep, managed to secure the POs (maybe being Roy drunk helped?), topped up on some single malt to celebrate/commiserate with everyone here, then went back to sleep.

Nice! I’d call that a successful PO night! I didn’t get Roy drunk but managed a nice buzz. My inner Roy was with me though