Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Hard to say at this point, but here's how it went down tonight:

Before 3am Eastern:  15,840 yen (status = soon available).  No one was able to order at this price.

2:55am Eastern:  Released for first round preorder at 17,800 yen.  Lasted a few mins.

Then for the next couple hours, we saw steady increases in the price (each time about 2000 yen or so) and each round of these POs will be sold out in minutes.

We are now at 31,490 for the last 30 mins or more now, where the price seems to have finally stopped going up.

The question is: do you believe they have enough stock to cover these 6 rounds of PO?  If you were them trying to maximize profits, and don't have enough stock, who might get their POs cancelled?

If they dare screw me and others on this, as i said, I will personally lead a call to have them permanently listed as a "buyer beware" site here. Failing that, I will have it in my sig permanently with links to relevant posts here in this thread. 

Actually, can we even have sigs on this site anymore? I never bothered to check, lol. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

9 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

^ This. Hopefully I won't have to, but if I must, then I must...I'm just glad that it's the only one I care about, I don't even want to think about getting the others...yikes. 

For me it was always and only about roy.  I never understood the fascination with Hikaru or the 1J.  I dont care for max, his alien girlfriend, their kids, the fat guy in the green trim Valkyrie, the valks with boobs; none of it.  The buck starts and stops with Roy for me.

7 minutes ago, yami4ct said:

It’s the only VF-1 I want which I’m happy about. Still the idea of getting up to $400+ is stomach churning 

Yeah I know, but I gave up toy collecting and started messing with cars.  Trust me, $500 is NOTHING lol...

2 minutes ago, Toonz said:

is nin nin reliable?

I really hope they are, lol...

1 minute ago, Tenbatsu said:

https://buyee.jp/item/search/query/初回限定版VF-1Sバルキリー ロイ・フォッカースペシャル?translationType=1

Do check out this link at Buyee, you may be able to snatch one for 25000yen down the road. One just got auction off for 19800yen.

That's how I got in trouble buying "one" (six for "19,000" (190,000). Damn haha. I hope these become as valuable as Hikaru by Christmas or I am in deep!

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

If they dare screw me and others on this, as i said, I will personally lead a call to have them permanently listed as a "buyer beware" site here. Failing that, I will have it in my sig with links to relevant posts here in this thread. 

Absolutely.  I think we need to really keep an eye on the turnout post-release and spread the word as much as possible as a big group in every Macross discussion platform we can think of.

Just now, RedComet said:

That's how I got in trouble buying "one" (six for "19,000" (190,000). Damn haha. I hope these become as valuable as Hikaru by Christmas or I am in deep!

Lol I did saw that listing but it did mentioned that it's for 6 pieces. I guess you can just do a charge back with the bank to cancel the order.

1 minute ago, Actar said:

Damn, that's what I get for giving up F5ving. Will it come up again or will we just have to wait?

The last release I panicked at was Chuck's VF-31, and I definitely regretted it after it became easily available after release.

What I'm curious to see is whether Bandai is going to make the DYRL version as well.  They did this "first release" song and dance with the Hikaru 1J with the stand, but whether we ever see a second release is entirely up to the roulette wheel of Bandai's decision process.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Same, I'm expecting that to pop any moment here, and resisting the urge to sleep to see if it happens.

Same here, keep resisting going to sleep, just in case it opens up.  NY had executed a different gameplay tonight.

7 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Was nin nin one of the webshops that cancelled a bunch of vf-31A for thise that ordered them at the original price only to relist them at twice the price during the vf-31a fiasco?

If they wanna cancel my order that's fine with me, as long as I get my money back.  I will get it back, right?  Lol.  Based on what everyone's saying here, sounds like they probably will cancel and resell...

Edited by myk

1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

You should be able to if you used a credit card or paypal. 

I used PayPal.  So the waiting game begins!

1 minute ago, yami4ct said:

Every page monitor I’ve used is either a nightmare of false positives, doesn’t catch what you need or just simply doesn’t work well in other ways. I’ve tried so many in pursuit of convention toys 

Haha, that's sadly my experience as well.

30 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Well if they bring back SAL by December I can probably get the whole lot shipped for 100,000 yen so it would be about $330 plus domestic shipping, so $350 just to break even.

There's no way to cancel it or force a refund via your CC?

1 minute ago, spanner said:

Wasn't even aware of this FFS. Can't find any available anywhere..

I think nin nin is still open, but buyer beware, its their 6th of 7th round of marked up PO tonite

Edited by Guyffon

4 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I think nin nin is still open, but buyer beware, its their 6th of 7th round of marked up PO tonite

Have absolutely no desire to deal with NNG ever again after a bad experience. I'll wait for the next round of hiked up pre order pricing at NY if that even happens.. 

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Wow, and here I thought Roy wasnt that popular in japan, or is it being sold out strictly to international markets?

Isnt that typical of anime and their toys anyway?  More popular in markets outside of japan?  For example yamato 2199 and.....cant think of anything else lol...

Just now, myk said:

Isnt that typical of anime and their toys anyway?  More popular in markets outside of japan?  For example yamato 2199 and.....cant think of anything else lol...

Yeah, I was able to score a like new SOC GX-86 for under $300, new they're around $350 and up before shipping, geez...

3 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Yeah, I was able to score a like new SOC GX-86 for under $300, new they're around $350 and up before shipping, geez...

Ah yamato.  I still have my gx 64, but I had to program a generic IR remote to activate the sound and lights because the original remote broke.  How is that 86?

2 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Actually I think that Fanstoys Masterpiece transformers are the easiest ones to scalp, the most ridiculous example being their dinobots, they retailed at about 150-200 each, but now the most expensive one go for like 700+ (or more if MISB) in the second market!  And I thought I paid through the nose for my ozma 25S armour set already......

I was already prepped to find an after-market or release day one, but still hoped I'd get lucky. But the worst thing is while searching I kept spotting other preorder items that now are getting my attention. (hey look, a super expensive Arcadia! Don't click preorder. Don't.).

3 minutes ago, myk said:

Ah yamato.  I still have my gx 64, but I had to program a generic IR remote to activate the sound and lights because the original remote broke.  How is that 86?

Freaking amazing to be frank. Motorized turrets, lights, sounds, and voice files now, more detail like the Bandai models have and even the decks have the wooden like color as in the anime. No side opening doors to show the hangar, probably due to the turret motors taking up room. 

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best SOC Yamato to date. Bandai has consistently stepped up their game with each new release. I cannot wait to see what they come out with for Yamato 2205. B))

Edited by Kyp Durron