Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, myk said:

Eh.  Worse case scenario you pay scalper prices on fleabay but hey...if you want it badly enough the price is meaningless...

Or you accidentally/idiotically pay scalper prices for 6 of them on release night and just pray this sells for what the 1J does on the aftermarket.

Edited by RedComet

Just now, RedComet said:

Or you accidentally/idiotically pay scalper prices for 6 of them on release night and just pray this sets for what the 1J does on the aftermarket.

I couldn't see that YJA page at all.  So what was the story there?

2 minutes ago, SaitouSad said:

welcome to Macross preorder hell. This literally happens almost every Bandai DX Chogokin drop.
There were a few exceptions but for the vast majority they were like this.

Yeah. Never again. Most valks that I would want I can be reasonably assured they won’t like triple on the aftermarket. If it was anything else I wouldn’t have gone through this 

Just now, Lolicon said:

GODDAMMIT! I step away for a few minutes to take a shower and it goes up at Amiami! And after F5ing for two hours!! Argh!

we were here when the link just went live but it seems many of us got cart-jacked, if that's any consolation at all.  Sorry.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Roughly 2k for 6 of them is still kind of what I would call in the "acceptable" range personally, around $333 a piece.  If you do wind up with that many, people here might be happy to buy a couple, especially if Nin-Nin cancels on anyone.

Well if they bring back SAL by December I can probably get the whole lot shipped for 100,000 yen so it would be about $330 plus domestic shipping, so $350 just to break even.

7 minutes ago, yami4ct said:

Not exactly meaningless if it hits like mid to high 300s

I would gladly pay 400 to 500 for a fokker 1S; it's the only variable fighter I care about.  Like I said, the price is meaningless if you have the desire and the means.   Dont get me wrong-I wouldn't spend like that for any other toy...

Edited by myk

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

Well if they bring back SAL by December I can probably get the whole lot shipped for 100,000 yen so it would be about $330 plus domestic shipping, so $350 just to break even.

Yeah, I didn't know if that total would have shipping in it.  That's still on the upper end I'd consider, honestly, but I worked myself up to it.

Just now, rdrunner said:

Yeah if the YF-29 FSP was a 9/10 in terms of difficulty, the Ozma and armor pack would be like 30/10 difficult...

I would say that I would probably be willing to pay more than that aftermarket than I would Roy’s but that’s mainly because those damn armors are $300 on their own 

2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Actually I think with time, this would probably surpass the VF-1J first issue (with the bonus stand) in after market prices, so you could be fine in the slightly longer run.  It may break even for you sooner than you think.

Just now, myk said:

I would gladly pay 400 to 500 for a fokker 1S; it's the only variable fighter I care about...

^ This. Hopefully I won't have to, but if I must, then I must...I'm just glad that it's the only one I care about, I don't even want to think about getting the others...yikes. 

1 minute ago, yami4ct said:

I would say that I would probably be willing to pay more than that aftermarket than I would Roy’s but that’s mainly because those damn armors are $300 on their own 

I didn't get into Macross collection properly until 2015, so well past the time of the VF-25 renewals already.  IIRC the armors were never re-released.  I got a used set in fairly good condition from YJA for almost $400 (ouch).  I think I'm just about caught up with the VF-25 renewals, but it would be great if I can get another 25G for the Tornado armor.

12 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Still available for $302 at nin-nin

Thanks for the heads up, I got one in.  WTF did I just do?  Lol.  The excitement reminds me of the debut of the '48 Yamato valkyrie oh so long ago...

2 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

^ This. Hopefully I won't have to, but if I must, then I must...I'm just glad that it's the only one I care about, I don't even want to think about getting the others...yikes. 

Seconded.  If I had to name ONE single valkyrie from the entire Macross universe that meant the most to me, it would be the Focker *TV* version in this DX form.  

Just now, rdrunner said:

I didn't get into Macross collection properly until 2015, so well past the time of the VF-25 renewals already.  IIRC the armors were never re-released.  I got a used set in fairly good condition from YJA for almost $400 (ouch).  I think I'm just about caught up with the VF-25 renewals, but it would be great if I can get another 25G for the Tornado armor.

I’ve been in it for 2 years and most of that has been waiting for this roy so...it’s something. I managed to snag a hell of a deal last year on alto’s 25 and tornado parts from Mandy before those started really climbing. I’ll get an armored Ozma one day but it’s for sure on the stupid person expense bucket list. That is unless they do a new issue 

Just now, myk said:

Thanks for the heads up, I got one in.  WTF did I just do?  Lol.  The excitement reminds me of the debut of the '48 Yamato valkyrie oh so long ago...

I wasn't there for that, I only came around here in November of 2006. But I DO remember the Yamato 1/60 V2 excitement, good times...

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

Seconded.  If I had to name ONE single valkyrie from the entire Macross universe that meant the most to me, it would be the Focker *TV* version in this DX form.  

I think it's a fair guess to say that this may be a popular line of thinking, and had a fair impact on how bad this particular night was.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

GODDAMMIT! I step away for a few minutes to take a shower and it goes up at Amiami! And after F5ing for two hours!! Argh!

Same, except I hit the bathroom when HLJ's popped  up and I am not touching nin nin

Just now, Bahamutzyro said:

Got one at nin as well. Never ordered from them before. Are they reliable?

Hard to say at this point, but here's how it went down tonight:

Before 3am Eastern:  15,840 yen (status = soon available).  No one was able to order at this price.

2:55am Eastern:  Released for first round preorder at 17,800 yen.  Lasted a few mins.

Then for the next couple hours, we saw steady increases in the price (each time about 2000 yen or so) and each round of these POs will be sold out in minutes.

We are now at 31,490 for the last 30 mins or more now, where the price seems to have finally stopped going up.

The question is: do you believe they have enough stock to cover these 6 rounds of PO?  If you were them trying to maximize profits, and don't have enough stock, who might get their POs cancelled?

Nin nin is pretty shady. You may get your order, you may not. Obviously, *some* people have ordered without issues, since if they never honored a single order they would find themselves out of business real quick.

They will however cancel an order if they feel that they can turn around and sell it again at a higher price.