Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I honestly gave Nin-nin a shot, but I was stuck in a loop of the "add to cart" button never registering anything but that I already had one in the cart... except the cart was empty.

I don't think any site I tried tonight actually loaded past the cart button.

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

OOF.

Makes me feel alot better about getting one @$225 USD. 

the math geek in me is trying to remember what the step price changes were to see if it's a linear increase or some sort of % age hike every step... 

First preorder hell and ngl it’s all it’s taken to change me to ‘I’m just gonna buy any other valks on Mandy or Jungle where I’ve gotten my others’. I’m done with this stress. Not worth it. I’ve dealt with a lot of figure preorder bullshit but this is stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Jello said:

I'm guessing demand for a legioss is a lot less than these bandai DX's. So you're prolly competing with scalpers.

either that or sentinel just makes a crap ton of them??

Oh its popular, as it was sold out on release day, and i don’t think sentinel produced more legioss than bandai producing vfs, my bet is that they have less scalpers doing sentinel stuff due to price point. Most scaplers want low risk high return stuff, bandai stuff are generally cheaper than the competition thus attract a lot of scalpers and collectors willing to pay up to $100 more for a toy they could no get on PO night, thus its seems lucrative. Of course these are my own observations over the years of macross collecting.

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Maybe nin-nin is buying from the scalpers to scalp to us? Thus when they exhaust a certain price point they move to the next?

There are really two options. They split their stock into increasing batch sizes and are trying to suss out the highest they can get away with based on how fast it goes, or they are just planning to buy as much secondary market stock as they can on release day to fill orders. Probably number 2

Holy crap.. it went through with no loading.. I'll probably have to update the address later, but wow, spamming F5 might have paid off.

Still up after checkout, maybe the bots are sleepy by this point

Edited by Chronocidal

damn.  I have to keep refreshing the cart and when it finally went to the circle loading page, a login screen popped up (with pre-filled login credentials), but by the time I got through, they were all gone (can you say cart-jacked?)

Eh.  Worse case scenario you pay scalper prices on fleabay but hey...if you want it badly enough the price is meaningless...

Just now, yami4ct said:

This literally might be the worst collecting experience I have ever had. Holy crap. SOCs, Limited Edition figuarts, hell even con exclusive transformers better than this 

welcome to Macross preorder hell. This literally happens almost every Bandai DX Chogokin drop.
There were a few exceptions but for the vast majority they were like this.