Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

Yeah, it is ridiculous, but I was serious when I said I'd call to have that site put up here as buyer beware in a sticky, if it hasn't been done already, I never checked, lol. 

To be fair, during previous POs when Shizuka and others were very active in posting live links to PO pages, they had labeled Nin nin game as a seller with "questionable reputation".  Were they ever my first choice to order from?  Absolutely not.  But I have had good buying experience with them over the last year (better than another company that gets discussed a lot here), and so I thought I would place a PO and see what happens.  Worst situation, is a drawn out fight with them with CC company stepping in to enforce a refund.  But if they are really going to play the bait-and-switch game, that will be it with them for all of us.

I think what we should do around PO date is to let other know how each of our orders turned out, and try to take a count of any PO cancellations, as solid data for future users when they decide whether to PO with them.

Calling it off for me as its nearly 2am PST.   

Will be back to do it again for the the pre-order madness for the DX YF-21 or any new HMR.

Congrats to those that got orders in for the DX Vf-1s Roy (TV version). :good:

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Calling it off for me as its nearly 2am PST.   

Will be back to do it again for the the pre-order madness for the DX YF-21 or any new HMR.

Congrats to those that got orders in for the DX Vf-1s Roy (TV version). :good:

good night!

2 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

^ This is why I love Paypal. 

I just pay via credit card... They'll give you a *much* longer period, rather than just 180 days.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just pay via credit card... They'll give you a *much* longer period, rather than just 180 days.

If I had paid PayPal credit I might have been OK with that price point :(

(but not at 16.9% APR)

Edited by RedComet

Just now, Tenbatsu said:

Me too. Time will tell, any pranks from them and I will just do a charge back with the bank.

same here. 

But the silver lining (assuming the worst for now) to all this is that, we have a credible group size to give future MWF users feedback on this company, on how reliable they have been, and either way, I believe it will be useful data for others to make PO decisions in the future.  We just have to be diligent to report back on our PO experience with Nin Nin in November.

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

If I had paid PayPal credit I might have been OK with that price point :(

(but not at 16.9% APR)

Well, it's only 16.9% APR if you don't pay in full every month.

But yeah that'd sting the ol' wallet if it's not paid off.

7 minutes ago, yami4ct said:

I assume PayPal will back me up if nin nin try to frakk me later?

How does that 180 days work with preorders months out

Yeah, I’ve had to get money back from ninnin before. But if they do deliver, you’re good to go!

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Welp.. we'll see how this goes for the next few months.

Right now, it's looking better to just repaint one of my Hikaru 1S copies.  Will match the fast packs better anyway. <_< 

Look on the bright side, at least you actually have one, I've been sitting this out the whole time for this one shot. :p

Edited by Kyp Durron

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

Look on the bright side, at least you actually have one, I've been sitting this out the whole time for this one shot. :p

Yeah, I can get that.. I feel like lots of people took that same tactic.  Though, I resigned myself to overpay in the first place, so I'm going to keep poking the reputable shops up until release day.

14 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Man, they must have done theirs real early...

For once they opened on time or slightly earlier, also they have not opened for the marked up price though.

on a separate note, why can’t ordering a bandai dx be as easy as ordering a sentinel legioss, no pre order madness and po opened for days

1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

They would probably try and blag you with a MacDonalds lol

Oh no, I won't let them play that with me, it's going take more than them saying "Give my baby some extra cheese on that bigmac." and then turn and wink at me and smile. No, I want real food at a real restaurant, I'm high maintenance. 

Yeah. With that length of PayPal protection should be zero risk here. Only way I can get screwed is price difference from when they start showing up on Mandy and when they decide to give me a cancellation. If they try to frakk around I’ll just PayPal dispute 

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

For once they opened on time or slightly earlier, also they have not opened for the marked up price though.

on a separate note, why can’t ordering a bandai dx be as easy as ordering a sentinel legioss, no pre order madness and po opened for days

I'm guessing demand for a legioss is a lot less than these bandai DX's. So you're prolly competing with scalpers.

either that or sentinel just makes a crap ton of them??

Just now, MacrossDYRL said:

Whew, finally got one through Nin-nin @ 23,490Y... I was sitting at the spinny circle of death for god knows how long.  Hearing all these stories about potential cancelled orders doesn't give me much confidence though.

Grats to all who got theirs!

31,490 now... haha

I think they will catch up with the AJ scalper prices in about 30 minutes.