Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Having been scammed by Chinese ebay sellers a few times before, I am not too worried about not being able to get my money back through my CC company.  But Lolicon is right that the signs are all out there - they are now on to the 6th round of price increase now (26,490 yen), and there's no sign of stopping...

Well, I've already paid for it, I'll see about getting one from somewhere else that has a pay later option to hedge my bets. If not, then what will be will be I guess.

3 minutes ago, SaitouSad said:

Please tell me these guys accept Paypal?

According to the FAQ section: Yes.

"When do you charge the transaction?

The payment of an order (in stock or in pre-order) is charged immediately."

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Nobody actually got one for THIS price right? That was just them messing with us right?

Don't think so. More likely some people got in on the $180's

Edited by Vertex

2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Nobody actually got one for THIS price right? That was just them messing with us right?

Screenshot 2020-07-02 22.55.18.png

They jacked it up to about $170-180 about half an hour before the listing went live, IIRC. I think I saw the price go back and forth for a while, like they couldn't make up their minds how much to mark up. 

Edited by gingaio

Just now, gingaio said:

They jacked it up to about $170-180 about half an hour before the listing went live, IIRC.

Yup I think I got in on the first wave at 17,800 yen.  For some reason I think that puts me in the highest risk category now, lol

Man. I’m starting to regret ordering from them. Saw it and quickly pulled the trigger. Should have just waited and took my chances with mandy. :( knew they weren’t good because of my past experience but didn’t count on not getting it at all

2 minutes ago, gingaio said:

They jacked it up to about $170-180 about half an hour before the listing went live, IIRC. I think I saw the price go back and forth for a while, like they couldn't make up their minds how much to mark up. 

they're up to 28,490 now, haha.

Just now, borgified said:

Manda is a secondary store @yami4ct so you get one on release date. 

Again assuming I get one at all and they don’t dick me around with my refund or try to give me store credit. Having $260 floating out there is a fair bit 

2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Wow, check out Yahoo Japan auctions! I really HOPE this is real cause I bought it haha. But maybe the rest of you can snag similar deals?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r391080923

Might want to check again, that's QTY 6 for ¥190,000 or almost $2000.

2 minutes ago, yami4ct said:

Man. I’m starting to regret ordering from them. Saw it and quickly pulled the trigger. Should have just waited and took my chances with mandy. :( knew they weren’t good because of my past experience but didn’t count on not getting it at all

I think most of us know what risks we were taking or what we are walking into when we ordered.  And like someone said above, you can always hedge your bets with an order in the first couple days from Manda or somewhere at a slightly marked up price.  

I blame Bandai and this PO madness for forcing some of us to take risks with our POs, just to maximize our chances of securing one.

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

I think most of us know what risks we were taking or what we are walking into when we ordered.  And like someone said above, you can always hedge your bets with an order in the first couple days from Manda or somewhere at a slightly marked up price.  

I blame Bandai and this PO madness for forcing some of us to take risks with our POs, just to maximize our chances of securing one.

More just worried the refund process is gonna be a nightmare when I have to order one from Mandy later. 

Edited by yami4ct

Just now, RedComet said:

Oh $#!T I thought it was one for 19,000!! Ahhhh! Dammit! That was clicking too fast :vava:

Forget about it.  Worst comes to worst, they leave you negative feedback for deadbeat bidding.  No big loss.

Just now, rdrunner said:

Yeah, it is ridiculous, but I was serious when I said I'd call to have that site put up here as buyer beware in a sticky, if it hasn't been done already, I never checked, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Fisitron said:

What’s the cancellation policy at Sugo Toys?

Cancellation Fee

• The non-refundable deposit placed to secure your order will be used as the cancellation fee. If a deposit was not required at checkout (e.g Payment Plan/Full Payment), then a 15% of the total item value will be used as the cancellation fee.
  • A cancellation fee is required regardless if the order cancellation was completed by the customer or by Sugo Toys due to insufficient funds or overdue payment for more than 30 days.
  • 3 days grace period: If you disagree with the terms of this agreement or changed your mind, then you may cancel your order without penalty if it is within 3 days of placing it. The non-refundable deposit will be refunded in full within 2-5 business days. 

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Oh $#!T I thought it was one for 19,000!! Ahhhh! Dammit! That was clicking too fast :vava:

Hdf sir...

Well if you go through with it I guess I can buy one from you. I meant to sleep through tonight but my brain woke me up so I could strike out everywhere and be irritated as with every other Bandai PO lol

1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Cancellation Fee

• The non-refundable deposit placed to secure your order will be used as the cancellation fee. If a deposit was not required at checkout (e.g Payment Plan/Full Payment), then a 15% of the total item value will be used as the cancellation fee.
  • A cancellation fee is required regardless if the order cancellation was completed by the customer or by Sugo Toys due to insufficient funds or overdue payment for more than 30 days.
  • 3 days grace period: If you disagree with the terms of this agreement or changed your mind, then you may cancel your order without penalty if it is within 3 days of placing it. The non-refundable deposit will be refunded in full within 2-5 business days. 

So if you cancel within 3 days it’s all good? I impulse sped through checkout then realized how overcharge they are and was hoping I could cancel