Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Sandman said:

That site's payment plan is crazy. First payment of $75 and 2 payments of $212. That adds up more than their list price.

I did say the price is a little high lol i've paid £50 for a deposit now so can relax and not pay anything till november.

1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

That would guarantee me never using them again, and at that point, I'd vote to have them put on a blacklist here. 

If that's the game they are playing, it is a very dangerous one indeed.  But do note that some fellow MWF members have warned us about them before, and so you need to know what risk you are taking to PO a high-demand item with them.  I hope everything works out for all of us who PO'd this with them.  Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Good thing is I did not pre order this as I was not really into Roy’s vf-1s, already have an arcadia one. Thebad thing is, if this is how preorders are going these days, how am I going to get the YF-21 when it opens for preorder, as that is the one I really want.

you hope for that one to be TWE ^_^

Just now, Guyffon said:

Good thing is I did not pre order this as I was not really into Roy’s vf-1s, already have an arcadia one. Thebad thing is, if this is how preorders are going these days, how am I going to get the YF-21 when it opens for preorder, as that is the one I really want.

Yeah I already have an extensive Yamato VF-1 collection at 1/60 scale, so it's not too big a deal for me to say F*** Bandai and their 1/48 crap. But I do want the DX YF-21!

3 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Damn, Nin-Nin is now up to $254.07

That's what I said.  I just took it so I don't have to (hopefully) think about it until it ships.  Never ordered from them before so I hope this will be a good experience.

6 minutes ago, Vexxet said:

well i hope i get one, but its only my fault because I was probably one of the first guys on nin nin originally and screwed up by adding 2 to my cart... then i got two factor authorization crap from amazon, then refreshed ami ami...

You're not the only one - I also added three in the first round and missed out by the time I had removed two. On the second release, I was lucky and made sure I only clicked on the Add to Cart button once. 

Had hoped to snag a second one but will count my blessings as I know how it hurts to miss out totally as I did with the previous VF1s PO.  

5 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I already have an extensive Yamato VF-1 collection at 1/60 scale, so it's not too big a deal for me to say F*** Bandai and their 1/48 crap. But I do want the DX YF-21!

I'm waiting for that one actually.

Keep Okini open guys, as you might get one there - https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

Managed to get one in at HLJ. They came through for me with Hikaru's 1S (the irony of having to join the PO rush while in Japan for the Crossover Live), so happy I got Roy's too. Hope those who missed out can get one around release date.

Just now, Kyp Durron said:

Guess I and several others will be finding out in November then. I'll worry about it then. 

Having been scammed by Chinese ebay sellers a few times before, I am not too worried about not being able to get my money back through my CC company.  But Lolicon is right that the signs are all out there - they are now on to the 6th round of price increase now (26,490 yen), and there's no sign of stopping...

13 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

These Bandai pre-orders really do seem to get worse and worse with each release. I don't get why there's even a pre-order if they decide to make a miniscule amount that won't even satisfy 10% of the demand. These things are literally selling out in seconds each time. You'd think someone would have a clue and say "hey, we should make more!"

But the boss probably says, "more profits?! Fired for that crazy talk!"

lol.

employee: boss these these news dx vf1 will sell like hot cakes. we sell millions. I tell ya.

boss: millions!? nonsense. we are only making 10 and selling them! then I can buy lunch. profits be damned

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

No guarantees at any price with them.

Have people here had that experience with valks? Sorry thread moves really fast. Only experience I’ve had is them jacking up shipping on a TWE after it came out for my order. What’s the word on shipping times? Do they leave you hanging or is it at least a fast cancellation 

20 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I think I buy into the theory that Macross products just isn't Bandai's thing, and they make only enough to meet the small market compared to gundams.  The HG situation does not help either surely.  But most important of all, and this is only my impression and I wish I could prove it, is that there are just more scalpers out there more than ever.  Perhaps the extend of scalping can be "measured" by looking at how quickly the second market prices dip as we get close to release date.  

You should ask for a refund.

It might have been like that a few years ago, but not really anymore.

Bandai's been capping stuff across almost their entire high-end desirable toys in the last few five or so years now:

Metal Build Gundams

Metal Build Mazingers

Metal Build EVAs

GFFMC Gundams 

SOC GoLion

SOC Mazingers

DX Chogokin Macross VF-1

As such, even when they do cap stuff, some (or possibly more) of their toys do become shelf-warmers and unwanted stuff, anyway. 

That said, I think we're all just competing against the scalpers these past few years. 

Both old scalpers and new scalpers.

Both here in the West, and alot more over there in Asia.

Edited by treatment