Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, Actar said:

Sigh, got one in the cart at AmiAmi, but...

Currently we do not have enough qty for this item to cover your order.
Please go back to the cart, and process again.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

My bladder woke me at the perfect moment to place an order in.

Keep checking.  Occasionally a few free up.... if past experience is any indication.

2 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I've just pre ordered one through Sugo Toys if anyone still needs one. Price is a little high but you can just pay the deposit and pay later. https://sugotoys.com.au/product/bandai-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special/

Thanks for the extra option.  I am sure it will help someone.  It's just that personally, I believe that the first week second market price will be a little bit below $282, but you have to jump on it fast in say the first or second day of release.  Option and time costs.

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

It is a real risk, because they appear to have like 4 or 5 rounds of PO with tiered pricing.  If I were them, it would be an easy thing to do to cancel the cheaper POs and go with the later ones, so if you're at $225 I don't think you have as much to worry about anyway, haha

well i hope i get one, but its only my fault because I was probably one of the first guys on nin nin originally and screwed up by adding 2 to my cart... then i got two factor authorization crap from amazon, then refreshed ami ami...

4 minutes ago, Vexxet said:

you guys serious about Nin Nin pulling your PO and giving you store credit?  thats messed up and now im worried i bought one of the 225$ ones...

They better not pull that crap, I used Paypal, I'll get my money back if they try pulling those shenanigans. 

I am hoping I got mine from HLJ. Of all of the releases.... Crossing my fingers this one comes through. The others I got as far as payment. Then glitches, then shows the "order stop status" in my cart.... If it shows up in my warehouse, does that mean it went through??? I haven't ordered anything from them in a long while.

Just now, gingaio said:

Just curious...what happened with HLJ? It looked frozen once the listing came up. Did it just start working normally 20 minutes later or something like that? 

Yeah, so it seems like it was first in the pre order page but not a real page made yet

These Bandai pre-orders really do seem to get worse and worse with each release. I don't get why there's even a pre-order if they decide to make a miniscule amount that won't even satisfy 10% of the demand. These things are literally selling out in seconds each time. You'd think someone would have a clue and say "hey, we should make more!"

But the boss probably says, "more profits?! Fired for that crazy talk!"

Just now, Vexxet said:

well i hope i get one, but its only my fault because I was probably one of the first guys on nin nin originally and screwed up by adding 2 to my cart... then i got two factor authorization crap from amazon, then refreshed ami ami...

I want to shake your hand sir because that's almost exactly what happened to me.  I got in on nin-nin at 17,800 (and now my worry meter has gone up since they are on their 4th or 5th round of POs), and failed with amazon exactly because of the two factor authorization....:unknw:

8 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

They better not pull that crap, I used Paypal, I'll get my money back if they try pulling those shenanigans. 

what im worried about is they charge you right now.  you dont get the product for months and your credit card company and/or paypal might have a 90 day cancellation policy so nin nin could potentially force you into store credit.

7 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I've just pre ordered one through Sugo Toys if anyone still needs one. Price is a little high but you can just pay the deposit and pay later. https://sugotoys.com.au/product/bandai-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special/

That site's payment plan is crazy. First payment of $75 and 2 payments of $212. That adds up more than their list price.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

My bladder woke me at the perfect moment to place an order in.

Keep checking.  Occasionally a few free up.... if past experience is any indication.

mine woke me up 30 minutes late but at least it woke me up haha

3 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Congrats brother in Macross!

Thanks man!  Just saw that you got one too, awesome!

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

No luck for me. If I can't get Roy's valk at or close to retail price, then I think I might just say F U Bandai and just exit the 1/48 game altogether.

I am in the same boat as you. I would like at least 1 of the releases, just to have one. But I am not willing to pay those crazy prices.

26 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks for the extra option.  I am sure it will help someone.  It's just that personally, I believe that the first week second market price will be a little bit below $282, but you have to jump on it fast in say the first or second day of release.  Option and time costs.

Yeah nin nin were going up in price everytime they became available, so screw them. I'd rather secure one and worry about the cost at a later time. I only needed one anyway. I have prerordered from sugo previously.

Edited by TrickyCustomer

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I want to shake your hand sir because that's almost exactly what happened to me.  I got in on nin-nin at 17,800 (and now my worry meter has gone up since they are on their 4th or 5th round of POs), and failed with amazon exactly because of the two factor authorization....:unknw:

ill buy the beers.  i hope everyone eventually gets one that wants one.  great figure.

Just now, MacrossJunkie said:

These Bandai pre-orders really do seem to get worse and worse with each release. I don't get why there's even a pre-order if they decide to make a miniscule amount that won't even satisfy 10% of the demand. These things are literally selling out in seconds each time. You'd think someone would have a clue and say "hey, we should make more!"

But the boss probably says, "more profits?! Fired for that crazy talk!"

I think I buy into the theory that Macross products just isn't Bandai's thing, and they make only enough to meet the small market compared to gundams.  The HG situation does not help either surely.  But most important of all, and this is only my impression and I wish I could prove it, is that there are just more scalpers out there more than ever.  Perhaps the extend of scalping can be "measured" by looking at how quickly the second market prices dip as we get close to release date.  

1 minute ago, Vexxet said:

what im worried about is they charge you right now.  you dont get the product for months and your credit card company and/or paypal might have a 90 day cancellation policy so nin nin could potentially force you into store credit.

That would guarantee me never using them again, and at that point, I'd vote to have them put on a blacklist here. 

2 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Yeah, so it seems like it was first in the pre order page but not a real page made yet

Thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

Wow surprised I scored at HLJ. Even got my confirmation email. Over 1 hour of hitting F5 after the supposed preorder time actually paid off. 

So it seems HLJ started actually accepting orders a short time after the listing popped up. Interesting...

Good thing is I did not pre order this as I was not really into Roy’s vf-1s, already have an arcadia one. Thebad thing is, if this is how preorders are going these days, how am I going to get the YF-21 when it opens for preorder, as that is the one I really want.