Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Fell on the goal line :(  Home with 4 kids and the misses is working. Just before one of the small kids wanted some attention. Poof gone... know I’m a amateur at this ;)  congrats to you all who got one, well fought and well deserved :) 

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember when CDJapan would get like 100 of a new item and if you were ready, and someone gave you the link, you would see they were going down and in like 5 more minutes they'd be sold out? Those were the good ol' days.

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yeah that was what it was like during my first PO, the YF-19 FSP.  The DX VF-1J was also a breeze compared to this one.  Amiami didn't crash, and even allowed 2 per customer 

Shieet!

I still have 4500pts I am still unable to use coz they've gone HobbySearch-mode during po-nights like this...

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am assuming it did not go too badly.  I just got in an AmiAmi order in. WOOT

Nice congrats. I finally got 1 tonight thanks to gulan!

I think this was a bad PO. I didn't have any luck before his post.

Just now, Vertex said:

it is somewhat concerning that they appear to have more stock allocation than most of the other sites, and that they are doing this step-increase in prices by the minute.  Makes those of us who got in on the earlier waves feel a bit more risky... oh well.

I was able to add to cart with Nin Nin, but it says:

An item in your cart is no longer available in this quantity. You cannot proceed with your order until the quantity is adjusted.

Just now, jenius said:

I have never seen Nin nin say anything other than "Coming soon" and I'm quick on the draw. So strange.

After shipping it came out to be 251 if you convert payment via the CC I use. 260 if you use paypal's conversion rate. Too rich for my blood.

Does NY still do multiple batches at successively higher markups or is that the good (bad) old days gone by?

Edited by xrentonx

2 minutes ago, Vertex said:

Not a terrible markup. That's what my total was, with shipping to the states, when they first opened up. Almost guaranteed to be lower than whatever NY is going to post when they open up their second round.

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

24.5k is not a terrible mark-up... so for those who didn't get lucky with the PO, your best bet is to look on Mandarake or YJA the first couple of days and snatch one at around that price range if you can.

Indeed it is. Don't lose hope for the people here. There will be opportunity. And it was MW member here that reached out to me and offered a VF-1S for original price plus additionasl shipping as it had to go to their home then to mine. This community is awesome!