Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Same here, but it took me 25 minutes!!

Don't give up with AmiAmi

First it showed sold out but then I scored one!!

Man you guys where lucky, I was refreshing there without a problem when it was “opening soon” and then it just kicked me out.

Chris

Just now, jenius said:

Remember when CDJapan would get like 100 of a new item and if you were ready, and someone gave you the link, you would see they were going down and in like 5 more minutes they'd be sold out? Those were the good ol' days.

I got into this hobby around 2017 and I remember that... oh it was wonderful.

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah...... I feel like each PO is worse than the last with Bandai right now.

heh!

I was completely shut out everywhere on the Hikaru-1S the last time.  Can't remember if AmJ even region-blocked me on it or something.

This Roy-1S TV po was alot better. 

At least, to me.

2 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

We scored them from the same places! Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to leave anything to chance, so AJ is shipping mine to Tenso and I used PayPal for Nin-Nin. One false move and I would have been cart-jacked. (everybody drink!)

I have my California address as default, since the ones that aren't available with international shipping last long enough to switch to my Tenso address w/o issue.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Just now, jenius said:

Remember when CDJapan would get like 100 of a new item and if you were ready, and someone gave you the link, you would see they were going down and in like 5 more minutes they'd be sold out? Those were the good ol' days.

Yeah that was what it was like during my first PO, the YF-19 FSP.  The DX VF-1J was also a breeze compared to this one.  Amiami didn't crash, and even allowed 2 per customer 

When I moved last year I did update my shipping address at Ami Ami but not my payment address.

During checkout it showed my old address.  Wasn't going to leave that screen and risk losing it.   After confirmation I updated all my addresses. The order page still shows the old one.  I'll have to fix this by November :(.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

(* peeks in after waking up and going to the bathroom *)

I am afraid to ask how PO madness went.  I hope people had some good luck.

I am assuming it did not go too badly.  I just got in an AmiAmi order in. WOOT

Well, this marks the first PO in many years where I didn't get at least one unit. Only page that ever loaded for me with the add to cart button was HS of all places but got jacked as soon as I logged in. I was F5'ing pretty good too. Who checks out that fast?

If HLJ doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to pick one up myself in Japan... if travel restrictions are eased by then. :unknw:

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

(* peeks in after waking up and going to the bathroom *)

I am afraid to ask how PO madness went.  I hope people had some good luck.

Our luck has been all over the place, just reaffirming that we can't predict what's going to happen during PO Madness. NY opened early, several of us who've never landed POs got them, AE completely melted down. Cats and dogs living together. When will the madness end?

Edited by Anasazi37

This pre-order business has gotten way more brutal. I used to be able to score on CDJ every time...what happened?

Anyway I lucked out on Amiami...which I almost never do. Weird times.

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

I also recall that once the scalpers purchased a ton of the stock they started to have listing wars on price on the VF-1S Hikaru. I think I saw a few at about 24500 before all was said and done

1 minute ago, Los said:

Is there a secret for using a US address with Amazon JP?

Just now, Gwynne said:

You cant buy from third party sellers on amazon jp with a us adress.

So you actually can, but not all items (either sold by AJ directly or 3rd party) are available for international shipping.

The short version is to just have your address in the address book and see if a given item is available. Ones with "Prime" shipping are more likely to be available for international shipping.

7 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Scored at amiami.

It was in my cart for like 40 minutes trying to check out.  Here is my theory.  Once it is in your cart, you have it for a certain time.  As long as you are making progress along the path, they will let you keep it in your cart.  My theory is that there is a timeout where they clear your cart and put it back into gen pop, that's why they become available again.

It was in my cart for like 20 minutes not letting me proceed.  Then it let me go to payments but sat there for another 20 minutes because there were too many users for me to check out.  So I just kept trying to pay and eventually it worked.

Good luck all.  This is enough to turn people off the hobby.

Got one from Amazon.co.jp this time but this has also been my experience with AmiAmi. Once it's in your cart, just keep trying to check out serially from the same session. Don't open a bunch of browsers/tabs and keep refreshing in parallel as this sometimes leads to your cart being reset.

2 minutes ago, Los said:

Is there a secret for using a US address with Amazon JP?

No secret that I'm aware of, they just sometimes don't permit items to be shipped to the US. I keep two addresses on the site: my US one and a Tenso one. The latter is useful for items only sold in Japan. You still have to pay Tenso to ship the item to you, and they aren't cheap, but sometimes it's totally worth it.

Just now, Alphahorizon said:

I also recall that once the scalpers purchased a ton of the stock they started to have listing wars on price on the VF-1S Hikaru. I think I saw a few at about 24500 before all was said and done

24.5k is not a terrible mark-up... so for those who didn't get lucky with the PO, your best bet is to look on Mandarake or YJA the first couple of days and snatch one at around that price range if you can.