Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

man i'm feeling so rusty at my PO game... the last truly successful PO I had was way back in July 2018 for the DX 1J.  I got lucky with the Max 1A only because Amazon JP posted it late (and mostly, Valkyrie23 who very generously shared the link here promptly), so I caught the 15 minute window when it was available.  

I think it's going to be much, much harder this time round...

Edited by rdrunner

Just now, Valkyrie23 said:

I'm Not ready yet!

Dear Sir, your good deeds were not forgotten, thanks to your amazon JP link way back in April 2019, I managed to score two Max 1A's at MSRP plus 1,200 yen Amazon DHL shipping.  I still owe you for that one:hail::hail:

I have only managed to get the DX 1J on preorder. 

Then TV Max, at a mark up. I refused to get the the DYRL 1S due to its insane mark up. We will se what happens tonight.

Edited by vlenhoff

Just now, vlenhoff said:

I haveonly managed to get the DX 1J on preorder. 

Then TV Max, at a mark up. I refused to get the the DYRL 1S due to its insane mark up. We will se what happens tonight.

I was on the sidelines for the DYRL 1S preorder, and saw from a distance what an absolute s-show it was, especially with the virtual ticket system or crashes with some of the retailers.  

For the DX line I am going to stick with a strict "TV only" policy, and I am also not a fan of the M&M designs, so I think I really only need the Vermillion squadron, Focker's 1S, and the 1D, that's it... oh and the eventual TV super packs and the GBP.

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

For the DX line I am going to stick with a strict "TV only" policy, and I am also not a fan of the M&M designs, so I think I really only need the Vermillion squadron, Focker's 1S, and the 1D, that's it... oh and the eventual TV super packs and the GBP.

Same here, but i might not even get fastpacks. I just want Kakizake and Roy's. I do have a very soft spot for the DYRL 1S, maybe because of the Jetfire colors. [yes they are inverted i know] A 1D would be so boss!

Edited by vlenhoff
Correction: i do like the M&M livery. I have a set in every scale.

1 minute ago, tjdetweiler said:

Maybe they will show it tomorrow - looks like there is a tamashii nations exhibition tomorrow

18 minutes ago, borgified said:

On the sidelines tonight, but getting ready for the eventual DX YF-21 pre-orders @rdrunner should it happen soon.

Is it wrong that I actually want a YF-21 more??  I mean don't get me wrong... I want it ALL... but yeah...  Guld is a crazy mofo.

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Same here, but i might not even get fastpacks. I just want Kakizake and Roy's. I do have a very soft spot for the DYRL 1S, maybe because of the Jetfire colors. [yes they are inverted i know]

Funny you should mention Jetfire, because I got hooked to Macross when it started airing in 1982 (at least 2 years before Transformers), so to me the original toy is the Takatoku Valkyrie.  It wasn't until a few years later when I saw jetfire being packaged as an autobot transformer, complete with a blunted nosecone, and so found it quite hard to understand the fandom for this autobot toy design.  I guess it really depends on which one you come across first.

1 minute ago, tjdetweiler said:

Maybe they will show it tomorrow - looks like there is a tamashii nations exhibition tomorrow

Hopefully it will be shown and will see any announcements of the long awaited HMR updates

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Is it wrong that I actually want a YF-21 more??  I mean don't get me wrong... I want it ALL... but yeah...  Guld is a crazy mofo.

I do have the DX YF-19 Full Set on display and it's just fitting that the DX YF-21 should follow up.

Isamu and Guld battle continues in the display case. ;) 

Get your drinks and lists ready! 

3 minutes ago, Mac said:

which is the preferred site to PO. Amiami, NY, or CDJapan?

The one that doesn't crash when you click on it.. :diablo:

That's my final answer. 

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

which is the preferred site to PO. Amiami, NY, or CDJapan?

I think we have different preferences for a number of retailers based on prior experience, but for something as high in demand as a DX release, I would suggest that you register/login to as many reliable online merchants as you can, well before 3am, and keep an eye out for any alerts in this post.

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I keep telling myself I'll limit myself, but then I keep falling for every pre-order.  I really do want a VF-1D and VT-1, but I might stop before getting M&Ms with this series.

A VF-1D or VT-1 DX??......scary tot for my willpower!!:vava:

Just now, Syro said:

Is something special required for AmiAmi other than entering you CC info?

Tip: They are going to ask you to log in again. So you might get cut off from completing your order.