Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

46 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What's with the 20 million questions noobs?  Just sit back, hang out here and enjoy the ride.  You'll see people posting the info you need, I promise.  Be great if you could contribute back as well.

Lol! So much of this. If one has been through one Bandai PO (as a matter of fact, any Macross Bandai PO), one would have enough information needed for this.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I’m with you! Will be choosing something later.

54B62070-3414-467C-858F-CC7FD8817D10.jpeg.be486c9cc219a80a2b138c81f7070d24.jpeg

@Octopus Prime FWIW, I believe you are not the seller but either way, I wouldn’t buy from that seller so it doesn’t matter to me. I just think it’s interesting the reaction you got since I do see your post as a genuine attempt to contribute. Others have shared links for higher priced listings before and for some, it is worth it to get it out of the way without a hassle. I think we all know that plenty will be sold later on (probably to people on this forum) for much more than that listing. The main thing you should know is this is a great community as you’ve probably seen but they can be tough at times. Your attempt to help probably wasn't received well because people feel they will be able to get a better deal. Again, we’ve all seen what happens to some people when they don’t get the deal they hoped for. 

Anyways, Just sit back, post more about your love for this Macross collecting and it will all be good. Hell, some people here think I work for NY so whatever, it’s all in good fun. :good:

What??? You don't run NY???

:lol::lol:

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

Put Bushmills on your list as well @Slave IV.

My cousin who is studying in Ireland for her Doctoral Degree, introduced it to the rest of the family cousins when she came back in October for a short visit. 

It's 12am for us in the West Coast @Roy Focker (San Fran, LA, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver (both in Washington State and British Columbia), Victoria etc.)  

@HG Blows -  You might get lucky and score one at Amiami if the servers don't crash on you. :vava:

12am Arizona too!

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, if I did they would be out of business already because I would have hoarded and claimed their entire stock for my own collection.

I'd say the same thing so that the members here won't flood my inbox asking where their orders are. Smart move but we're on to you. :p

28 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I'd say the same thing so that the members here won't flood my inbox asking where their orders are. Smart move but we're on to you. :p

Lol, it's funny that anyone even thinks they are intentionally not sending their orders though. They have just as often or probably more often sent out orders on the day of release than they have delayed shipping for more than a week or so. I seriously doubt any business would purposely sit on product that is already sold and ready to ship. They seem to have a different supply chain that may have to do with them being on a separate island compared to other shops. It's mostly high demand Bandai items or items that are universally delayed by the manufacturer that they seem to have trouble getting out promptly. Don't know and don't really care as long as they deliver though.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, it's funny that anyone even thinks they are intentionally not sending their orders though. They have just as often or probably more often sent out orders on the day of release than they have delayed shipping for more than a week or so. I seriously doubt any business would purposely sit on product that is already sold and ready to ship. They seem to have a different supply chain that may have to do with them being on a separate island compared to other shops. It's mostly high demand Bandai items or items that are universally delayed by the manufacturer that they seem to have trouble getting out promptly. Don't know and don't really care as long as they deliver though.

...Explain why they still haven't shipped my VF-4. It was 6 weeks between when when it released and when service to the US was suspended. That's 6 weeks where they didn't ship it out.

Either they sat on it, or they oversold their stock and were waiting to get more in. For 6 weeks. In either case it's frankly not good business, moreso when their communication with the customer is so abjectly terrible.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

...Explain why they still haven't shipped my VF-4. It was 6 weeks between when when it released and when service to the US was suspended. That's 6 weeks where they didn't ship it out.

Either they sat on it, or they oversold their stock and were waiting to get more in. For 6 weeks. In either case it's frankly not good business, moreso when their communication with the customer is so abjectly terrible.

I don't know, my HMR VF-4 shipped out from NY before most other shops even charged or sent shipment notifications. between your 2 explanations, I'd say the latter is more likely. I don't think anyone would argue that it wouldn't be better if they sent out notices about delays other than even if they did, people would still complain, it would take up more time and resources that they seem to lack and the end result of when you get your item will not change. 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Put Bushmills on your list as well @Slave IV.

My cousin who is studying in Ireland for her Doctoral Degree, introduced it to the rest of the family cousins when she came back in October for a short visit. 

It's 12am for us in the West Coast @Roy Focker (San Fran, LA, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver (both in Washington State and British Columbia), Victoria etc.)  

@HG Blows -  You might get lucky and score one at Amiami if the servers don't crash on you. :vava:

Yep, always a good idea to keep some Bushmills around. My wife and I became fans after a trip to Ireland many years ago. I used to live in Tennessee and the local Bourbon selection was amazing since Kentucky was right next door. I don't have that here, but what we do get isn't too shabby.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yep, always a good idea to keep some Bushmills around. My wife and I became fans after a trip to Ireland many years ago. I used to live in Tennessee and the local Bourbon selection was amazing since Kentucky was right next door. I don't have that here, but what we do get isn't too shabby.

Will grab some on my next run. Always good to have a variety of drinks on hand! My cabinet could be empty by the end of the night too:lol:

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I had a similar experience with NY. Years before the pandemic, they sat on some old, in-stock HMRs for about 3-4 weeks. I even messaged them to make sure they were in stock, and they were. Never got a good explanation for why it took nearly a month between payment and sending of toys. 

Never again with that place--haven't been tempted to consider them again, even for preorder nights. And these days, no single business is indispensable for getting our stuff.  

Edited by gingaio

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don't know, my HMR VF-4 shipped out from NY before most other shops even charged or sent shipment notifications. 

Employment has its benefits..........BOOM!:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help it.:D

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I don't know any of the below as fact. But I'm going to present it as that because "The Internet".:D

This right here is the main reason that I cut NY loose. It's obvious that they constantly over sell what they have allocated and then figure out how to fill those orders later. With their margins, it's not a bad plan.....for them. From the standpoint of a customer this irks me.

They also ship out of order too. Did anyone that got in on the first SSP PO get theirs in December (or was that January)? They're clearly giving preferential treatment to I'm guessing their domestic customers. We've also seen people post their order numbers showing that they did not get shipped out in order. Sometimes way off. Yeah, I get their "bundling" policies. But that doesn't explain most situations.

Lastly their "store credit" policies are ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, crackpot said:

DAMN IT! SOC Voltes V is tonight also?!

Hilarious. Bandai didn't think tonight would be hard enough for us, so they're going to throw in a DX SOC that most of us have been waiting, what, two decades for? 

Edited by gingaio