Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Going to be right there with the rest of you for the blood bath, if I can't get one, I'll post a WTB on the forums while looking for any other chances to get one. I will also be wanting the Hikaru version of this as well. VF-1D will also be an insta buy as well as any stealth/low-vis paint versions of the VF-1. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Is our resident feline going to pass this madness since you have commitments to take care of? Will be thinking of you during this ruckus and hope that you will be ready to join in the battle when the next one arrives (possibly for the DX YF-21).

I will likely have to pass on this coming pre-order madness.

While my mom's surgery and radiation therapy are now over, she is still experiencing some weakness and lack of vitality due to the lingering side-effects of the radiation.  She also might have incurred some skin cancer due to the aforementioned radiation therapy (will be seeing a doctor in 2 weeks to get that looked at).  Mom is now on chemo therapy (which has its own slew of side-effects), and will be for quite some time.

Given her current health and my need to help care for her, I unfortunately doubt I can attend Thursday night's event.  (sigh)

However, I do hope that everyone here on MWF will be able to get their VF-1S pre-orders in successfully! 

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

48 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

While my mom's surgery and radiation therapy are now over, she is still experiencing some weakness and lack of vitality due to the lingering side-effects of the radiation.  She also might have incurred some skin cancer due to the aforementioned radiation therapy (will be seeing a doctor in 2 weeks to get that looked at).  Mom is now on chemo therapy (which has its own slew of side-effects), and will be for quite some time.

Given her current health and my need to help care for her, I unfortunately doubt I can attend Thursday night's event.  (sigh)

However, I do hope that everyone here on MWF will be able to get their VF-1S pre-orders in successfully! 

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Thanks and most importantly...Take care of your mom!

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

All the best to you and your mother.

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Praying for you and your mom!

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Thank you, please take care of your mum and yourself. 

I just wanted to say thank you for all the well-wishes I have received, both in this thread and via private messages.

MWF has such a lovely community within it!  (* many cat purrs and tuna fish to you all *)

Be healthy, stay safe, and good luck in Pre-Order Madness 2020!

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Having gone through that ordeal with Mom I can relate. Things are happening so fast and you cant quite digest everything that is going on.  All the things that seemed important, really aren't. A helpful distraction when you needed it. 

Please take care of Mom and yourself. Cherish all the time you can spend with her. Walks, talks, naps and meals. I miss Mom everyday. 

Best of luck to you and your family. 

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

This seems to be working for me on YouTube: 

Hope this isnt a case of the final Yellow doesn't look like the prototype Yellow!  :o

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Take care and best wishes shizuka, you got your priorities right.

Edited by seti88

23 hours ago, moose said:

So they more then likely will not be able to fulfill the order dam . I have never been able to snag any of them expect for the first one vf 1a after they and even before that it's been imposible. I get stuck with nippon yassin

There pre order stays open for quite a but as some people feel they are not reliable, and plus the fact that you have to pay in full 1st. Only bought e Yf-29 30th anniversary ver from them and that was because they had it in stock. That said a few guys have bought from them without problems. 

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Thanks and we'll all miss you and all of your amazing help! Please take care.

So far I'm 0 for 2 on these DX preorders. Here's hoping the third time is the charm. This is the 1 I really want and will pay extra for.

14 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good luck everyone!

- Shizuka the Cat

Take care and wishing you and your mom all the best.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

54070526_img01(1)_LI.jpg.3284bbd6f4769aee3da2e518d8d0557a.jpg

sigh i cant see past the different yellow shades...i know it could just be a photo or print issue, but....gah...i dont know how i would feel if the release has different yellow shades...

or maybe special means a shiny golden roy...

I wouldn't worry, I don't think Yamato, Arcadia, or Bandai have ever screwed up a paint scheme to that degree, let alone Roy's. 

2 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

I thought the yellow strips on the hands were reflective strips similar to those seen on aircraft (like the ones on the side of the VF nose section), and the same for all VF-1 schemes - if so, that pale yellow is correct?

Yeah the things that show up as pale yellow are marked as “lights“ in diagrams I looked at, just like the two darker red circles by the ankle or the metallic red on the wing and tail tips. As someone who stressed out a lot over what color Roy yellow should be, I still want to emphasize that I am 95% confident that they used “Reaction Missile Tip Yellow” for the Roy Special trim.

D9D81C57-992D-4E9D-9652-4BBBB2520AC6.gif

19 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Did anyone noticed that the arrows on the head on the toy prototype in Mr K’s office is black? Thought it was supposed to be yellow?

Yellow head marks are for DYRL, black for TV. I think it has been accepted that the first preview shots simply had an error in them.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

54070526_img01(1)_LI.jpg.3284bbd6f4769aee3da2e518d8d0557a.jpg

sigh i cant see past the different yellow shades...i know it could just be a photo or print issue, but....gah...i dont know how i would feel if the release has different yellow shades...

or maybe special means a shiny golden roy...

That chest color does seem a bit too orange to me too.

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Did anyone noticed that the arrows on the head on the toy prototype in Mr K’s office is black? Thought it was supposed to be yellow?

40 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Yellow head marks are for DYRL, black for TV. I think it has been accepted that the first preview shots simply had an error in them.

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's TV version, it's supposed to be black. The prototype had yellow and people were worried they got it wrong.

hmmm.

piggybacking on the previous marked pic...

54070526_img01(1)_LI.jpg.3284bbd6f4769aee3da2e518d8d0557a-green-arrows.jpg.a836fd7f5040f720f5f43eea99ee8ef5.jpg

Bandai should fire their photochopper...

:5:

:bump:

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Weeeelll....since I'm off Friday anyways, why the f@ck not wake up in the middle of the night and join in this freakin sure to be bloodbath tomorrow night....2AM in central time zone???

That's what I'm worried about.  Roy is a bloodbath enough on it's own but since they moved the PO release to a time where everyone in the States is off, it'll bring more competition.

(And I think it's great that you're joining.  I'm just sure many others will come to the same conclusions.  This will be beyond the difficulty of Hikaru's 1S...)

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Definitely the photoshop, because the one Kawamori plays with is not orange at all.

image.png.41aaba01867f3b8e7b52d7edaef811c8.png

That does look like a better shade of yellow.  

Lighting issues?

Also, they really should have pictures of this toy surrounded by pineapples... whole pineapples, chopped pineapples, and pineapple salads.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, they really should have pictures of this toy surrounded by pineapples... whole pineapples, chopped pineapples, and pineapple salads.

You just won the MW board!:yahoo: