Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

54 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

They normally open, much earlier than the stipulated order window on pre order day, around 3-4 hours earlier, so you should take note on that

So they more then likely will not be able to fulfill the order dam . I have never been able to snag any of them expect for the first one vf 1a after they and even before that it's been imposible. I get stuck with nippon yassin

10 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

If the international market doesn't matter, then why does the special stand have English text rather than Japanese text?

You have clearly never been to Japan.

EDIT - not trying to knock you, but putting English on things is crazy common there and not just for tourist purposes... it's like English text makes things 'mainstream'. 

EDIT II - also, English is a common tongue within the Macross universe.

Edited by jenius

10 hours ago, borgified said:

That's the next question here.

For the upcoming DX GBP Armour to be released, we know that the DX 1J will be re-released however, Bandai still has not mentioned that if the DX GBP Armour set will include the Gray Goggle 1J head or not. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a gray goggle 1J. I wonder if, they do the GBP, which seems like a natural, would they do it as a set or just sell the armour separately? So far, the accessories have been sold separately so have to see. GBP is one I never managed to get in my collection, so would be great, I even didnt go for the Arcadia re-issue just on the chance for a Bandai one ;)

13 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

If the international market doesn't matter, then why does the special stand have English text rather than Japanese text?

Because English is cool... and Japanese is not.  :p

Japanese culture has reflected this sort of inferiority complex -- particularly concerning the language -- ever since the end of WWII, and whenever clear, direct communication is not required (be it advertising, public relations, politics, etc.), the misuse of English is prevalent in Japanese media.

For a current example, look at how rapidly the use of "social distance" (ソーシャルディスタンス) is replacing the Japanese "3つの密" in political discourse, especially on television.  Public speakers use English loan words to make themselves seem more educated or intelligent, or simply to obfuscate (as politicians are so apt to do), and commercial advertising accelerates this trend.  

Japanese clothing brands (particularly for children) rely heavily on text-based designs, about 10% proper English, 5% French, 85% broken English... and 0% Japanese.  If you actually see a shirt with Japanese writing on it, it's being worn by a foreign resident who likely ordered it from a foreign country.

gptr,1400x,front,black-c,188,133,1000,10

This would be a fashion crime in Japan.  :lol:

Is our resident feline going to pass this madness since you have commitments to take care of? Will be thinking of you during this ruckus and hope that you will be ready to join in the battle when the next one arrives (possibly for the DX YF-21).

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

He has red shoulder triangles during the transformation animation.

Lol, it continues.

Here's an explanation that I found (Google translated):

In the first half of the video, the performance and transformation gimmick in the play of "DX Chogokin VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker Special", the difference between the captain's special machine and the general machine, in the narration of Macross operator Misa Hayase played by voice actor Mika Doi Etc. was explained.

https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1262195.html

21 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Here's an explanation that I found (Google translated):

https://hobby.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1262195.html

As far as I can tell, she doesn't say thing about the red triangles specifically in the narration.  She doesn't really say anything about the paint except that it has skull markings because he is skull leader, is the best I can make out.  But I'm definitely still learning japanese, so maybe someone else can pick something out. 

I think the actual answer is something along the lines of basically (literally?) every other TV valk has red shoulder triangles, so when people who are used to coloring TV valks go to do the triangles, they make them red, without realizing that Skull Leader (generally) has yellow triangles,  But that is just my theory.

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

As far as I can tell, she doesn't say thing about the red triangles specifically in the narration.  She doesn't really say anything about the paint except that it has skull markings because he is skull leader, is the best I can make out.  But I'm definitely still learning japanese, so maybe someone else can pick something out. 

I think the actual answer is something along the lines of basically (literally?) every other TV valk has red shoulder triangles, so when people who are used to coloring TV valks go to do the triangles, they make them red, without realizing that Skull Leader (generally) has yellow triangles,  But that is just my theory.

The good news is that he has yellow triangles on the toy showcased in the Kawamori interview at the second half of the video I posted.

27 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

She actually does talk about the yellow and black being his special colors FWIW