Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Most importantly, where can I get that sick gun and most MOST importantly, is that a bundled Max 1J with armor!!

Bring back the damn vintage Bandai!!!

YJA is going to be your best bet these days....I think there is a 1/76 (:wacko:) scale Armored Max-1J on YJA right now.....the gun is alot harder to come by, I have not seen one listed in quite a while....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48195-takatoku-toys-macross-sdf-1-lasergun/

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48201-takatoku-toys-176-armored-valkyrie-series/

59 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It's pretty bad....

The poor Yamato V1 VF-1 toys were instrumental in re-igniting the new PT VF-1 golden age we are living in right now....but they are seldom brought up these days for a reason..several of them...;)

Absolutely. I remember getting excited when Bandai reissued the chunky back in around 2001, but when I saw the Yamato 1/60, it was a dream come true moment (back then, and for me at least). It had great ambitions, and was pivotal in restarting the whole toy franchise of the VF-1 design, and even though it’s now inferior to the newer designs, it still deserves an honourable mention.

9 hours ago, lavinrac said:

N-Y is for patient people. As I have gotten older i have become less 'gotta have it now' ... It'll come. They get me my stuff. its sometimes slow but they have not stiffed me yet. My last several successful orders have been from them.

HLJ is my fave but like others have said. their site.. something about its design/structure/database... just falls apart on preorders with high demand. even on a good day the site is slow, but they are my favorite COMPANY. And i appreciate that they don't charge me until the item is in their hands. 

Everyone has their own experience. I hope your preorder experience is painless.

Agreed that HLJ has great customer service. They've consistently come through for me--once I manage to order something through their poorly-built site. The front end is fine, but the back end (especially the database) has some serious problems. I don't bother looking at them for PO Madness anymore, but I tend to order a lot of other less-popular stuff from them because I know that I'll be well taken care of.

58 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I got a V1 for my "Focker Museum". Yeah, it's pretty bad.:rofl:

The original head isn't great, but the Captain Canuck resin cast one is pretty nice.

7 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Just wondering, but if orderimg sites added a ‘i am not a robot’ test for hot items when they add into a cart, will that help with the scalper situation? Or will scalper bots still be able to defeat that? 

Having scripts that need to load would slow them down, but "I am not a robot" prompts would barely be a speed-bump unless they go full Capcha. I hate Capcha.

My last proper PO was for Max’s DX VF-1A, and I was lucky to have got in on a 5 min window when amazon JP opened the item for preorder. 

I feel like I’m getting rusty at POs and the scalpers have also become very efficient now, and won’t be surprised if I’m not able to land a single preorder. 

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Having scripts that need to load would slow them down, but "I am not a robot" prompts would barely be a speed-bump unless they go full Capcha. I hate Capcha.

Some of them are so arcane and difficult to read that it makes me wonder if I'm actually a robot. 

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

My last proper PO was for Max’s DX VF-1A, and I was lucky to have got in on a 5 min window when amazon JP opened the item for preorder. 

I feel like I’m getting rusty at POs and the scalpers have also become very efficient now, and won’t be surprised if I’m not able to land a single preorder. 

Preorders are actually easier now than they were for Frontier toys. However, they've been exacerbated as of late by the truly shi**y websites of HLJ, Amiami, etc. 

Back then, every single preorder on every single site would open and get sold out in a 30 second window and many resorted to paying NY's scalper mark up. 

Taking 30 minutes to slowly make your way through Amiami's slow AF website to finally finish checking out was something we wish we had back then. :lol:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Some of them are so arcane and difficult to read that it makes me wonder if I'm actually a robot. 

Screen: Please click all the squares with streetlights.
Vlad: <sits and ponders too long if they mean only the traffic lights or that potential cobra-head street light in the way back of the picture too>

I never had issues with the frontier valks when i pre order, but back then not many scalpers used cdjapan compared to today. As i came in somewhere around the YF-29 variants, I managed to PO everyone of them, the only 3 I never POed is because they were already released when I started my journey and got then through second hand shops in japan when i went there for holidays,

That said, maybe full capcha can help us beat the scalpers, just a thought, but full capcha might kill the servers too

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I hate Capcha.

I'm glad it's not just me. I have some weird sight issues (since birth) and sometimes I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing everyone else is. Those Capcha things kick my butt sometimes.

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm glad it's not just me. I have some weird sight issues (since birth) and sometimes I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing everyone else is. Those Capcha things kick my butt sometimes.

You're a machine. 

And I agree that the last thing these sites need is more crap slowing them down. 

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You're a machine. 

This machine is braking down! I've been living off 2-3hrs sleep for over a week now. I think my IQ is down to about 11 right now.

I'm not a huge fan of this guy. But a buddy showed me this clip the other day and now I can't stop saying "I'm the Machine"!:p

Fun fact. The movie Van Wilder (I've never seen it) was based on this guy.

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

This machine is braking down! I've been living off 2-3hrs sleep for over a week now. I think my IQ is down to about 11 right now.

I'm not a huge fan of this guy. But a buddy showed me this clip the other day and now I can't stop saying "I'm the Machine"!:p

Fun fact. The movie Van Wilder (I've never seen it) was based on this guy.

A colleague at one of the organizations that funds the work of my team makes it a point to introduce every one of my new staff members to The Machine. He'll end meetings with "I AM THE MACHINE!" until the new person, puzzled as to why the outburst doesn't phase anyone else, inevitably asks what he's referring to. Then the link shows up in their inbox and their life is never the same.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

He'll end meetings with "I AM THE MACHINE!" until the new person, puzzled as to why the outburst doesn't phase anyone else, inevitably asks what he's referring to. 

:rofl:

31 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I’m in for one Roy if I can get it. I’ll wait for the DYRL version then maybe get 2. But I do prefer Hikaru. I think I’m going to get 2 kakizakis. Hopefully they come out with a 1S max. 

I am coming out with a DX 1S Max by August if you want one :D you can also get it with weathering and/or panel lining!

I'm in for a Roy, if I can get one too, I have been fortunate to get a Max 1A and Hikaru 1S after the PO madness, but, it would be nice to get a Roy especially on PO as missed out on the Hikaru 1J, and prices up and tricky find one, thankfully my Yamato 1/48 1J is a good stand in ;) I manaed to get some missle packs on PO atleast and just recied a SSP pack, new from an Amazon link on here previously, thanks ^_*. 

Now, I wonder, will the 1J re-issue with GBP armour be not too far away

48 minutes ago, obakesan said:

Now, I wonder, will the 1J re-issue with GBP armour be not too far away

That's the next question here.

For the upcoming DX GBP Armour to be released, we know that the DX 1J will be re-released however, Bandai still has not mentioned that if the DX GBP Armour set will include the Gray Goggle 1J head or not. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

we know that the DX 1J will be re-released

Do we know it though? I don’t think they’ve announced a second release or even GBP.  I think it’s safe to assume but it always makes me nervous till they announce.

22 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

This one took a little longer than I hoped, but I guess Roy deserves it.

Roy ready to wreck our wallets on PO night:

SeqkgjB.gif

Well done!

5 hours ago, rocketblast said:

I got my 2 missile sets from nin-nin-game the other day.  Pretty good deal on pre-order price they had when I bought them ages ago.  Looks great on my VF-1S and plenty missiles to add to my VF-1A, all from just one of the sets.

Is nin -nin reliable , I mean will the fulfill their orders i am  surprised they open their order early.  I remeber they had the max tv open early but I decided to go with someone else since I was not sure they could actually fulfill the order.

3 hours ago, moose said:

Is nin -nin reliable , I mean will the fulfill their orders i am  surprised they open their order early.  I remeber they had the max tv open early but I decided to go with someone else since I was not sure they could actually fulfill the order.

Yeah, I ordered these missile sets a long, long time ago and they delivered.  I'm hoping I can get more chogokin from them in the future.