Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

This forum is nothing compared to the tarantula forum I’m on. You can’t post random pics of T’s that aren’t yours (claim copyright infringements). Can’t mention where you buy your T’s. Can’t post links to things you may buy. And they’re quite rude if you have newb questions. The site seems to be run by a bunch of nazis. This forum is quite tame. 

Tarantula bzns is srs bzns.

15 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

This forum is nothing compared to the tarantula forum I’m on. You can’t post random pics of T’s that aren’t yours (claim copyright infringements). Can’t mention where you buy your T’s. Can’t post links to things you may buy. And they’re quite rude if you have newb questions. The site seems to be run by a bunch of nazis. This forum is quite tame. 

Spider Nazis? I hear they're the WORST!:D

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent.  I read those in their voices.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

In my mind as i read it, i heard their voices! Oh man, I really want that TV 1S. You just switch pilots with the 1J and you got a TV 1S Hikkie!

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hahaha me three!

heheh....

It was time for another Terminator-Macross mashup!

490C691C-0B8F-4EAC-A5DC-4287C8D0E12A.jpeg

Haha, this community is great! Everything here is for fun and the mutual love of Macross. Anyone who takes anything too seriously or personal on a forum needs to step away, sit back and chill for a bit and it will all be better. :p

look forward to the hell that will be preorder night and most importantly, can’t wait to get this beauty in hand probably sometime next year. 

Even though the DX VF-1 is a new step for Bandai this year, there's always love for the Chunky Monkeys. 

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Quick, someone Photoshop kawamori's head on a valk.

Where are the computer wizards hiding?  

59 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

All new DX VF-1S...MSRP 3,980.....get yours now!!!

large.20200627_164521.jpg.26cb8ba7a8c25a

Photographer: We need a stand or something for that SDF-1. It looks like it crashed"

Ad guy: "Time is money, just take the picture!"

3 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

That chunky monkey has some real premium finish going on!! :p

Yep....took Bandai 20 years to finally release one with a decent amount of tampo printing on it so you don't have to mess with stickers.....

Almost another 20 years after that and they've gone tampo hardcore!

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

Quick, someone Photoshop kawamori's head on a valk.

Based anime accuracy was always so close:

roy_with_SK_head.png.81b3df8fb44d536edcaf780b7d1e4e1a.png

35 minutes ago, borgified said:

Where are the computer wizards hiding?  

I was actually just working on something else Macross-meme themed in PS, when I checked this thread (so I just put that together real fast).  Hopefully I'll finish what I was working on this weekend.

Edited by HardlyNever

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

All these years we thought that Yamato just totally screwed up the VF-1S head on their V1 release......turns out it was a Kawamori head!!! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_640_3545402.jpg

That 1/60 v1 Head can’t be as bad as the 1/48 VF-1S Head with the mold line right down the middle, can it?  

26 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

That 1/60 v1 Head can’t be as bad as the 1/48 VF-1S Head with the mold line right down the middle, can it?  

It's pretty bad....

The poor Yamato V1 VF-1 toys were instrumental in re-igniting the new PT VF-1 golden age we are living in right now....but they are seldom brought up these days for a reason..several of them...;)

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It's pretty bad....

The poor Yamato V1 VF-1 toys were instrumental in re-igniting the new PT VF-1 golden age we are living in right now....but they are seldom brought up these days for a reason..several of them...;)

I got a V1 for my "Focker Museum". Yeah, it's pretty bad.:rofl:

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

This is a thing of beauty right here. :rofl:

There are a handful of us “regulars” on this thread. Many have been here for a long while. I’ve only done 4 or 5 PO nights and even then there is a trend. Each time, people come out of the woodwork magically and begin asking the same questions of how everyone can help them land a PO. It’s totally fine of course because we all started somewhere. But this is a community and so would just be cool if those asking would at least first try searching for previous info (someone inevitably posts the answers every PO) and second be willing to contribute. (This isn’t directed at you @Chewie. I’m generally speaking. Pretty sure you even mentioned trying to search first.)

I got a bunch of snark too from people. And still do.

Many of us do that. I have for the past two POs

You guys are totally fine, and I get it. LMGTFY is my favorite comeback in several mediums, including some groups I moderate. I've been on MW for longer than I care to admit, just kinda fell off lately. I didn't at all mean to imply you guys were being rude, just saucy. 

15 minutes ago, Chewie said:

You guys are totally fine, and I get it. LMGTFY is my favorite comeback in several mediums, including some groups I moderate. I've been on MW for longer than I care to admit, just kinda fell off lately. I didn't at all mean to imply you guys were being rude, just saucy. 

Perfect! Welcome back! I joined the party only a year and half ago so I’m still a noob compared to other members.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

LOL....

Takatoku Toys Catalog, 1983.....

We really need a new take on the BIG MACROSS!

large.20200406_221845.jpg.a0bdbf353283a0

Most importantly, where can I get that sick gun and most MOST importantly, is that a bundled Max 1J with armor!!

Bring back the damn vintage Bandai!!!

41 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I got a V1 for my "Focker Museum". Yeah, it's pretty bad.:rofl:

I can't recall if I still have mine...if you have a chance can you snap a head-on shot of the V1 VF-1S head like the ones below?....I would like to see how more "squished" it looks compared to the new DX TV VF-1S head....all I can remember is that it looks way too small for the rest of the body it's attached to....

7286BB89-A584-4667-B065-4BEC8614AF72.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I can't recall if I still have mine...if you have a chance can you snap a head-on shot of the V1 VF-1S head like the ones below?....I would like to see how more "squished" it looks compared to the new DX TV VF-1S head....all I can remember is that it looks way too small for the rest of the body it's attached to....

7286BB89-A584-4667-B065-4BEC8614AF72.jpeg

I'll try and dig it out tomorrow.:good: