Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I don't think I've ever actually failed a Macross PO (I've failed a couple of others though).

Even managed to get multiples on most, including every 1/48 DX (apart from Kakizaki).

My sanity, is now optional.

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

If you are new to PreOrder Madness, you may want to pick a few online retailers that appeal to you and create accounts before the PreOrder.  You don't want to get cart-jacked while you are creating an account to complete your order.  I think it helps (not 100% sure) to log-in just before Madness hour to help with check-out.  Regardless, reducing delays in checkout should help.

Did exactly that that, linked payment or paypal where I could, and updated all info on the others to be current. Passwords are all saved, and google checkout is enabled anywhere that will take it. 

You guys have been a great help, if not a bit snarkier than necessary in some places. =P

5 hours ago, Chewie said:

if not a bit snarkier than necessary in some places. =P

People are a little snarky on the internet? And on this forum in particular? That's completely ridiculous.

FYI: We're also prone to sarcasm.:rolleyes:

What makes this board fantastic is that a vast majority of posters have a great sense of humor so ribbing is usually not met with butthurt.:good:

I am not sure how many units can one get on these PO gone berserk. I think it would be practical the members who get through to grab one (and afford it) take a couple extra units to get sold here in the forums for the members, who often are more than a few, that aren't that lucky to snatch one.

14 minutes ago, 007-vf1 said:

I am not sure how many units can one get on these PO gone berserk. I think it would be practical the members who get through to grab one (and afford it) take a couple extra units to get sold here in the forums for the members, who often are more than a few, that aren't that lucky to snatch one.

I think most places have a limit of one.

If I got through on a PO (I won't because I don't try) and I could order 25 of them I would. Then I would sell them to MW members for no markup.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm interested to see how it washes out. As you mentioned Hikaru is more popular in Japan. So, is Bandai hyping it because they think sales will be lower? Will Roy be a lot more popular outside of Japan? What percentage of these go to Japanese customers and what goes to the rest of the world? I don't think we even know what the production number are do we? Is is 10K? 20K? 100K? 500K?

This is a really weird market.

The consensus here seems to be that, at least for Macross, Bandai doesn't care about customers outside of Japan. Just look at all of the countermeasures they put in place to keep us from directly placing POs for Tamashii Web Exclusives. Part of that stance is likely related to the legal nonsense with HG, but they're also playing to their domestic otaku base. Maybe this one's for us and they figure we'll find a way to get our hands on it, but I don't know. I hadn't considered the extra hype as a way to compensate for what Bandai might see as less demand for Roy domestically, but that's an interesting idea. Either way, it's not helping our chances if more people know about it and scalpers think that we'll be willing to pay extra for it.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

People are a little snarky on the internet? And on this forum in particular? That's completely ridiculous.

What makes this board fantastic is that a vast majority of posters have a great sense of humor so ribbing is usually not met with butthurt.:good:

I'm a big fan of the term snarchasm, which combines snarkiness, sarcasm, and the gulf of understanding between the person making the comment and the person receiving it.

8 hours ago, Chewie said:

Did exactly that that, linked payment or paypal where I could, and updated all info on the others to be current. Passwords are all saved, and google checkout is enabled anywhere that will take it. 

You guys have been a great help, if not a bit snarkier than necessary in some places. =P

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

42 minutes ago, vladykins said:

When I told sqidd that his high heels highlighted his "assets", I was being 100% honest. No snark at all. Totally none.

This is a thing of beauty right here. :rofl:

There are a handful of us “regulars” on this thread. Many have been here for a long while. I’ve only done 4 or 5 PO nights and even then there is a trend. Each time, people come out of the woodwork magically and begin asking the same questions of how everyone can help them land a PO. It’s totally fine of course because we all started somewhere. But this is a community and so would just be cool if those asking would at least first try searching for previous info (someone inevitably posts the answers every PO) and second be willing to contribute. (This isn’t directed at you @Chewie. I’m generally speaking. Pretty sure you even mentioned trying to search first.)

I got a bunch of snark too from people. And still do.

24 minutes ago, 007-vf1 said:

Many of us do that. I have for the past two POs

47 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The consensus here seems to be that, at least for Macross, Bandai doesn't care about customers outside of Japan. Just look at all of the countermeasures they put in place to keep us from directly placing POs for Tamashii Web Exclusives. Part of that stance is likely related to the legal nonsense with HG, but they're also playing to their domestic otaku base. Maybe this one's for us and they figure we'll find a way to get our hands on it, but I don't know. I hadn't considered the extra hype as a way to compensate for what Bandai might see as less demand for Roy domestically, but that's an interesting idea. Either way, it's not helping our chances if more people know about it and scalpers think that we'll be willing to pay extra for it.

I'm a big fan of the term snarchasm, which combines snarkiness, sarcasm, and the gulf of understanding between the person making the comment and the person receiving it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai doesn't care about the international market (the US in particular). And as you mentioned, the HG factor. If they don't care about the US market I wonder how much of that is based on them not knowing how many units make it over here. Maybe if they knew how many actually end up on US shores as a percentage of total sales they would take a slightly different approach.

I also suspect that scalpers are going to try hard on this one. It will be interesting to see. I want three, but I'll settle for two. If we get nailed I can live with that.

Snarchasm! I love it!!!

I heard another good one just a few days ago.

Askhole

Someone who asks stupid questions or questions that could have been answered with a quick Google search. But they're too lazy to put the "work" in.

My business is very tech oriented (lots of specifications). There are askholes everywhere.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Askhole

Someone who asks stupid questions or questions that could have been answered with a quick Google search. But they're too lazy to put the "work" in.

My business is very tech oriented (lots of specifications). There are askholes everywhere.

Yessssss. I usually just reply with something like this: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+do+i+get+macross+POs+macrossworld.com+dx

But, haven’t resorted to that here yet.  I guess till now. :rofl:

I think we need two new entries in the Urban dictionary:

Snarchasm: The combination of snarkiness, sarcasm and the gulf of understanding between the person making comments and the person receiving it.

Askhole: A person who repeated asks question answerable by simple Google searches and gets offended when receiving snarchasm in response.

A bit more on topic, I am not looking forward to Pre-Order night, but whoever is new to it should definitely follow this thread.  There are some store that can be avoided like NY, AmiAmi and HLJ.  Updates done to those sites last year make getting a pre-order exactly at 4:00 PM JST pretty much impossible.  If you follow this thread, you make see something pop up a bit after pre-orders start.

If you do get a lead, please contribute but don't try to flood this thread with useless information, especially during pre-order madness.  Our lady @Shizuka the Cat, the songstress of the pre-order night, does a fabulous job on pre-order night summarizing the fun.  Hopefully she will again, but we know she can't always make it.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

The regulars may experience what you’re talking about but some of us noobs find it a little more difficult. I was really happy I received my strike parts from NY and I posted to give others hope that they would receive them eventually. But I received so much butthurt I ended up deleting my post to avoid offending people. Your mileage may vary of course! 

1 hour ago, Powered Convoy said:

Tempted by the VF-1S Roy, but having the Hikaru S I may be fine. 

Only reason why I got and paid extra for Hikaru's VF-1S was based on fear that I wouldn't get the original VF-1S.  At least I would have the 2nd best known VF-1S.

10 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Only reason why I got and paid extra for Hikaru's VF-1S was based on fear that I wouldn't get the original VF-1S.  At least I would have the 2nd best known VF-1S.

I mean, with your username, how can you not get this one?

12 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

You absolutely need this TV 1S :lol::lol:

c37d02573bd77649ab3aa8934b187f4f.jpg

55 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai doesn't care about the international market (the US in particular). And as you mentioned, the HG factor. If they don't care about the US market I wonder how much of that is based on them not knowing how many units make it over here. Maybe if they knew how many actually end up on US shores as a percentage of total sales they would take a slightly different approach.

I also suspect that scalpers are going to try hard on this one. It will be interesting to see. I want three, but I'll settle for two. If we get nailed I can live with that.

Snarchasm! I love it!!!

I heard another good one just a few days ago.

Askhole

Or even just how many units are exported by third parties in general, and what fraction that is of total sales for the toy. For TWE items, that might be a little easier to figure out, but for general retail items, where someone can grab 25 of them, keep 1, and sell the other 24 online, it would be difficult. You'd get some sense of it by tracking various auction sites, stores like Mandarake, and online marketplaces both in Japan and in locations like Hong Kong, but it would be messy and incomplete. That could be a full-time job for someone to put a tracking system together and stay on top of it.

Hadn't heard askhole before, love it. Happens to me a lot, too.

44 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

A bit more on topic, I am not looking forward to Pre-Order night, but whoever is new to it should definitely follow this thread.  There are some store that can be avoided like NY, AmiAmi and HLJ.  Updates done to those sites last year make getting a pre-order exactly at 4:00 PM JST pretty much impossible.  If you follow this thread, you make see something pop up a bit after pre-orders start.

If you do get a lead, please contribute but don't try to flood this thread with useless information, especially during pre-order madness.  Our lady @Shizuka the Cat, the songstress of the pre-order night, does a fabulous job on pre-order night summarizing the fun.  Hopefully she will again, but we know she can't always make it.

@Shizuka the Catdoes an amazing job of keeping us informed, when her schedule allows her to participate in PO Madness.

Anyone else notice that for the recent YF-29 Full Set Pack PO many of the stores that reliably post items for PO right after 4pm JST didn't do so? I think HLJ, AE, and several others took their sweet time. On the upside, it did allow some MW members to get a PO at stores that normally sell out in seconds because the scalpers had already moved on. That was made possible by MW members posting updates throughout PO Madness in the YF-29 thread. :hi:Maybe the delays are the new normal? I don't want to get my hopes up. The downside is staying awake for several hours in the middle of the night instead of giving up in frustration after a half hour....

29 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I wish there was posters/banners of roy’s Valk similar to the vf-1j posters when hikaru’s vf-1j DX got released....:rolleyes: it be so cool to have a hikkie 1j and roy 1s poster side by side..

Agreed....I have both of the posters you mentioned, but somehow it would seem the VF-1A TV Max and VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki posters never were printed....there's probably a way to take the images available for the two and create posters out of them...

large.20190629_225253.jpg.53ca2deffa0456

large.20181007_220324.jpg.e27b473bbcef83

large.20181007_220257.jpg.f92a92a82452b2

Old School PT VF-1 toy posters.....

VF-1J-661x1024.jpg

ValkyrieColorVariation-661x1024.jpg

gallery_12176_640_250161.jpg

large.20200501_223707.jpg.2efd6101d42283

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed....I have both of the posters you mentioned, but somehow it would seem the VF-1A TV Max and VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki posters never were printed....there's probably a way to take the images available for the two and create posters out of them...

large.20190629_225253.jpg.53ca2deffa0456

large.20181007_220324.jpg.e27b473bbcef83

large.20181007_220257.jpg.f92a92a82452b2

Old School PT VF-1 toy posters.....

VF-1J-661x1024.jpg

ValkyrieColorVariation-661x1024.jpg

gallery_12176_640_250161.jpg

large.20200501_223707.jpg.2efd6101d42283

Dude, you never disappoint on delivering the full experience. Awesome!

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

The regulars may experience what you’re talking about but some of us noobs find it a little more difficult. I was really happy I received my strike parts from NY and I posted to give others hope that they would receive them eventually. But I received so much butthurt I ended up deleting my post to avoid offending people. Your mileage may vary of course! 

Never apologize for your post! Leave that sucker next time, sit back, and enjoy the show with popcorn. :)

N-Y is for patient people. As I have gotten older i have become less 'gotta have it now' ... It'll come. They get me my stuff. its sometimes slow but they have not stiffed me yet. My last several successful orders have been from them.

HLJ is my fave but like others have said. their site.. something about its design/structure/database... just falls apart on preorders with high demand. even on a good day the site is slow, but they are my favorite COMPANY. And i appreciate that they don't charge me until the item is in their hands. 

Everyone has their own experience. I hope your preorder experience is painless.

Edited by lavinrac

42 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

AH6qsdF.png

eavnBn1.png

3LS8aKQ.png

15 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent.  I read those in their voices.

13 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

In my mind as i read it, i heard their voices! Oh man, I really want that TV 1S. You just switch pilots with the 1J and you got a TV 1S Hikkie!

Hahaha me three!

16 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

In my mind as i read it, i heard their voices! Oh man, I really want that TV 1S. You just switch pilots with the 1J and you got a TV 1S Hikkie!

Unfortunately that's not completely right. The name and the rank on the canopy make it impossible :( 

Edited by Ryoma

8 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Unfortunately that's not completely right. The name and the rank on the canopy make it impossible :( 

Well, you would have one or two options to deal with that. You could make a set of waterslide decals to cover up the old rank and name, which I know works, because I have done it. Or you could just pretend that Hikaru was sentimental and kept Roy‘s name on there.

15 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

What if Hikaru decided to leave the name there as a tribute to the ace, the man , the legend: Roy the Mo' Focker badarse.

11 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Or you could just pretend that Hikaru was sentimental and kept Roy‘s name on there.

I like the warm fuzzies that come along with that idea.:good:

Edited by sqidd

I was not expecting you guys being so romantic...i like that! Although i am pretty sure we will get a bundle with a Skull 001 Hikaru TV version and Super packs. That's a valk i m definitely going to buy! 

Edited by Ryoma

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

This forum is nothing compared to the tarantula forum I’m on. You can’t post random pics of T’s that aren’t yours (claim copyright infringements). Can’t mention where you buy your T’s. Can’t post links to things you may buy. And they’re quite rude if you have newb questions. The site seems to be run by a bunch of nazis. This forum is quite tame.