Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

26 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Legioss: I was made from the crap leftover* from the VF-1 development?!

*Twins reference

LOL, yes Twins reference. :)  Too bad the GBP isn't out for the VF-1 then it would truly be Arnold.

26 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Arnold and Devito in Twins?! XD

Hahaha yes :D

22 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Great shot as always @Saburo!  Can't wait to have mine in hand.

Thank you @sumyumgoy!  So far its a nice figure, a little fiddly at times but nothing major yet. :D

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow!

Thanks @Slave IV! :good:

35 minutes ago, Saburo said:

VF-1J and his new buddy Danny Devito, I mean Legioss.  :lol:

Do you like it? Is it fun to transform? he top view of the fighter mode looks neat and well proportioned. i wonder how they accomplished that.

Edited by vlenhoff
NVM, I see you just answered those questions. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Do you like it? Is it fun to transform? he top view of the fighter mode looks neat and well proportioned. i wonder how they accomplished that.

You need to check out the Mospeada thread... Lots of chatter.

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I am fairly happy with it, the proportions and details are nice, the transformation isn't as scary as the Ride Armors.  I haven't run into any delicate pegs as the ones on the ride armors so it still feels a bit fragile.  It is a little fiddly, where some joints are really tight and some are not, they are not deal breakers.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

You need to check out the Mospeada thread... Lots of chatter.

Thanks Jenius!

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

I am fairly happy with it, the proportions and details are nice, the transformation isn't as scary as the Ride Armors.  I haven't run into any delicate pegs as the ones on the ride armors so it still feels a bit fragile.  It is a little fiddly, where some joints are really tight and some are not, they are not deal breakers.

Thanks Saburo, gorgeous pics as always!

I just found this 

14 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Apologies if it was pointed out already...anyone else notice the “Skull Leader” above the Modex number?

Chris

Yeah, that’s a difference between DYRL and TV figures. The 1J says “Vermillion Leader” in the same spot. The Hikaru 1S says nothing.

14 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

So the Roy figure comes with an atmospheric type helmet and not with a space one, right? Same kind Hikaru VF-1J and Max VF-1A if i remember correctly.

This made me go back and see if they wear space suits in space :p turns out they do! Funny though, if we get 2 different Isamu with a YF-19, why not 2 pilots with the TV Version Figures? Makes sense for DYRL since it's just the one space suit, but not for TV

1273259429_Screenshot2020-06-2414_13_19.png.daacb263fd91bb3a550dd7b3e0ae7cd5.png112700754_Screenshot2020-06-2414_13_31.png.db45ff31ae30b79e9bb34a3ac97cf9a7.png

54 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

After being the third TV release, I wonder if the TV VF-1S Roy will come with more TV fixed posed hands and less DYRL fixed posed hands.

I was thinking the same. Would be great to have a closed fist TV hand for each arm like the Yamato 1/60 V2 (and Bandai's own HMR TV versions for that matter).

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I was thinking the same. Would be great to have a closed fist TV hand for each arm like the Yamato 1/60 V2 (and Bandai's own HMR TV versions for that matter).

Yeah if nothing else at least a left and right  closed fist TV hand.

2 minutes ago, dafunguy said:

Why is it called Roy Focker Special ... will we be getting a "Non-Special" Focker too?

Because you'll feel special if you're able to land a PO.

But in seriousness, it's because of the included flight stand. Maybe there will be a "non-special" that doesn't have the stand. 

Edited by crackpot

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into the "special" part, as I've seen that get thrown around for a while.  It basically means Roy Focker custom/use, but for whatever reason "special" gets used sometimes, especially for Roy.  I don't really know why.

They did the same thing with their HMR Roy.  And yes, one of those did come with a "special" display stand, they also did a release that didn't come with a display stand, and still called it "Roy Focker Special."

I'm pretty sure I've seen that used for other Focker toys, but I can't find another example at the moment.  But I believe it's been around since the 90s, maybe even the 80s.

Edit: Arcadia calls theirs Roy Focker specials, too.

Edited by HardlyNever

I've always just heard "Roy Focker Special" in the same vein as a celebrity vehicle.  It's just his ride.  I'm trying to think of more places where you would see that, but most aren't aircraft, they're more often limited edition cars.  It's a little beyond just customization, it's more like association with a particular person who owned or designed it, more like a Shelby Cobra.

The only aircraft that comes to mind is a Pitts Special, and while I think it started as a custom design associated with the designer himself, it gradually became a very popular mass produced design.

Edited by Chronocidal