Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Man... I failed at the YF-29 complete set Preorder madness, and I failed at the TV Max VF-1A PO madness.... I can only imagine how hard I'm going to fail at this one. I did luck out on the 1S Hikaru PO so maybe there's a shred of hope.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You're not the first person to mention this. Where is this coming from? They're yellow in the anime.

It looks like it is another case of color changing.  The 3M shows them as red, but they are often yellow in the anime. 

Here are some shots of the red shoulder triangles in the anime (one is even weirder, with the triangles outside of the black):

1470816042_VF-1SRedshoulder.PNG.4046d41568e6d08e4bcc845396738329.PNGRedshoulder2.PNG.0d24f809b1ab1d76eac15d83673e600f.PNG

But now you've got me thinking, maybe it only appears as red when Hikaru has the 1S?  I wonder if they ever appear as red when Focker is piloting Skull Leader.

I'll have to go back and look, but odds are they are more often yellow than red, at least when Focker is piloting, so I'll give Bandai the benefit of the doubt on that one.  

Fast packs are not a requirement for me at this scale. I have my fill of those in my Yamarcadia collection. My goal is to complete the TV squadron, and Roy brings us one step closer to that which is pretty sweet. Looking forward to more news as it comes. 

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It looks like it is another case of color changing.  The 3M shows them as red, but they are often yellow in the anime. 

Here are some shots of the red shoulder triangles in the anime (one is even weirder, with the triangles outside of the black):

Redshoulder2.PNG.0d24f809b1ab1d76eac15d83673e600f.PNG

But now you've got me thinking, maybe it only appears as red when Hikaru has the 1S?  I wonder if they ever appear as red when Focker is piloting Skull Leader.

I'll have to go back and look, but odds are they are more often yellow than red, at least when Focker is piloting, so I'll give Bandai the benefit of the doubt on that one.  

Huh, that 1S head even has a nose bridge.

Edited by jenius

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

1470816042_VF-1SRedshoulder.PNG.4046d41568e6d08e4bcc845396738329.PNGRedshoulder2.PNG.0d24f809b1ab1d76eac15d83673e600f.PNG

These are simply colouring mistakes in the animation process, there are quiet a few in the series.

I'm waiting for Bandai to announce that the only way to get the TV super packs will be bundled with a repacked/modified VF-1S with Hikaru's name and figure included. :p 

I'm just going to accept that I will be paying extra to get two of these, but then I'm pretty much done until we get a VF-1D/VT-1.

7 minutes ago, Big said:

These are simply colouring mistakes in the animation process, there are quiet a few in the series.

There are definitely a lot of animation errors in the series, no doubt.  But there is always that question of what is intentional versus animation error.

The red triangles show up in more than just those few scenes, and they show up in multiple episodes.  I don't want to spam the thread with a bunch of screenshots, but they are there.  Currently, I'm thinking the red triangles only show up (sometimes) in episodes 28 and on, and even then it's maybe a 50/50 split between red and yellow.  

It may be that you never see red triangles on Skull Leader when Focker pilots it, in which case props to Bandai I guess for getting it right (intentionally or unintentionally).  Memory is a funny thing, as when I think of TV skull leader in my head I pretty much always see it with red triangles, but in the animation that is a minority of the time.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Did they post an actual date for this pre-order nightmare yet, or are we waiting on confirmation?

Bandai hasn't officially announced yet.  So no official pre-order date announced yet.  :)

I suspect as early as this Monday @ 4:00 PM JST

31 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Bandai hasn't officially announced yet.  So no official pre-order date announced yet.  :)

I suspect as early as this Monday @ 4:00 PM JST

Yeah going by the short time between the announcement of the YF-29 FSP last time and the PO date, it could be as early as this coming Monday. 

Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to the differences between the TV and DYRL versions. I'm collecting the DYRL versions. Are there enough differences that we expect a separate release for the Roy DYRL version? Or is it close enough that Bandai may only do one release for Roy? The markings are the main differences correct? But the white plastic is the same for TV and DYRL? Or is it a different shade of white? Also they appear to have changed the 1S headsculpt for the TV version. But all I can see that's obvious are the 4 antenna bases are larger. I would rather wait for the DYRL version but I'm not sure it will even happen and if it does it may be a while. Thanks!

The aesthetic differences between Roy's TV and DYRL 1S are minor if you can look past them. The real change comes with the included pilot. The TV version uses a different color and a different molding when compared to the TV version. Check out RedComet's modified Hikaru with Roy markings above and compare that to the prototype images of Bandai's TV Roy.

2 minutes ago, technoblue said:

The aesthetic differences between Roy's TV and DYRL 1S are minor if you can look past them. The real change comes with the included pilot. The TV version uses a different color and a different molding when compared to the TV version. Check out RedComet's modified Hikaru with Roy markings above and compare that to the prototype images of Bandai's TV Roy.

Thank you for the info. Yes I was aware of the pilot differences but in battloid mode the pilot is hidden anyway so I'm thinking it may not matter. I am somewhat OCD though so I can see the difference in markings bugging me......

Oh man, this is the pain we were all anticipating/fearing. The internets will be broke on preorder night!

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Woohoo! And a properly sized pilot too? Is Bandai tacitly admitting to screwing up the previous pilots?

Now I'm really hoping for travel restrictions to be eased so I can just pick one up in person. ^_^

Of course not! They did it on purpose and planned it this way from the start to give you different sized pilots for uncompromised 3D greatness!

27 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to the differences between the TV and DYRL versions. I'm collecting the DYRL versions. Are there enough differences that we expect a separate release for the Roy DYRL version? Or is it close enough that Bandai may only do one release for Roy? The markings are the main differences correct? But the white plastic is the same for TV and DYRL? Or is it a different shade of white? Also they appear to have changed the 1S headsculpt for the TV version. But all I can see that's obvious are the 4 antenna bases are larger. I would rather wait for the DYRL version but I'm not sure it will even happen and if it does it may be a while. Thanks!

Other than the pics from that mag-scan, we don't exactly know what Bandai will Bandai us with.

As such,  from Jenius' 1/60v2 page regarding the usual differences with the VF-1S DYRL vs TV vs else merchandizes:

https://i2.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Yamato-V2-VF-1S-Focker-LV-6.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/25-Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-10B.jpg

Edited by treatment

17 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Thank you for the info. Yes I was aware of the pilot differences but in battloid mode the pilot is hidden anyway so I'm thinking it may not matter. I am somewhat OCD though so I can see the difference in markings bugging me......

If you still really want a DYRL Version of Roy, and even SSP weathered and/or panel lined to match, I will still make you one B)) Now I figure it will be a long time before Bandai makes another Roy haha

5 minutes ago, treatment said:

Other than the pics from that mag-scan, we don't exactly know what Bandai will Bandai us with.

True, although I think if we were to get Bandai'd with different TV and DYRL whites like in the Yamato days we would have seen it with Hikaru's 1S and Kaki's 1A so the base color seems consistent at least.

You all in for the drinking game!  Gotta take a shot (or a sip of whatever beverage you want) anytime you hear "cartjacked", "wheel of death," "froze(n)," "sold out in sec"...

40 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Of course not! They did it on purpose and planned it this way from the start to give you different sized pilots for uncompromised 3D greatness!

Bwahahahahahahaha.  Just like the numbering, no?

2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You all in for the drinking game!  Gotta take a shot (or a sip of whatever beverage you want) anytime you hear "cartjacked", "wheel of death," "froze(n)," "sold out in sec"...

Haha, kinda like that.

I look forward to the pain on preorder night.

31 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I don't drink, so I'm not in danger of alcohol poisoning, but I also don't want my bladder to pop, soooooooooo....... no

1 hour ago, treatment said:

As such,  from Jenius' 1/60v2 page regarding the usual differences with the VF-1S DYRL vs TV vs else merchandizes:

https://i2.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Yamato-V2-VF-1S-Focker-LV-6.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/25-Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-10B.jpg

Thanks for the links! I assume if Bandai used the same white plastic on both their TV and DYRL releases the white should at least be the same. Is it blasphemy to have a TV VF-1S among DYRL VF-1's on a shelf? Probably! :D