Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

32 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Typical Bandai though.  They release movie version SS parts and now we'll have to wait a while after the TV Roy for TV Supers.  Ugh. 

Technically, TV Roy never piloted a VF-1S with super parts, so you will need to wait for the VF-1S (Roy Custom) Hikaru special edition, then the TV supers.  And it will only come with the DYRL hands.  That is typical Bandai.

i'm off MW for a week or so and this happens!  guess i got to pay atttention to see when POs are.  it seems more than likely i'll have to pay aftermarket prices if its the usual bandai shenanigans...to the nth degree because roy.  never did pick up the dyrl hikaru 1S....would still get it in a heartbeat if i could find it for $330 or less though (mind you that is almost double msrp but i hear they go for way more).

Ugh...Would I be the only one to complain if I said I would've preferred DYRL Roy? I really only wanted one version of Roy and now I'll need to purchase two versions because I simply can't put the DYRL Strike on this one.  But damn that special stand is nice.

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow those yellow arrows were hard to see!

Yellow text at the top says the pilot figure and battroid head unit are all new.

The paragraph immediately below goes on to say that the head unit was created to match what's seen onscreen on the TV version (then why are the arrows yellow, Bandai?). Then it says again the pilot figure is newly created, and the last part says "as a 3D object it's an item without compromise!" :unknw:

So yeah, claiming to be the TV version while giving us the DYRL version is what I would expect from Bandai. :p

Thank you for the translation Lolicon!!!!

Yellow arrows on a 1S TV is "very" Bandai :D

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Wow those yellow arrows were hard to see!

Yellow text at the top says the pilot figure and battroid head unit are all new.

The paragraph immediately below goes on to say that the head unit was created to match what's seen onscreen on the TV version (then why are the arrows yellow, Bandai?). Then it says again the pilot figure is newly created, and the last part says "as a 3D object it's an item without compromise!" :unknw:

So yeah, claiming to be the TV version while giving us the DYRL version is what I would expect from Bandai. :p

Lol!

Yeah. 

This Roy with the yellow arrows is Bandai matching what's seen onscreen on the TV version...

while watching DYRL...

:bump:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I don't see any black arrows on the battroid head or ejection seat markings. Could just be because it's a prototype but considering it's just a repaint of an established mold, it sure looks like Bandai is once again taking a step back.

Maybe they'll throw in a movie pilot figure and some decals for the head arrows. That's all they would need to do to make it a movie version.

I have been wondering about the same thing.

For years I have despaired at the lack of a true TV version (except for the Yamato 1/60 TV VF-1S), so I am hoping that they will include the black arrows or I am going to have to get my own water decals. 

15 minutes ago, treatment said:

Lol!

Yeah. 

This Roy with the yellow arrows is Bandai matching what's seen onscreen on the TV version...

while watching DYRL...

:bump:

Where can I get good quality 1/48 water decals for TV VF-1S?? *bangs head against wall*

1 hour ago, Rogueload said:

Typical Bandai though.  They release movie version SS parts and now we'll have to wait a while after the TV Roy for TV Supers.  Ugh. 

Yuuuup!  Though as mentioned, Roy didn't use Supers so he'll just stay naked for me.  I think we have @sqidd to thank for buying those damn DYRL Hikarus dressed as Roy!!  It's his fault.  Bandai was like, oh guess we don't need to release DYRL Roy now.

Well this was quite a thing for me to wake up to here in pacific time! Looks like most people who ordered one of my Roys went with the DYRL version anyway, probably because they were going to get a DYRL pilot regardless. And hey, I really did anticipate exactly what the cockpit name/rank markings on the figure would look like. So that's pretty good right? Well, the next announced figure from my little venture is a DYRL 1S Blue Max, and I really don't think Bandai will now turn around and announce they are going to make that... unless @sqidd orders three.

Pilot.JPG.5384cb0d61c943dbd3963c4f3bc50c8d.JPG

Don’t remember any Macross Chogokin in past few years where there’s 2 web  exclusives in a row. 

Since Kakizaki’s already a web exclusive, it’s likely this Roy will be a normal release.

Yayy the joy of F5 finger acrobatics. 

Edit: I forgot there was that recent Alto YF-29 reissue that's a normal release, after Kakizaki. So this Roy is really a toss up on which release channel it will be put through.

Edited by MKT

25 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yuuuup!  Though as mentioned, Roy didn't use Supers so he'll just stay naked for me.  I think we have @sqidd to thank for buying those damn DYRL Hikarus dressed as Roy!!  It's his fault.  Bandai was like, oh guess we don't need to release DYRL Roy now.

Easy solution take out Hikaru from the DX 1J and put them in the 1S with Supers.  :good:What drives me crazy is when people put supers on Hikaru's 1J when he never had those on there in the series.  lol 

9 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Easy solution take out Hikaru from the DX 1J and put them in the 1S with Supers.  :good:What drives me crazy is when people put supers on Hikaru's 1J when he never had those on there in the series.  lol 

haha right?!  I could probably do that.  My OCD would bother me with Focker's name on the canopy though.  I'm cursed I tell ya!

9 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

haha right?!  I could probably do that.  My OCD would bother me with Focker's name on the canopy though.  I'm cursed I tell ya!

Knowing Bandai, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually release a Hikaru VF-1S TV version (alas, with black head arrows), and another VF-1J with grey visors to go with the GBP armor!

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Lol right! Yeah could always make some decals up but yeah they’ll come out with a Hikaru version too down the road

I dunno why, but I'm just not that excited about this one, at this point.  Maybe I've just had my fill of VF-1s.  I dunno what is going on with the head arrows, like others have said.  Even if they go with the yellow one (which is DYRL), it should have a black border around the arrow to make it stand out more.  Really makes me think the arrows are added on in post for those photos.  The TV Skull leader should also have red triangles on the shoulders, instead of yellow, but I don't think Bandai will fix that.

I'm glad they beefed up the pilot, as the TV pilots just seem off currently.  I'll probably try to get one on pre-order, but I'll live if I don't get this one.  I kinda prefer the DYRL Roy.

Will TV super parts be a thing?  I guess we'll find out.

12 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I dunno why, but I'm just not that excited about this one, at this point.  Maybe I've just had my fill of VF-1s.  I dunno what is going on with the head arrows, like others have said.  Even if they go with the yellow one (which is DYRL), it should have a black border around the arrow to make it stand out more.  Really makes me think the arrows are added on in post for those photos.  The TV Skull leader should also have red triangles on the shoulders, instead of yellow, but I don't think Bandai will fix that.

You're not the first person to mention this. Where is this coming from? They're yellow in the anime.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yep, sorry guys.:D

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Well this was quite a thing for me to wake up to here in pacific time! Looks like most people who ordered one of my Roys went with the DYRL version anyway, probably because they were going to get a DYRL pilot regardless. And hey, I really did anticipate exactly what the cockpit name/rank markings on the figure would look like. So that's pretty good right? Well, the next announced figure from my little venture is a DYRL 1S Blue Max, and I really don't think Bandai will now turn around and announce they are going to make that... unless @sqidd orders three.

Pilot.JPG.5384cb0d61c943dbd3963c4f3bc50c8d.JPG

With great power comes great responsibility.:D

Well, if this is a true TV release that's great for me. I alreday have three DYRL's (from @RedComet). I guess I need three TV's too right? That sounds like science.

I'll have some Yamato 1/48's to cut loose...........Or maybe convert them to Hikaru's with the TV Fast Packs.

Ok, this is getting out of hand.:rofl: