Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Wow!!!! 24 new replies since my last visit 4 hours ago!!!! 

For a moment, I thought Roys 1S was annouced :lol:

You just missed the pre-orders for it. 

Ready for the next Bloodbath or avoid the chaos altogether? Your call... 

7 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

You have to POST about Nippon-Yasan three times, that's the summoning ritual.

"Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls." Like @Kanedas Bike, I almost got in trouble in a Teams meeting when I read this post and started laughing. Mute button saved the day. If you want him to show up faster, I think you also have to mention ferry shipping (ironically much slower) and never having any problems securing multiple copies of toys on PO Madness nights.

6 hours ago, RedComet said:

If you're referring to the 001 rendered as 100 on the fins I considered it but ultimately did not. It turned out to just be too hard to get it 100% the same size and font, as you would have all the other 001 to compare it to, so I decided it would probably be best left alone. For something like the Rank and Name overlay though, if you get it 95% the same fonts and size, it looks just fine because there's nothing to immediately compare it to.

I quickly gave up on size and font matching about 18 years ago when I first started designing and printing decals for Macross toys and models. Best option is to import a picture of the marking into Illustrator or Inkscape and trace what you need. I only do that for markings where it really matters, though, like modex numbers. Especially for larger toys and models where you can't hide the differences. The set I made for the Plamax 1/20 Strike Gerwalk kit was challenging in that regard.

So here is a bit of a dilemma. I WAS going to offer people who wanted the TV version of Roy the TV style blue flight suit option, but then I took a look at the difference between the DYRL and TV suits and realized that it is a BIG difference haha. So what do you all think? Should I just give up on doing more than the helmet color change? (FWIW almost everyone is getting DYRL style anyway, but I personally was gonna have mine done TV)

2116933107_ScreenShot2020-06-02at8_46_27AM.png.f9af54887e8dfa920d8731bd91403907.png

52 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So here is a bit of a dilemma. I WAS going to offer people who wanted the TV version of Roy the TV style blue flight suit option, but then I took a look at the difference between the DYRL and TV suits and realized that it is a BIG difference haha. So what do you all think? Should I just give up on doing more than the helmet color change? (FWIW almost everyone is getting DYRL style anyway, but I personally was gonna have mine done TV)

2116933107_ScreenShot2020-06-02at8_46_27AM.png.f9af54887e8dfa920d8731bd91403907.png

There are minor differences between the TV Roy 1S and DYRL Roy 1S.  How did you have the artist attack it?  I'd only offer the pilot that matches the correct paint scheme IMO.

25-Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-10B.jpg

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Can’t remember if I posted this already but finally got my Hikaru 1S all loaded up like the scene where he goes balls to the wall against boldoza and it looks great. Loving the 1/48’s

Pics please!!!:good:

I haven't posted in a while but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate Nippon-Yasan. 

Today marks exactly one year since I pre-ordered and paid for 2 sets of the Bandai DX Chogokin Super/Strike parts.  Neither set has yet to ship.   I've sent many inquiries and the only response I got was either upgrade to UPS shipping for $50 EACH (!) or downgrade to Ferry for free -- yet no mention of WHEN they would ship.

This marks the first time where I've paid a vendor up front, in full WITH shipping included, and that vendor either hasn't shipped the product or offered a refund.  

Congrats, NY!  This definitely deserves special recognition...

If anyone is still waiting on NY to ship SSP, folks you need to start disputing it in your card and buy them on eBay or somewhere else.

Folks are going to get hosed with “sorry, here’s a voucher”. Then.. “Damn while I waited they went up over the $200 mark!”

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

If anyone is still waiting on NY to ship SSP, folks you need to start disputing it in your card and buy them on eBay or somewhere else.

Folks are going to get hosed with “sorry, here’s a voucher”. Then.. “Damn while I waited they went up over the $200 mark!”

Not with PayPal lol.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

You’ve summoned the NY PR bot!

Slave IV; tell us why we should be grateful for this outstanding customer service from NY.

Seems more like you’ve become the Slave IV jock bot. :p

It was funny and all but you are certainly playing it out, lol. 

After NY told me they were holding off on shipping until EMS is available again, I asked them if I could change my shipping method. They responded that I could pay an additional 13000+ yen to upgrade to UPS (after paying 8700 up front for EMS a year ago) or downgrade to Ferry for a 4700 yen credit. This is for 5 S/S Part sets.  I said I would like to switch to Ferry.

Its been over a year, whats another 3 months?

Edited by Corrinald

31 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

After NY told me they were holding off on shipping until EMS is available again, I asked them if I could change my shipping method. They responded that I could pay an additional 13000+ yen to upgrade to UPS (after paying 8700 up front for EMS a year ago) or downgrade to Ferry for a 4700 yen credit. This is for 5 S/S Part sets.  I said I would like to switch to Ferry.

Its been over a year, whats another 3 months?

I've been ferry all along... I'm utterly unaffected by the pandemic... they just haven't put anything in a box yet. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I've been ferry all along... I'm utterly unaffected by the pandemic... they just haven't put anything in a box yet. 

That’s odd; this is reminiscent of the 31A.
I wonder if some folks will not receive their copies until almost a year from the release date.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Seems more like you’ve become the Slave IV jock bot. :p

It was funny and all but you are certainly playing it out, lol. 

There’s a joke in here somewhere? I think it involves a pot and a kettle but I’m not clever enough to put it together lol

You got me pretty well figured and I ain’t mad at ya :)

Well NY seem so behind that I’m not banned yet and still show both of my SSP orders as in good standing/Pre-order Status while PayPal has already refunded me because they never replied to the case. And it’s been weeks since the refund :blink:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

6 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I just sent a ticket about this. The USA isn't affected by the Ems delays

Ferry is still an option, but no new EMS shipments to the US have been accepted by Japan Post since 24 April:

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0423_03_en.html

At the time they estimated four months to clear out the current backlog. I've had an SSP set sitting at the Tokyo airport mail facility, with no movement, since 18 Apr. It wasn't returned to the shipper because it cleared customs right before the announcement was made, but several MW members saw their packages returned and then had to pick a different method.

So my long delayed local group order I put together at the end of March, clicked ship, April 2nd, and that actually shipped April 4th, finally arrived long after everything in it had been replaced and shipped DHL haha. SO I have a bunch of stuff that now needs homes. 1 NIB 1S, 1 NIB 1J, 1 Open box "displayed but never transformed" 1J 3x NIB SSP (1st run if that matters) 2x Missile sets. LMK if anyone wants any of it just looking to recoup costs at this point. I am a teacher on summer break at the moment, I live in the East Bay and would deliver anywhere in the Bay Area, or even meet you half way to Sacramento/Stockton if you want. I would also ship it of course, but that would obviously cost more.

FC060500-486F-426C-8738-1C122C0486FB.jpeg

C9AC8B1F-E42A-4EB4-B2AA-0BA046564C14.jpeg

EF236E73-5AA7-4ACF-921D-EBB430F9B4C8.jpeg