Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Yeah :Dwas going to add it to my stockpile for customization. But you clearly wanted it more haha:good:

After looking through the other auctions the price was still good for what the VF-1S is going for. But it was approaching my limit. :good:

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

The blue is for the Max 1A that hasn't been released yet, either (just teased).  Technically DYRL Kakizaki hasn't been released either, but there has been a preorder.

The black is indeed intended for Roy, who hasn't really been teased yet (we haven't actually seen a Roy VF-1S in plastic yet).  The chances of them NOT making him at some point are ridiculously low.  So if you plan on getting one, buy enough fast packs accordingly.

The emblem that is "missing" is the red 011 for Hikaru 1A.  The included red one is intended for Hikaru 1S.  Maybe Bandai will include the correct emblem with the Hikaru 1A; maybe they won't care and just expect us to use the red one we already have.

That’s explains it, thx for the lesson.  Didn’t even know the differences on the emblems. For me it was red going on red and so on ;)

Yes I’m absolutely going for the Roy one when it gets out. Been trying to read the different threads so I got the impression it will take some time so I went for the VF-1S that’s already been released meanwhile. The model looks so awesome I couldn’t help myself :) 

So where is the best place to get another SSP these days (with reduced shipping and all) and what would be a decent price for a set?  (Now you got me all worried about a naked upcoming Roy - I really love them on my VF-1S Hikkie)

Anyone in Canada wanting to unload any extras?

Edited by wm cheng

Have you tried Amazon.jp  @wm cheng

Since your in Toronto and I'm in Vancouver,  you can get one sent over here by a third party seller and "Fulfilled by Amazon"

(Flame me because we're all branded as tree huggers here. :p You can't flame me as I did live in Toronto for 20 years, so I'm both a Torontian and an Vancouverite by default).   

Edit: For your SSP parts @Corrinald, I think there is a write up on the "Suspension of Mail" thread. You might want to check that out.

Damn.. Can seem to spell these days. 

Edited by borgified

Alright everyone, here is the big reveal. I have been obsessed with the Bandai DX figures since before I got my hands on one, and then after I first transformed one I was smitten. I have been working on this project for over two months now, but the first three are finally finished. I am proud to present the Bandai DX Roy Focker Weathering Special B)) Who wants one?

1735754836_ThreeRoys.jpg.fc993c97c69a5bbc42cf5e3b77af337a.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg.a3a1ad89081a274252be93179a966353.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg.a7aab0d8a71372a0654912edcec003aa.jpgDSC_0240.jpg.607eb768bdc6fb836eeabdd3eba54465.jpg

2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Alright everyone, here is the big reveal. I have been obsessed with the Bandai DX figures since before I got my hands on one, and then after I first transformed one I was smitten. I have been working on this project for over two months now, but the first three are finally finished. I am proud to present the Bandai DX Roy Focker Weathering Special B)) Who wants one?

DSC_0190.jpg.a7aab0d8a71372a0654912edcec003aa.jpgDSC_0240.jpg.607eb768bdc6fb836eeabdd3eba54465.jpg

Ok, that turned out looking really great! Nice job!

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

I'll take three!:yahoo:

34 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

These look spectacular! Excellent work.

Is the pilot painted too?

Yes, pilot helmets (the only difference for DYRL) are getting painted yellow this weekend, but I didn't want to hold up the photo shoot for that haha :D If you want a TV roy colored pilot, you might have to do it yourself haha

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Looks great but I’ll wait for the official release. Maybe Bandai will get scurrreed and release Roy soon. If you’re taking offers for weathering, I’d be down to get an old Yammie Hikaru done.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

9 hours ago, RedComet said:

Awsome!!! 

Refarding strike parts for the DX series. I looked at one of the video reviews from schorched earth, btw Awsome videos, he wasn’t over the moon about em because of em not having a peg to be able to lock the legs. Is this a big issue or does it still stay on well regardless? I’m really tempted on buying em. 

Edited by Jesper77

1 minute ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Looks great but I’ll wait for the official release. Maybe Bandai will get scurrreed and release Roy sun. If you’re taking offers for weathering, I’d be down to get an old Yammie Hikaru done.

Well part of the idea with a Weathering Special is that we know Bandai will NEVER do that haha, so no need to hold your breath. When I saw Kakizaki was next I figured the over/under on a DX Roy was 2 years. I am not sure if the artist would be as comfortable working with the Yamato, cause it has that reputation for fragility (at least compared to the DX). But I can see if he would be open to it.

21 hours ago, RedComet said:

Amazing work @RedComet!! :good:

21 hours ago, RedComet said:

What’s the price tag on one of those Roy Weathering versions? 

1 minute ago, Rogueload said:

What’s the price tag on one of those Roy Weathering versions? 

It depends on what options you want, but PM me if you're interested and I will tell you everything. But, just FYI, in a month you won't be the only one on MW Forums who has one ;) 

22 hours ago, RedComet said:

LOOKS AMAZING!

red comet, that looks pretty amazing.  reminds me of the same style weathering yamato used to do but nicer if a bit heavier.  congrats!  

i really want a focker release when they do get around to it.  i think tracking down the hikaru dyrl vf-1s that i shouldnt have passed on is gonna be way spendy.  gah.  nevermind pandemic era shipping prices!

22 hours ago, RedComet said:

Yes, pilot helmets (the only difference for DYRL) are getting painted yellow this weekend, but I didn't want to hold up the photo shoot for that haha :D If you want a TV roy colored pilot, you might have to do it yourself haha

I mean this in a very deferential way but...........................you are one batsheez crazy mad skillz modeller to even attempt this on such a rare/hard to find and very expensive figure evah!:crazy::shok:

18 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

red comet, that looks pretty amazing.  reminds me of the same style weathering yamato used to do but nicer if a bit heavier.  congrats!  

i really want a focker release when they do get around to it.  i think tracking down the hikaru dyrl vf-1s that i shouldnt have passed on is gonna be way spendy.  gah.  nevermind pandemic era shipping prices!

I mean, if you got one of these you would both have an amazing looking Roy and technically also a DYRL Hikaru 1S :p it would ship to you snugly secure in this box after all haha

Screenshot 2020-05-11 18.46.56.png

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

I mean this in a very deferential way but...........................you are one batsheez crazy mad skillz modeller to even attempt this on such a rare/hard to find and very expensive figure evah!:crazy::shok:

Haha, thanks? Yeah, at least it turned out well and nobody accused me or "ruining" the figures haha

30 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Looks great, you should weather the missiles too.

It's something I thought about, then probably overthought :blink: But let me ask you a question, can you name one episode where Skull 1 doesn't fire off every single missile? Logically to me, weathering happens over time, but every time missiles are loaded up, they are instantly used and even the micro missile boxes are discarded. So stylistically you may be right, but logically it didn't make sense to me :D but hey getting missiles, and strike parts for that matter, weathered and/or panel lined will of course be an option for anyone who orders their own. That's kinda the nice thing about small batch customs ^_^

59 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Haha, thanks? Yeah, at least it turned out well and nobody accused me or "ruining" the figures haha

You ruined the figures! (There, now you’ve been accused :hi:

59 minutes ago, RedComet said:

If I understand correctly, you commissioned the work to an artist right @RedComet? It was a good call to have it weathered. Personally, I’d rather wait for Roy to officially be released than to pay on top of the actual price to get a Roy now. Even if I had Roy weathered after his official release, I imagine it would be less expensive to just weather than to redeco the whole thing. Plus, unless you’re not taking a cut, I would be paying for you as a broker as you handle the relationship with the artist.

However, for impatient people like @sqidd this is perfect. :yahoo: It looks great.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

However, for impatient people like @sqidd this is perfect. :yahoo: It looks great.

The one time in my life that I practice impatience is with toys. They're a guilty pleasure anyway. Why not throw some impatience on top of that and get it out of my system?

I have to practice a TON of patience doing what I do for a living. It's nice to have one thing where I can "let my hair down" and frankly, act like a kid. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" (or in my case, all work/responsibility and no play makes sqidd bat-crap crazy:p). I like having an outlet for my more "irresponsible" needs. It's how I manage my particular brand of crazy. Or as my web developer says, "That's where you keep your crazy" (referring to the toy collection). She doesn't mean that as a negative in any way. She's pretty "zen". She understands that some if not all people need a spot to put their crazy so it doesn't get in the way of the things you can't let that crazy get to.

Yes, I'm up way too late in a bunch of pain (even on the good drugs) from some pretty nasty oral surgery today. I'm not sure that my brain still works right now.:crazy: