Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

39 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This is probably because NY is not ordering directly from Bandai.  They took more orders than Bandai would allow them, and are now probably desperately scrambling to find all of the stock they promised people.  

There's no way that NY goes and searches the secondary market for stock they fail to acquire. The margins are too thin in this business for that to ever be the case. If it were, they'd simply offer everyone store credit and eventually cash for those who fought with them enough. People said the same thing about scouring the secondary market with the VF-31A and it did not happen. While I have no idea what NY does, they definitely do not buy (at a loss) to fulfill your order. It's much more likely they have a commercial arrangement with Bandai that gives them access to a larger ordering pool but at the slowest terms. Where individual consumers get their products shipped directly, NY probably receives some in this manner and many more via some boat shipment (or multiple boat shipments) with a "you get it when you get it" attitude. This would also explain why most people got bumped to April. NY probably only received the few orders for their standard accounts that they ordered and had their entire 'commercial' order bumped to the next release.

53 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can anyone confirm receiving their Dec order? I have a feeling that no one actually received their Dec order and that everyone was pushed to April. :ph34r:

My thoughts as well. I don't think anybody received a December order from them. Doubt they have a commercial agreement with Bandai for TWE as well. That'd probably cause a stink with the other retailers and otherwise we'd see Amiami and/or HLJ carry pre-orders for TWE items.

11 minutes ago, crackpot said:

My thoughts as well. I don't think anybody received a December order from them. Doubt they have a commercial agreement with Bandai for TWE as well. That'd probably cause a stink with the other retailers and otherwise we'd see Amiami and/or HLJ carry pre-orders for TWE items.

Again, there's no way they're taking a loss and buying from other stores/sellers. I don't think it would create a stink either. How many other retailers want to take a tiny margin TWE item and order a ton of it and then deal with people pinging them constantly saying "everyone has their stuff, why don't I have mine??" Big companies like Bandai also offer perks to channels and maybe TWE access is one of them. "If you carry all our lines and sell X¥ in goods every quarter, you get this kickback."  CDJapan used to carry TWE items and stopped, Anime Export still does. NY was shipping VF-31A toys at MSRP after they retailed for $500 on the secondary market... I guarantee they were not buying them and selling them at a loss.... they were getting them slowly at cost (or close to it). Otherwise, they would cancel orders.

Edited by jenius

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I thought I saw some people mention getting their orders for the first round from NY.

Nope. Those were the other retailers. 

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

Again, there's no way they're taking a loss and buying from other stores/sellers.

I didn't say this either. The idea of them buying somewhere else was in reference to the marked up PO units they're selling. I think CDJapan stopped carrying TWE after the VF-31A fiasco. Probably realized it wasn't worth the headache. Yes, AE does carry TWE but from what I noticed, the units available seem to be on the low side. 

Edited by crackpot

43 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

What’s the difference between tv supers and movie supers?

Physically, the arm armor:

Yamato-V2-Super-Hik-5A.jpgA lot of the KO VF-1's lately seem to be putting DYRL-style arm armor on TV-only valks (Max and Milia, etc), they apparently don't know (or don't care) about the difference.  

7 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Physically, the arm armor:

Yamato-V2-Super-Hik-5A.jpgA lot of the KO VF-1's lately seem to be putting DYRL-style arm armor on TV-only valks (Max and Milia, etc), they apparently don't know (or don't care) about the difference.  

Did Yamato ever do 1/48 TV armor?

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Again, there's no way they're taking a loss and buying from other stores/sellers. I don't think it would create a stink either. How many other retailers want to take a tiny margin TWE item and order a ton of it and then deal with people pinging them constantly saying "everyone has their stuff, why don't I have mine??" Big companies like Bandai also offer perks to channels and maybe TWE access is one of them. "If you carry all our lines and sell X¥ in goods every quarter, you get this kickback."  CDJapan used to carry TWE items and stopped, Anime Export still does. NY was shipping VF-31A toys at MSRP after they retailed for $500 on the secondary market... I guarantee they were not buying them and selling them at a loss.... they were getting them slowly at cost (or close to it). Otherwise, they would cancel orders.

See.. I thought for certain people had received packages from NY that were marked with other retail stickers, at other prices than what they were charged by NY.

That's where my assumption stems from, mostly.  

As far as them taking a loss.. no, I can't prove anything, but my suspicion is that their shipping charges and gradual markup process are padding to cushion the reality that they may have stocking requests fall through, and might have to take small losses on some items to fulfill orders.

They sell a very wide range of items, and these sorts of things may not be a significant strain if they have to acquire a few on the secondary market to fill their orders.  I really don't know.

What I -do- know is that NY fubared themselves by failing to place any orders during the first order window with Bandai.  That places them in the hole for one pre-order's worth of allocation, and they either have to make that up somewhere, or cancel half of the orders they received.  I have no idea how they expect to make up that deficit.

Unless they can actually convince Bandai to fill all the orders they failed to place, I don't know where else they are going to get the stock to satisfy all of their customers.

Edited by Chronocidal

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See.. I thought for certain people had received packages from NY that were marked with other retail stickers, at other prices than what they were charged by NY.

That's where my assumption stems from, mostly.  

As far as them taking a loss.. no, I can't prove anything, but my suspicion is that their shipping charges and gradual markup process are padding to cushion the reality that they may have stocking requests fall through, and might have to take small losses on some items to fulfill orders.

They sell a very wide range of items, and these sorts of things may not be a significant strain if they have to acquire a few on the secondary market to fill their orders.  I really don't know.

What I -do- know is that NY fubared themselves by failing to place any orders during the first order window with Bandai.  That places them in the hole for one pre-order's worth of allocation, and they either have to make that up somewhere, or cancel half of the orders they received.  I have no idea how they expect to make up that deficit.

Unless they can actually convince Bandai to fill all the orders they failed to place, I don't know where else they are going to get the stock to satisfy all of their customers.

I never heard of anyone getting items from NY with other shops markings on them. Unless you mean the TWE shipper box. You know I pay attention to anything NY too. :D

I seriously doubt they will have any issue fulfilling the SSP though. They kept the orders open for a very long time and they are definitely known for closing preorders when they need to.  One thing they have proven is that they don’t sell what they can’t deliver. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Yamato did but it only came with the VF-1J Hikaru, Max & Miria sets. 

It was never sold separately like the DYRL version. 

TY

That explains why I hadn't see sets....there aren't any.

So it came with a VF-1J TV. If I remember correctly Hikaru never had Supers on the J did he? He only got them when he was in the S/Skull One? If that's the case it sure is hard to do a TV VF-1S with Supers.

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

TY

So it came with a VF-1J TV. If I remember correctly Hikaru never had Supers on the J did he? He only got them when he was in the S/Skull One? If that's the case it sure is hard to do a TV VF-1S with Supers.

Not terribly hard, you get a Super VF-1J Hikaru even though you know it never had supers in the show, then you buy the GBP and you put them on your Hikaru toy, then you buy a VF-1S Focker and you put on the TV supers... then you're done collecting 1/48 Yamato toys... Okay, maybe not done. At one point though I did dwindle my Yamato 1/48 down to just those pieces. 

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Not terribly hard, you get a Super VF-1J Hikaru even though you know it never had supers in the show, then you buy the GBP and you put them on your Hikaru toy, then you buy a VF-1S Focker and you put on the TV supers... then you're done collecting 1/48 Yamato toys... Okay, maybe not done. At one point though I did dwindle my Yamato 1/48 down to just those pieces. 

Those would be the three.

I would like to have a TV VF-1S "Skull Leader" with Supers for my Hikaru shelf. I've got the DX-J, GBP and three DX-S's. I think I want to change that shelf up to be:

-DX VF-1J in Fighter

-DX VF-1J in Gerwalk

-DX VF-1J in Battroid

-DX DYRL VF-1S in either in Fighter or Battroid. Whatever works best for the shelf.

-Yammie 1/48 TV VF-1S "Skull Leader" with Supers either in Fighter or Battroid. Whatever works best for the shelf.

-GBP

Getting two DX J's at current pricing isn't going to happen though. It's not THAT important to me. Maybe they will re-issue (unlikely I think). Or maybe in the future I can trade some of my DX S's for J's.

I'm getting pretty bored of no DX Roy release. I may customize the three DX S's I have in boxes to be Roy's and not have to wait. I got those extra three just in case there was never a Roy release.........;)

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I would like to have a TV VF-1S "Skull Leader" with Supers for my Hikaru shelf. I've got the DX-J, GBP and three DX-S's. I think I want to change that shelf up to be:

-DX VF-1J in Fighter

-DX VF-1J in Gerwalk

-DX VF-1J in Battroid

-DX DYRL VF-1S in either in Fighter or Battroid. Whatever works best for the shelf.

-Yammie 1/48 TV VF-1S "Skull Leader" with Supers either in Fighter or Battroid. Whatever works best for the shelf.

-GBP

Getting two DX J's at current pricing isn't going to happen though. It's not THAT important to me. Maybe they will re-issue (unlikely I think). Or maybe in the future I can trade some of my DX S's for J's.

I'm getting pretty bored of no DX Roy release. I may customize the three DX S's I have in boxes to be Roy's and not have to wait. I got those extra three just in case there was never a Roy release.........;)

There will be Roy. Just chill.

Then you can get three or six of those. :D

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

-DX VF-1J in Fighter

-DX VF-1J in Gerwalk

-DX VF-1J in Battroid

-GBP

Just remember. I want it all and I want it now. I need this pandemic to go away so I can get my Macross fix. Kakizaki helps a little buuuuut not enough. 

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

-DX VF-1J in Fighter

-DX VF-1J in Gerwalk

-DX VF-1J in Battroid

-GBP

I am collaborating with an actual artist (like he makes his living that way, as opposed to a hobbyist)  to make a run of DX Roys with weathering and/or panel lining as you like it (also choice of TV black or DYRL yellow head markings) :) To this end I have been planning for months, making custom decals, finding the right paint codes and hoarding a LOT of 1S from Japanese sites haha. I will be posting pics of the first three when they are finished. They only need the clear coat now, so should be Monday or Tuesday. Second batch should be good to go for mid June. If you want one let me know!

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There will be Roy. Just chill.

Then you can get three or six of those. :D

Me, chill? Unfortunately and fortunately not in my programming. It makes it hard for me to be.......content may be the word. But, the glass half full of being like that is I get a lot of stuff done. It has to be managed though. I only sleep about 4hrs a night now. I need to get that back up to 5-6. I really don't know how I survive. I'm either working, in the gym crushing it or on the mountain bike trail.....you guessed it, crushing it. I'm always a bit tired, sore, beat up and I almost never fully recover. It's a blessing and a curse.

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

I am collaborating with an actual artist (like he makes his living that way, as opposed to a hobbyist)  to make a run of DX Roys with weathering and/or panel lining as you like it (also choice of TV black or DYRL yellow head markings) :) To this end I have been planning for months, making custom decals, finding the right paint codes and hoarding a LOT of 1S from Japanese sites haha. I will be posting pics of the first three when they are finished. They only need the clear coat now, so should be Monday or Tuesday. Second batch should be good to go for mid June. If you want one let me know!

I'll certainly see pics if they're posted in here. I'm looking forward to it! I may pull the trigger on three.

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Me, chill? Unfortunately and fortunately not in my programming. It makes it hard for me to be.......content may be the word. But, the glass half full of being like that is I get a lot of stuff done. It has to be managed though. I only sleep about 4hrs a night now. I need to get that back up to 5-6. I really don't know how I survive. I'm either working, in the gym crushing it or on the mountain bike trail.....you guessed it, crushing it. I'm always a bit tired, sore, beat up and I almost never fully recover. It's a blessing and a curse.

You need a wife or some girlfriends and crush those. :lol:

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'll certainly see pics if they're posted in here. I'm looking forward to it! I may pull the trigger on three.

Three?!? Dang man! But yeah, if you want a TV a DYRL and a Max 1S  (coming in August if there is enough demand for a run of at least 5) you could have 3 different ones haha :D but there are still 7 unspoken for for June delivery. Demand beyond that would push out into July. First come first served.

Both at Umeda Branch

DX VF-1s Hikaru for 28k yen (unopened, box damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1124798960&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: DX SSP snagged already

DX SSP for 12k yen (Unopened, box damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1128767132&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edited by borgified

On 5/15/2020 at 6:03 AM, Smacky said:

I don't get the horseshit that NY is trying to feed here.  This is the response I got from the customer service this morning. 

Date: 2020-05-14 14:59:24
Name: Marine
Printer friendly version

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message

We apologize if we were unable to send your order upon release of the product.
After checked your order with the Delivery Center we regret to inform you we won't be able to ship your order on time.
We will receive our stock with delay, therefore your order will be sent approximately two weeks late.

But yet they were sending out orders 3 weeks ago?  What gives with these guys? 

Beerbug.

17 hours ago, sqidd said:

TY

No problemo!

And pretty much what @jenius said. If you do get a VF-1J Hikaru set, 1S Roy, GBP and all that. Put the Hikaru figure in the Roy VF-1S and you've got yourself an accurate Hikaru TV VF-1S w/fast packs. You'll be living the dream at that point. B))