Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

35 minutes ago, sqidd said:

200.gif

LOL

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Maybe with NY. But I've used DHL three times since the shipping got cut off and each delivery showed up in three days. I've been paying $36/unit average going DHL. The key is to ship multiple units at the same time.

Also, I'm not good at relaxing. A super power. And also a super weakness.:D

YUP. Same here. Mostly because there are no refunds or replacements on these things. Not enough assurances on ferry for my OCD.

I don’t know for sure but I suspect that EMS and other shipping options will switch to the slow boat just to keep things moving. At least that’s what I hope happens. I don’t mind waiting as long as it’s not stuck in limbo somewhere. In Canada things are still moving but there’s a huge backlog. It’s busier than Christmas time because everyone is shopping more online and they are prioritizing the shipment of protective equipment.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t get it. Even if you pay crazy prices you aren’t guaranteed your shipment quickly. Why not just choose ferry, pay less and kick back, relax and strap on your seatbelt?

These premium courier shipments tend to stick to the estimated time frame they state because they have their own planes and delivery trucks separated to express delivery and normal yet faster than post office delivery. A delay of a day at the most due to in-house customs clearance or weather issues can happen with their express options. Unless the shipment gets lost or some unforeseen problem happens , that's the only time it gets severely delayed. That's why their prices can be exorbitantly more than EMS. If they say guaranteed next day by 10:30 AM, it will be there. The good thing is, the cost can be reasonable and lower because companies that regularly do a lot of volume shipping and/or have accounts with them get a discount.

I am surprised to see so many people complaint about NY but still ordering from them. 

do you guys just order from there and it’s a... “well, maybe I’ll get it, maybe I won’t?” kind of thing?

why not just order from someplace else or buy things on the secondary market? Is their pricing so good that it’s worth the headache?

56 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I am surprised to see so many people complaint about NY but still ordering from them. 

do you guys just order from there and it’s a... “well, maybe I’ll get it, maybe I won’t?” kind of thing?

why not just order from someplace else or buy things on the secondary market? Is their pricing so good that it’s worth the headache?

For my part, I’m not complaining. Just commenting in general about our new dilemma on shipping. It’s not NY specific though I used them as an example as it pertains to me. You’re actually turning this convo into NY specific for which there is already a thread dedicated to. (And though I was replying on SSPs there’s a shipping thread as well that I could comment on instead.)  It should probably move there. But to answer briefly:

First question: No, I’ve personally never experienced that before.

Second question: We’re in unprecedented times. Might have to begin doing that. :)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Well, NY never failed to deliver an order i placed with them. Sure, sometimes they can be slow but everytime there was some kind of delay i emailed them and usually they were always very kind to explain the problem to me. I think they started to have some more serious issues when they changed something in their shipping process a couple of months ago(don't know the details). Personally the only reason why i keep ordering from them (although i did start to use other websites) it's because i never have to pay any kind of custom fee when getting an item from them, and in Italy it's basically 25% of the price of the goods including shipping cost. You can understand it makes a big difference.

10 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an update from ups, saying that my super/strike parts from NY should be here Tuesday. At least that's one order taken care of.

Same here! They must have packed up a bunch of orders right before close of business last Friday.

I have yet to hear from NY. Don't know if I should let them contact me when they are ready, or nudge them and ask about changing from EMS to UPS shipping.

My order contained 5 Super/Strike parts so it's possible they will push it to the end of the list. I ordered them in the first batch within hours of them being posted on the site. 

How they handle this determines if I ever use NY again 

Yeah, I got three sets coming by ferry and no word. Not sure if NY prioritizes based on anything. Maybe they do the people who ordered one or two units first and then bigger orders later? Maybe they prioritize faster shipping methods first? They definitely don't do it by time order received because I also ordered within hours of the listing and got bumped to the second release and even now don't have a shipping notification. You definitely don't shop at NY for the service...

On 4/24/2020 at 12:23 AM, Shawn said:

Honestly that cel shaded 1/48 really hurts my brain...my eyes can't quite resolve exactly what I'm looking at, but it is there in real life...but it isn't at the same time.

Incredible work, I would love to see that in person! :)

Looking at their channel the 1/3000 SDF-1 is mind blowing, the yf-19 looks like CGI, and the Jetfire..LOL!

Skill level off the charts.

My brain concurs

It's like it's real, but it's not... I like it... I'll have to try that on one of the massive pile of Hase VF-1 kits on my shelf, \

This looks too good not to try-out

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I wish he wasn't on the other side of the planet and not booked for 2yrs.:(

Have you put in an order to get on the waiting list? I wasn’t going to buy but this DX 1S has put me over the edge. I think I have to have him do at least one piece for me to have a true Masterpiece to highlight my collection. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yeah, I got three sets coming by ferry and no word. Not sure if NY prioritizes based on anything. Maybe they do the people who ordered one or two units first and then bigger orders later? Maybe they prioritize faster shipping methods first? They definitely don't do it by time order received because I also ordered within hours of the listing and got bumped to the second release and even now don't have a shipping notification. You definitely don't shop at NY for the service...

An additional data point: my one set shipped on Friday via UPS (switched from EMS) and I didn't place my order until the day after the second listing went live (payment processed on 12 June 2019). I haven't purchased many items from them, so I'm not in any way a VIP customer.

25 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

VIP customer.

There's no such thing with NY. Haha.

2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

I ordered them in the first batch within hours of them being posted on the site. 

Same here.  Not surprising and as I've said before, their customer service is a grade "C" for me.  Most days I'm just fine with that, but I'm not very comfortable with it the way current circumstances are playing out.  I just ordered 4 sets from AJ for less than NY's PO (including shipping for both,) so once I know that my AJ ones have shipped....

200.gif.91df7abc5238a5c29ef9aad4a941d522.gif

... As @sqidd would say.

2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

I have yet to hear from NY. Don't know if I should let them contact me when they are ready, or nudge them and ask about changing from EMS to UPS shipping.

My order contained 5 Super/Strike parts so it's possible they will push it to the end of the list. I ordered them in the first batch within hours of them being posted on the site. 

How they handle this determines if I ever use NY again 

I sent them a message asking to upgrade shipping too, but I figure I missed the window.

For now, I'm sitting tight. The main office is closed for Golden Week (aka Stay Home Week--thanks 2020). We will likely get our replies when people are allowed to go back to work, which should be May 7 or May 8 if N-Y's message is accurate. I'm thinking worst case, though, and wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a reply before that weekend or Monday, May 11.

4 minutes ago, technoblue said:

For now, I'm sitting tight. The main office is closed for Golden Week (aka Stay Home Week--thanks 2020). We will likely get our replies when people are allowed to go back to work, which should be May 7 or May 8 if N-Y's message is accurate. I'm thinking worst case, though, and wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a reply before that weekend or Monday, May 11.

That is correct. Here's what Japan-guide says on their website: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

Golden Week 2020

In 2020, the weekends are placed in a way to create a 5-day weekend. However, due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, people are requested not to travel during this year's Golden Week.

Mon
April 27
Tue
April 28
Wed
April 29
Thu
April 30
Fri
May 1
Sat
May 2
Sun
May 3
Mon
May 4
Tue
May 5
Wed
May 6
Thu
May 7
Fri
May 8
Sat
May 9
Sun
May 10

I'm actually glad that managed to get a DX 1s Hikaru and the rest of the corresponding stuff before this worldwide situation happened, otherwise I'll be going bonkers just trying to piece the stuff together and with the Suspension of Mailing taking place as well. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Have you put in an order to get on the waiting list? I wasn’t going to buy but this DX 1S has put me over the edge. I think I have to have him do at least one piece for me to have a true Masterpiece to highlight my collection. 

I was going to pull the trigger in January. Then he let me know the wait time. I thought, "The world could end between now and then" ..................and then this happened. So the pandemic is my fault. Sorry guys.:p

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

I was going to pull the trigger in January. Then he let me know the wait time. I thought, "The world could end between now and then" ..................and then this happened. So the pandemic is my fault. Sorry guys.:p

You ahole!:lol:

Anyways, I'm going to seriously look into it at some point. Does he require a deposit to hold your spot?

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

You ahole!:lol:

Anyways, I'm going to seriously look into it at some point. Does he require a deposit to hold your spot?

I just checked my email. No money up front. It's a good move in his part. It's not like he's really going to get stuck with something. Not with a waiting list like that.

$750 to do a DX with SSP's. 

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just checked my email. No money up front. It's a good move in his part. It's not like he's really going to get stuck with something. Not with a waiting list like that.

$750 to do a DX with SSP's. 

Oh sh!+!:o I thought it would be around $400 for some reason...$750 is still worth it but damn.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by Slave IV

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Oh sh!+!:o I thought it would be around $400 for some reason...$750 is still worth it but damn.

Thanks for the info!

That's some bucks! IMO he should get that much. I showed a buddy of main that paints (paintings) and he was shocked that he did that much work for so little. And a 2yr waiting list says something about the pricing too. It's not too high.

A DX with SSP's is quite a lot of work.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

That's some bucks! IMO he should get that much. I showed a buddy of main that paints (paintings) and he was shocked that he did that much work for so little. And a 2yr waiting list says something about the pricing too. It's not too high.

A DX with SSP's is quite a lot of work.

Exactly! If I could do that, I wouldn't do it for that price.

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I remember this comment... It IS your fault. You have a whole lot to answer for buddy!

Anyways, I might be down to do this on a VF-1S and an SDF-1. There is no deposit to hold a place in line in case you get cold feet or anything 2 years from now?

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I remember this comment... It IS your fault. You have a whole lot to answer for buddy!

Anyways, I might be down to do this on a VF-1S and an SDF-1. There is no deposit to hold a place in line in case you get cold feet or anything 2 years from now?

My bad on that pandemic thing.:rolleyes:

Yeah, from the sound of it he just holds your spot in line??? I never got that far with him. I suppose I should have asked that. EDIT: I just asked him. I'll let you guys know.

Edited by sqidd