Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

are they good ? never purchased from them 

Haven't had actual issues  with them yet (ordered some Metal builds, DX and other figures). I only had one minor issue with them and I think it's more systems related, in which one of the POs which had a delayed release seems to disappear in my history/account when the date was moved. But they fixed it immediately when I informed them about it. So I think just make sure you have a copy of order/transactions (screenies, etc). There's some history though with them cancelling PO which I believe happened on Kairos orders of some users here IIRC.

Ahh okay. Mine is still pending but I can't imagine it will go through. Will see if I get a response from them tonight. 

That's nuts they reached their limit on something in a few hours that's open to preorders for a month .So much for TWE items being easier to secure in the early stages.

Bandai is special.

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

Ahh okay. Mine is still pending but I can't imagine it will go through. Will see if I get a response from them tonight. 

That's nuts they reached their limit on something in a few hours that's open to preorders for a month .So much for TWE items being easier to secure in the early stages.

Bandai is special.

Bandai limits TWE purchases per registered mailing address. I believe FJ doesn't use that many mailing addresses so they hit the cap that quick.

16 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Bandai limits TWE purchases per registered mailing address. I believe FJ doesn't use that many mailing addresses so they hit the cap that quick.

Guess we'll see if those of us with pending orders are successful. Maybe FJ keeps track of requests and processes them in order instead of first come, first served (within reason). Should know in about 6-7 hours.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I’m surprised NY came out with such a high price. Not very typical for them and they lost my business on this one. For those that went with FJ, how much did it end up being? Thanks!

¥19,800 up front, ¥200 payment fee, ¥300 plan fee, ¥660 domestic shipping. So ¥20,960 before international shipping, of which ¥19,800 is up-front.

Then probably ~¥3000-¥5000 international shipping.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥19,800 up front, ¥200 payment fee, ¥300 plan fee, ¥660 domestic shipping. So ¥20,960 before international shipping, of which ¥19,800 is up-front.

Cool thanks! I should have acted faster but it seems times have definitely changed and there is urgency in placing TWE orders for Macross now. NY's stock seems to be down to 33 when I last checked.

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hmm.. If the grand total for Hayao's 1a at rougly 24k yen using the 3k yen shipping option, that's not too shabby.

Secondary markets like Manda and Amiami will mostly likely list it at 23k/24k yen (?) upon getting it and then add the S+H afterwards.

Jungle will retail it for 25k yen (sealed) when getting it and then the 5% fees and other stuff.

I might give Okiniland a try on my next DX order, however I'll get nabbed for Custom Fees upon getting it sent to Canada. "You win some, you lose some" as the adage goes and at least you get it what you ordered (hopefully). 

Glad I still have my Yamato 1/48 DYRL Kakizaki & Fast Pack set... easy pass for me on this DX. 

I'll keep holding out for a Roy TV 1S, VF-1D & some Cannon Fodders. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

There was a 1/48 Yammie Hayao 1a for grabs on Manda for 18k yen couple of months ago (regular version) and it was gone within a day of listing. If I wasn't cash strapped after getting the Urban City GBP, I would have got it. 

46 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow don't check this for a day and the 1A is either gone already or crazy marked up. WTF! I thought these exclusives were made to order. Now these these are selling out in a day?

I think the cause of this is difficult to pin down at the moment, but I would expect a combination of several significant factors reducing supply for this one in particular:
1. The current health mess is reducing everyone's production output, so production numbers may be lower already.
2. Depending on their employee situation, resale sites as well might be impacted in their ability to place large orders.
3. It's Kakizaki.  My guess would be that even without other problems, Bandai's not going to devote as many resources to producing the Ringo of Skull Squadron.  They know he's not going to be popular.

Exclusives were definitely easier in the past, but I don't think Bandai's online releases have ever actually been "made to order."  I think as time has gone on, people have discovered the tips and tricks to getting around the region lock, and proxy services have become commonplace enough that exclusives are starting to get hammered just like normal releases.

Along with that, more people are discovering that the exclusives can be obtained outside of Japan, and Bandai's typical policy of never re-releasing exclusives has become well known enough that both collectors and investors will jump at the chance to order, whether they even particularly want an item or not, just as a future-proofing step in case they decide they want it later.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wow don't check this for a day and the 1A is either gone already or crazy marked up. WTF! I thought these exclusives were made to order. Now these these are selling out in a day?

It's still available on the P-Bandai website, the issue is that the various proxies are already full on orders due to limited quantities per address.

Probably a lot of ebay/amazon sellers going to pop up.

From Japan seems to be the best price at just under 21k before shipping. Glad I got mine in before they reached their limit.

Probably going to use From Japan for all such orders from now on since AE is price gouging now. Preferred ordering from them in the past so I could bundle all my orders together.

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

Looks like FJ dropped my order. I didn't get a message but it disappeared from my shopping list. Hopefully they won't be too hard to get when it releases in August.

Just received my cancellation notice from them. And my refund notice from PayPal came in right behind it.

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

This will be easily had..

True, but it's just sad that even TWE releases like this one are becoming hyper-competitive. Imagine the bloodbath when it's something highly desirable. It's stressful enough to get up in the middle of the night for regular PO Madness. Now we have Proxy PO Madness to deal with, where you have to get your request in fast, and hope they get back to you fast, so you can pay fast, so they can order fast. All because Bandai severely restricts the number of units a proxy can purchase. TWE was the last vestige of a more civilized buying process. Now it's gone, too.

(And I don't do the middle of the night thing anymore. Not worth it. Would rather just pay a markup later. I think of it as a convenience fee so I can get a decent night's sleep and work the next day.)

Edited by Anasazi37

Well looking at the way they have been coming out. We got the TV VF-1J Hikaru & VF-1A Max, then DYRL VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1A Hayao, I'm betting we get a TV Release next of either VF-1S Roy or VF-1A Hayao.

8 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Well looking at the way they have been coming out. We got the TV VF-1J Hikaru & VF-1A Max, then DYRL VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1A Hayao, I'm betting we get a TV Release next of either VF-1S Roy or VF-1A Hayao.

I don’t think we’ll see a TV Roy.  If it’s a 1S it’d likely be Hikaru if history repeats itself.

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I don’t think we’ll see a TV Roy.  If it’s a 1a it’d likely be Hikaru if history repeats itself.

Corrected your post.

Then we get majorly screwed over if its Roy's 1s (then the bloodbath ensues to get a copy just like what @Slave IV mentioned). =@

Edit: Or better yet - Max's 1s

Edited by borgified

For those that was not able to place their preorder in due to their proxy of choice having already maxed out their order allotment.    Your choice is simple .

Since the preorder is still open on the p-Bandai page, all you need to do is ask another proxy to place the order for you .    If that’s also full , then ask the next proxy .

Similar to a regular release,  store A sold out , try store B,  then store C, etc .

Some proxy charge more than orders just like buying from different stores .

No need to give up so soon .