Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 3/14/2020 at 1:29 PM, borgified said:

Then who is going to assemble the product after the pre-orders are correlated? Everything is crawling at a snails pace until the virus is completely over then it's back to normal.  

Maybe Bandai should re consider off shoring/out sourcing their assembly plants and start making them straight from Japan again.

Edited by fenrir72

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Went to the store earlier and freaking supermarkets are now closing at 8pm because of this coronavirus panic.

Goddamn idiotic. As if the virus cares what time of day it is. Not to mention the idiots cleaned out the stores of TP and frozen pizzas, of all things.

Hoping this blows over soon so we can get the next DX (and I can get my turkey meatballs).

TP?

Was in Walmart yesterday and NOT for toilet paper. These two ladies were going at each other. Felt bad for the husbands. Both were trying to get thier significantly other involved.

Over....toilet paper. Peoples priorities are out of whack. Glad I happened to go to Dams Club 4 weeks back and bought a few. I'm set for a year at least. 

I know what you're saying @sh9000 . That thread would be 10 pages deep by now. It's on most peoples mind, so they're gonna talk about it, especially (and even) with their compatriots on a transforming robot anime website..

Honestly, we need more VF eye candy or this thread is dead at the pace Bandai will be announcing further teases.. bring back DYRL skull squadron and add that Roy to the head of the pack Bandai! ( please..)

Edited by Bolt

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Finally got the TV style fists I've been working on to a place I'm (mostly) happy with.  I'll probably have to do another left one for Hikaru, as I'm not happy about the color, but it will do for now.  I'll have to make another set if/when we get TV Kakizaki, as well.

IMG_20200315_185633.jpg

IMG_20200315_185735.jpg

IMG_20200315_185532.jpg

Looking good!

54 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Pretty much! I might go on a Valk shopping spree if I’m not careful!

I've only collected books and some kits, but decided to start collecting this new 1/48 DX line. I didn't think I'll want multiples of it but now I do!

Last week I ordered a couple of strike packs and missile sets, it amounted to about 2 valks and started to question what I've gotten myself into.:o

9 minutes ago, Jetreo said:

I've only collected books and some kits, but decided to start collecting this new 1/48 DX line. I didn't think I'll want multiples of it but now I do!

Last week I ordered a couple of strike packs and missile sets, it amounted to about 2 valks and started to question what I've gotten myself into.:o

LOL mate, no going back now! Welcome!

8F6BC90B-4CA3-4706-818D-3101875ADEA7.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Msgreene77 said:

Has anyone received their Super booster pack yet? I ordered two from Nippon-Yasson ages ago when pre-orders went up. Still waiting...

Most of us, probably you included, were immediately bumped to the end of April delivery date after the initial PO sold out, regardless of how quickly you PO'ed..... NY Seemingly bumped everyone to the second group. I wouldn't be surprised if the April release date gets pushed back due to the COVID19 debacle. 

Edited by jenius

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

Most of us, probably you included, were immediately bumped to the end of April delivery date after the initial PO sold out, regardless of how quickly you PO'ed..... NY Seemingly bumped everyone to the second group. I wouldn't be surprised if the April release date gets pushed back due to the COVID19 debacle. 

Probably will be delayed. But the rest of the squadron will be pushed back too, so whatever on that. I guess if you have a naked Hikaru 1S that you must have SSP for, you'll have to stalk places like Mandarake to snatch one.

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Probably will be delayed. But the rest of the squadron will be pushed back too, so whatever on that. I guess if you have a naked Hikaru 1S that you must have SSP for, you'll have to stalk places like Mandarake to snatch one.

Don't have any packs, but I'll still wait the extra 3-4 months for the ones I ordered from NY.

I waited this long, whats another few months.  They kind of don't exist to me at this point.

1 hour ago, Msgreene77 said:

Has anyone received their Super booster pack yet? I ordered two from Nippon-Yasson ages ago when pre-orders went up. Still waiting...

I've got several orders in with NY (some pre-order, some for stock allegedly on hand).  Since January, only one of them has shipped (a DX Max 1A) and it has yet to be received because I opted for the cheapest, slow-boat option when it came to shipping. 

Edited by Draykov

That's not including the 5% fees for processing it, etc..

Sub total for the valk = 31,185 yen before S+H

Using Manda or Amimi (if they have stock) is most user friendly. Jungle can be very pricy if no deals are found.

Jungle also adds the 10% consumption tax to all their prices when they post it on their website for overseas buyers.

Of course not everyone can go to a Jungle store in person, but if you did that 1S will be 27k on the shelf (they waive tax for foreigners).

Not a complaint, just an FYI.

Mandarake used to charge a 500 yen handling fee for any orders under 5000 yen but they got rid of that a few years back.

On 3/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, fenrir72 said:

Maybe Bandai should re consider off shoring/out sourcing their assembly plants and start making them straight from Japan again.

Except that would mean a massive price hike.
At Oshare Macross in Shinjuku they made it sound like Kakizaki would be coming out in the next month, let's hope that hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

That's not including the 5% fees for processing it, etc..

Sub total for the valk = 31,185 yen before S+H

Using Manda or Amimi (if they have stock) is most user friendly. Jungle can be very pricy if no deals are found.

So roughly what everyone else is charging right now, when you add up all of the taxes and fees they collect. Even Tenso takes their cut in handling charges and slightly-inflated shipping prices.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, jenius said:

Well my guess was going to be April 2020 but isn't that when the second wave of Strike Parts are due now? I wonder if they bumped a VF-1 to do a second run of strike parts. If they did, we may have to wait until like June 2020. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Coming out next month? Or do you mean Bandai will open POs next month?

If it PO's next month then @jenius called it going back to his prediction last June.