Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Hey bbilly29,

I heard Bandai is releasing a special edition matching armaments set to go with your two step transformation Kakyzaky.

Sorry, but the factory misspelled Bandai’s name on the box. You know how it they start with a prototype and always end up with a totally different commercialized product.

Can’t wait to order these and put skull and cross bones decals.

Awesome.

0A6BFE05-1EC6-47DB-9C94-8A5B21D3FD44.jpeg

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread over the past few days. So many popcorn GIFs I hadn't seen before. It really is a nicely built 1/48 Hasegawa kit. If anyone wants some white YCAPS NU stickers or decals, perhaps with some reversed modex numbers to match, let me know. :rofl:

38 minutes ago, bbilly29 said:

ok    to be clear...im a huge fan of the jet mode, being a pilot myself I love the f 14 and this is based of that aircraft.  That being said, the pics i had available and I posted show it being in a delta wing configuration as opposed to the conventional winged aircraft depicted in the previous photos, also the exhaust nozzles show the opened and vectored positions that they would assume when in the transformed "foot" positions i am told they transform into.   Im a plane guy so as far as I know this is a "transformation",  no jet I know of aside from an f22 and f35 can vector their thrust nozzles and none of those are "swing wings".  This is a "transformation" or isnt it?  Also  someone mentioned hinges,  my friend at Bandai said that there are indeed hinges but they are inside the new build and not visible from the outside, she also said that I shouldnt be dismayed by the disbelief here and offered me a quote to give to all of you regarding the gifs and doubting replies etc....

quote (in a british accent) "VERY heavy resistance sir."..."Yeees, but why are they using such primitive weapons?"

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, bbilly29 said:

to be honest theres a reason my girl at bandai gives me the inside info....she says its that theres something about having a boyfriend thats a pilot...and she always sings me a song after we....well you know....She says it in Japanese but one part is in english  and it goes, " i love you...you love meeee"   and then more japanese. lol.           (私の彼はパイロト

Wait just a minute here...

You're saying that your girl works at Bandai and sings that "I love you, you love me" song, them why do I have that kiddy song of Barney the Purple Dinosaur song stuck in my head for some strange reason??

Or

The song by the first Miss Macross winner "My Boyfriend is a Pilot".

Note: If the F22 and F35 can vector their thrust nozzles and "not swing things" is not called transformation. Transformation is when a object changes into another form by changing it into another shape and size that is totally different from its original state and size.  

23 minutes ago, bbilly29 said:

sorry  I had a few too many whiskey and sodas (Blantons if you even know whiskey), and revealed a bit more than I would have otherwise,  but in going to bed now,   west coast  pacific standard.  Hopefully I get a little more positivity in the morning....know what im saying?

Robotech jets 2020!    out.

futurama___trolling_is_bad.jpg

1 hour ago, bbilly29 said:

ok    to be clear...im a huge fan of the jet mode, being a pilot myself I love the f 14 and this is based of that aircraft.  That being said, the pics i had available and I posted show it being in a delta wing configuration as opposed to the conventional winged aircraft depicted in the previous photos, also the exhaust nozzles show the opened and vectored positions that they would assume when in the transformed "foot" positions i am told they transform into.   Im a plane guy so as far as I know this is a "transformation",  no jet I know of aside from an f22 and f35 can vector their thrust nozzles and none of those are "swing wings".  This is a "transformation" or isnt it?  Also  someone mentioned hinges,  my friend at Bandai said that there are indeed hinges but they are inside the new build and not visible from the outside, she also said that I shouldnt be dismayed by the disbelief here and offered me a quote to give to all of you regarding the gifs and doubting replies etc....

quote (in a british accent) "VERY heavy resistance sir."..."Yeees, but why are they using such primitive weapons?"

I was hoping you were the genuine scoop. People usually believe when presented with inconvertible  proof. Non photoshoped images would suffice. :(

4 hours ago, bbilly29 said:

to be honest theres a reason my girl at bandai gives me the inside info....she says its that theres something about having a boyfriend thats a pilot...and she always sings me a song after we....well you know....She says it in Japanese but one part is in english  and it goes, " i love you...you love meeee"   and then more japanese. lol.           (私の彼はパイロト

Maybe she can give you Bandai's pictures instead of Hasegawa's. People here know their valkyries, and they wont fall easily to trolling.

1970065527_giphy(4).gif.046457463c3fea30f348dfdce0a5f5fc.gif

5 hours ago, bbilly29 said:

GF.jpg

The only thing to really come out of this is another good example of Robotech fans doing dumb things. 

I’m not even sure what it achieved or had hoped to achieve?

wouldnt mind a TV kakizaki release but really want a VF-1D. I guess whatever is next depends on if they’re going to do some repaints or if they’re ready with a new tooling for the head. 

im still thinking repaints, but that’s just because they showed the DYRL skull squadron at that show. 

(I’m thinking I’ll go with KC’s jets for tv vermillion squad, easier to get those).

Edited by jeniusornome

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

What is even happening here?  Have y'all been doing drugs again?

Well, yes. But that's beside the point :p

9 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It was entertaining for a bit, but I think we crossed the fun-to-annoying threshold.

Agreed.  And moving on.

Very excited about the  DYRL VF-1A skull squadron tease. But I think a VF-1S Roy should come before that. 

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

What is even happening here?  Have y'all been doing drugs again?

some of us live in Canada, so YES 8)