Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I want to say something humorous or snarky about it being a picture of a thing and that makes it a thing to be involved with the conversation...but I think it's more important that I speak honestly and address the real issue here. I just can't believe this frigging board. What is the matter with you people? Most other fandom boards would rip bbilly's entire existence apart for posting his opinion as fact. Especially after his second post...and you, yes YOU...you are trying to educate and assist him? Nice work.

4 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

It is a bit comedic tho.

Right.  No one should take it personally.  You are welcome here in my book @bbilly29 though I'm not sure that I have much street cred.  :drinks:  I believe you are being sincere and appreciate you sharing.  I just think you are being misdirected with the info you received.  But I hope you are right and would welcome the release.

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Even better...what if he's trolling?  Brilliant if so.  This thread is on fire! haha.  I'm personally a fan of the comments it's evoking.

Personally, I felt like he was trolling after the 2nd or 3rd post, so I kind of ignored him after that.  But we do get some odd-ball, genuine posters here everyone once and a while, so I'm not as quick to label someone a troll here as I might be on some other forums, so I kept out of it.

Either way, it's been a slow few months for Macross news, especially for this DX line, so a little trolling/possible misinformation can be a nice distraction from the silence we've been dealing with. :D

24 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

What is the matter with you people? Most other fandom boards would rip bbilly's entire existence apart for posting his opinion as fact. Especially after his second post...and you, yes YOU...you are trying to educate and assist him? Nice work.

So you're ripping on everyone else for not being mean enough? Whatev's mate. 

Kakizaki DX would be a welcome announcement.

29 minutes ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

I want to say something humorous or snarky about it being a picture of a thing and that makes it a thing to be involved with the conversation...but I think it's more important that I speak honestly and address the real issue here. I just can't believe this frigging board. What is the matter with you people? Most other fandom boards would rip bbilly's entire existence apart for posting his opinion as fact. Especially after his second post...and you, yes YOU...you are trying to educate and assist him? Nice work.

That's why this board is nice to hang out on.

It's not like the rest of the interwebs...........................................thank goodness. 

49 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

@Lolicon does though!  Are you holding out on us?!  You're the Bandai rep giving the intel and painted that new Kakizaki DX with white landing gears.

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with Bandai. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

So you're ripping on everyone else for not being mean enough? Whatev's mate. 

Kakizaki DX would be a welcome announcement.

I think he's being facetious.

19 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Either way, it's been a slow few months for Macross news, especially for this DX line, so a little trolling/possible misinformation can be a nice distraction from the silence we've been dealing with. :D

Right?!?! 

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's why this board is nice to hang out on.

It's not like the rest of the interwebs...........................................thank goodness. 

tenor.gif.11da399e34d7f3162019e13592cb074a.gif

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with Bandai. 

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Understood. :good: 

Those pesky NDA's.

I'm on to you... :rofl:

On 2/24/2020 at 4:55 AM, no3Ljm said:

DX missiles are up for preorder on NY as well for a June release. 5200¥

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29791-dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-limited-edition-reissue.html

Edited by Paco Grande

20 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

Let me assure you these boards are made out of 100% pure honey. 

21 hours ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

We've also learned that you can't be super-mean to people or they go around playing the victim and it results as a detriment to the community.

Hell, we even play nice with the ROBOTECH fans!! [jk guys, love you :wub:]

This is either a case of confusion: his info might be spot-on, however not realizing [or even being aware of the Hase 1/48 models in the first place.] the knowledge base on the boards and us being able to tell a [very nicely finished] model kit from a mass-produced transforming collectible/toy, perhaps the poster in question's eyesight is poor, and they literally can't see the differences?, or it's purposeful trolling, and either way, it's just easier to be nice about it while sustaining our own hopes/dreams that Bandai do actually release a complete Vermilion team...

Meanwhile, I just want my TV Roy-1S, as I don't own a TV Roy-1S in any toy form yet.

29 minutes ago, slide said:

either way, it's just easier to be nice about it

I think it's way easier to post fun/funny memes even if it only amuses me. :pardon:

These are the interwebs.  No one should ever take anything like this serious enough to get feelings hurt.  But that's just my opinion.  At most, people were being confrontational, some sarcastically comedic, and others being super polite and encouraging.  I didn't find anyone "mean" though that's quite subjective, isn't it? (Though for what it's worth, I don't personally think being confrontational encourages healthy community most times and definitely isn't inviting to a newcomer.)

The beauty of this is that whether he was being sincere or trolling, we now have a lively discussion happening over the past several days.  It's been pretty boring without anything new to report on DXs for awhile.  The last lively convo here was on whether or not NY was worth buying from, etc.  I say, bravo, for creating another engaging convo.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Had to add an emoji duh

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm surprized that no one has yet attempt to pick this one up from Amiami , it's been sitting there for over three weeks.

DX VF-1 Missile set for 9k yen (Item A, Box B) - https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-048201-R

Isn't this cheaper for ¥5,200?
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29791-dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-limited-edition-reissue.html