Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

49 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, that Roy and Max, even better!

35 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Holy crap my wallet just exploded as I thought about buying 2 of each!

I'm in for a DX 1s Max as well!

Can you make one in the Best Girl's colours @no3Ljm for kicks if you have time?

Edit: I think it may look very off key. Magenta with Dark Blue DYRL SSP packs.. :wacko:

Edited by borgified

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

No Kakizaki? :D

Let's wait for his VF-1A first. Or I can do a 'headless' Kakizaki VF-1S. :lol: 

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Can you make one in the Best Girl's colours @no3Ljm for kicks if you have time?

Edit: I think it may look very off key. Magenta with Dark Blue DYRL SSP packs.. :wacko:

Sorry for my ignorance but what scheme is 'Best Girl'?

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Nice coloring! Now I know how the Focker variation will look! Thank you! :)

S

You're welcome Shawn!

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Awesome!

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, that Roy and Max, even better!

4 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

so sexy dude!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Come on Bandai, where's the Roy preorder? Maybe they're trying to fix the 100 problem... :lol:

Wait. What 100 problem?

5 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Holy crap my wallet just exploded as I thought about buying 2 of each!

3J3uglH.gif 

QuGwGIo.gif 

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Mirage. I don't know how she ended with the title Best Girl given that her grandmother can kick her ass anytime of the day. :p

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

She's the NEW best girl.:D

I see. Thanks guys! ;)

But for me, from what I've seen in Delta, I just didn't know she deserves that title. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Why is Mirage best girl? She's not a good pilot and struck out with a dude who can't even hold down a steady job. :lol:

I think it's a comparative thing. :lol:  Everyone in that series was criminally underdeveloped character-wise, but I feel like the first half actually tried with her until the story fell off a cliff, and she got shipped off to the far reaches of the triangle.

Actually though, let's look at this from a practical standpoint.

All of the main SDF/DYRL characters can sell out on nostalgia alone.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a nice looking DX VF-1 without all that nostalgia baggage and pre-order scramble? :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Why is Mirage best girl? She's not a good pilot and struck out with a dude who can't even hold down a steady job. :lol:

It's got to be the Grandparents famous last name and giving that is a dead giveaway that you have to be the same as your elders in one way or another (eventhough that she sucks in piloting). :p

Edit: Chronocidal covered it after I posted my writeup. 

How about this one instead?

We all know that Messer's 1s was made in the HMR lineup, why not upscaled that version into a digi-bash of it to the DX version with the SSP pack?

Edited by borgified

21 minutes ago, borgified said:

It's got to be the Grandparents famous last name and giving that is a dead giveaway that you have to be the same as your elders in one way or another (eventhough that she sucks in piloting). :p

Edit: Chronocidal covered it after I posted my writeup. 

How about this one instead?

We all know that Messer's 1s was made in the HMR lineup, why not upscaled that version into a digi-bash of it to the DX version with the SSP pack?

She chose to be a pilot, despite not being very good at it. That's her own damn fault. No one forced her to take up the same profession as her grandparents. :p

Anyway, all the characters in Delta sucked. Though at least I didn't loathe them like the cast of Evangelion. They were just poorly developed, like Chrono dude said. So, I guess that's something? 

Edited by Lolicon

It's back to the drawing board for me...

I finally got the payment notice for the DX VF-1s Hikaru and got cart jacked as someone has beaten me to it. I did get the order confirmation email though.

Lets see if can survive the next round of pre-orders.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It's back to the drawing board for me...

I finally got the payment notice for the DX VF-1s Hikaru and got cart jacked as someone has beaten me to it. I did get the order confirmation email though.

Lets see if can survive the next round of pre-orders.

Is it a Store Front item? If it is, then somebody probably bought it at the time or prior when you placed your order.

27 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I thought it was the ventral fins?  Though I haven't followed these releases very closely, as I'm waiting for the OG best girl's TV 1J.  :)

Yeah. I also just found out recently regarding the vertical fin's '100'.

Here's a pic from @jenius' Anymoon site. 

Bandai-DX-VF-1S-Hikaru-5.jpg

@no3Ljm - Regular order not store front as per the listing.

41 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Though I haven't followed these releases very closely, as I'm waiting for the OG best girl's TV 1J.  :)

When Milia's DX 1J gets made, maybe a better version of the Super Pack gets made by that time?   

5 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

This *is* Bandai we're talking about though----they love to ignore easy obvious repaint options.  I won't be surprised at all if we never get M&M.  

Still waiting on that white Sv-262 or any other YF-30...

Don't forget that other large companies do it as well. I know that Hot Toys does some teasers in the 1/6th display and then it becomes vapourware.

There was a mock up of the S.H. Monsterarts Vajria display for the Frontier line up with pics shown and it never made it into production.