Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I'm done now that I picked up a Strike Pack set from Amazon.

I'll have an extra set to put up for sale once NY ships my 12/2019 order in 4/2020. Unless they come up with a creative way to delay it even further.

I think many of will have an extra set or two to sell...

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That's a tough call. Is it worth $45 to never transform it? I'm not sure it would be to me.

Curious how your PayPal thing works out.

Oh, $45 is not worth it to me either.  But, PayPal gives like 10 or 14 business days for the seller to respond to a dispute.  They never did, so PayPal already fully refunded me.  It took them this long to reply to my initial email, and I gave them a week or two before making a dispute.  I imagine they'll find the dispute communication over the next week (PayPal used the same email address to communicate with HS as I did). 

So, the question is do they ban me, keep me as a customer but let the refund satisfy the situation, or miss the whole thing and issue me $45 in "points" on top of the refund that PayPal granted?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

13 hours ago, jenius said:

While I love the idea of a LowVis, the original Yamato scheme sold poorly and still doesn't sell all that well in the secondary market. 

@jenius I like that it was a somewhat realistic paint scheme.  Was the market saturated, or was it cuz the colors were not in the cartoon or movie?

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Oh, $45 is not worth it to me either.  But, PayPal gives like 10 or 14 business days for the seller to respond to a dispute.  They never did, so PayPal already fully refunded me.  It took them this long to reply to my initial email, and I gave them a week or two before making a dispute.  I imagine they'll find the dispute communication over the next week (PayPal used the same email address to communicate with HS as I did). 

So, the question is do they ban me, keep me as a customer but let the refund satisfy the situation, or miss the whole thing and issue me $45 in "points" on top of the refund that PayPal granted?  Inquiring minds want to know...

This is the scenario with NY's defective product, and they banned me without communicating, no offer of points.  But then still send me emails about products and greetings.

Edited by beatsing
typos

They won't ban you because they know you won't get any of their PO pricing anyway no matter how desperate you try. Lol!

You got a full refund from PayPal but you weren't required to return it?

40 minutes ago, beatsing said:

This is the scenario with NY's defective product, and they banned me without communicating, no offer of points.  But then still send me emails about products and greetings.

Wow, that’s a bummer.

32 minutes ago, crackpot said:

They won't ban you because they know you won't get any of their PO pricing anyway no matter how desperate you try. Lol!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

This sounds like the most realistic situation.:lol:

LOL except in this case where I actually got PO price. Just arrived defective.

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You got a full refund from PayPal but you weren't required to return it?

Yup! Because they never responded to PayPal. So there was no instruction to return etc. PayPal just decided in my favor and took the liability to chase them down for further action.

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

what done is done, so whatever happen will happen.  :lol:

Maybe they will wait til you get get lucky and somehow gets a preorder in for a  fast sold out item.  And then on release date , will just email you to let you know that all your orders are now cancel and then finally Ban you.   :lol:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's why I'm just focused on getting Hikaru's Valk on this DX VF-1's. Coz he's my favorite one. ^_^

And they're really huge IMHO. They should be displayed as a center part of anyone's VF-1 collection. ^_^

It's my aproach with this line. And so far I've gotten Hikaru's 1J and 1S, both preordered through AmiAmi.

Will try to get Roy"s 1S but only if I can secure a PO.

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I think there was only one. I added it to my cart maybe a minute after the post and I don't think you can increase the amount. So yeah, 1. Didn't need it anyway. 

I see. Thanks. I tried ordering within 5-10minutes when I saw the post. And it took awhile for my order to went thru since I had a problem with one of the cards that I have for payment. And after I placed my order, I still see the order page live. So I'm assuming there were more than one unit available.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. I tried ordering within 5-10minutes when I saw the post. And it took awhile for my order to went thru since I had a problem with one of the cards that I have for payment. And after I placed my order, I still see the order page live. So I'm assuming there were more than one unit available.

I was more interested in how it ended up on Amazon USA but it's not on AJ or on their very own website. 

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I was more interested in how it ended up on Amazon USA but it's not on AJ or on their very own website. 

In fact, I actually tried going to AJ first. And see if it's there so I don't need to pay CA tax. But for some reason there wasn't.

Will update you guys. Coz after I placed the order, I was thinking maybe there was some glitch happened and I will get some email later on that says that the item is not available.

*Knock on wood*.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, F360 said:

what done is done, so whatever happen will happen.  :lol:

Maybe they will wait til you get get lucky and somehow gets a preorder in for a  fast sold out item.  And then on release date , will just email you to let you know that all your orders are now cancel and then finally Ban you.   :lol:

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

All your valk are belong to us!

:D

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

3lsagf.jpg 

That would be awesome! Except not so awesome for me lol. But I would still think it as a worthy adversary.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

In fact, I actually tried going to AJ first. And see if it's there so I don't need to pay CA tax. But for some reason there wasn't.

Will update you guys. Coz after I placed the order, I was thinking maybe there was some glitch happened and I will get some email later on that says that the item is not available.

*Knock on wood*.

I’m the guy who posted the link from Amazon for $215.

When I saw the link on Amazon...I checked Ami Ami’s website. It wasn’t there...even though Amazon showed it was being sold by Ami Ami Japan. Thought that was interesting.

6 hours ago, drobo said:

I’m the guy who posted the link from Amazon for $215.

When I saw the link on Amazon...I checked Ami Ami’s website. It wasn’t there...even though Amazon showed it was being sold by Ami Ami Japan. Thought that was interesting.

There is very little automatic data correlation with those sort of things. AmiAmi is probably working off one sort of system of data and Amazon another.

I have a top shelf data person streamlining my web store right now. I thought it was shocking how little (or no) data correlation between manufacturers, vendors, output methods (the actual web site, Amazon, eBay, etc). Apparently that;s pretty much across all industries. Hence me being able to hire a data person. She has a job and is in huge demand because there is no shortage of work.

In this case I'm guessing someone at AmiAmi put it on Amazon manually and didn't do it on their own site manually. By mistake or on purpose IDK. Unless AmiAmi has a top shelf data person and is willing to spend the money they won't have a "button" they can press that will shotgun  an item on to all of their selling platforms at once.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

In this case I'm guessing someone at AmiAmi put it on Amazon manually and didn't do it on their own site manually. By mistake or on purpose IDK. Unless AmiAmi has a top shelf data person and is willing to spend the money they won't have a "button" they can press that will shotgun  an item on to all of their selling platforms at once.

But when a store does shotgun an item, it definitely makes our lives more interesting. I was looking for a 1/60 VF-11B last month and searched for it on FromJapan just to see if anything was out there in the secondary market. I found the same one on four different platforms at four different prices with four different sets of shipping options and four different policies on taxes, handling fees, and buyer protection. I had to do some number crunching and cost/benefit analyses to find the best deal, which turned out to be Rakuten.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

But when a store does shotgun an item, it definitely makes our lives more interesting. I was looking for a 1/60 VF-11B last month and searched for it on FromJapan just to see if anything was out there in the secondary market. I found the same one on four different platforms at four different prices with four different sets of shipping options and four different policies on taxes, handling fees, and buyer protection. I had to do some number crunching and cost/benefit analyses to find the best deal, which turned out to be Rakuten.

Sounds like how I shop....................spreadsheet in hand!

55 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Problem with that is while you are number crunching (which I also do:D), the item could be sold already. Another issue with having the same item available through multiple platforms. 

I know. Normies really don't understand how hard toy collecting is.:D

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Sounds like how I shop....................spreadsheet in hand!

You basically need your own data scientist, or have to become one, to find the best deal these days

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Problem with that is while you are number crunching (which I also do:D), the item could be sold already. Another issue with having the same item available through multiple platforms. 

Yep. So on top of needing a data scientist, you need a supercomputer.

Edited by Anasazi37