Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

12 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Remember Macross is not Gundam;)

If this is the case then it's already a guarantee that Bandai will just focus on releasing the Skull Squadron and Vermillion Squadron VF-1's.

And we can stop wishing for other color variants. Oh well.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, no3Ljm said:

If this is the case then it's already a guarantee that Bandai will just focus on releasing the Skull Squadron and Vermillion Squadron VF-1's.

That's what I would do if I was Bandai. If not less.

14 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I just wish they would come out with an SDF-1 TV version in 1/3000 or above scale... I’d buy two minimum. Is that so much to ask? :( 

Right?!  Thankfully, I have the old Matchbox/Bandai/Takatoku one in great shape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Arcadia DYRL PF SDF-1.  That thing is unreal.  I mean, playability on the TV version is way better, but as a collector and to just sit in my display case, the DYRL one is breathtaking.  Worth every aftermarket penny I spent.

22 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Bandai should do a low viz 1/48.  

Second the suggestion of Bandai doing SDF.  They're more likely to do the movie version though.

While I love the idea of a LowVis, the original Yamato scheme sold poorly and still doesn't sell all that well in the secondary market. 

For anyone following my Hobby Search defective VF-1S saga, they finally replied to my initial email to support.  Super great email, but they only offered HS points (though normally they would exchange it if there was still stock available).  The problem is that it took soooo long for them to reply to me.  Also, it seems like if it took them that long to reply, they probably haven't seen the PayPal correspondence yet.

Will keep ya'll posted if I get banned.  :diablo:  It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

18 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

For anyone following my Hobby Search defective VF-1S saga, they finally replied to my initial email to support.  Super great email, but they only offered HS points (though normally they would exchange it if there was still stock available).  The problem is that it took soooo long for them to reply to me.  Also, it seems like if it took them that long to reply, they probably haven't seen the PayPal correspondence yet.

Will keep ya'll posted if I get banned.  :diablo:  It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

What did they offer you as as HS points go and what does that translate into in dollars?

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What did they offer you as as HS points go and what does that translate into in dollars?

Honestly, I have no idea.  LOL.  I've never been able to secure the Macross product I wanted before this one. :pardon:

Looks like it'll equate to 5,000 Yen HA so like a whole $4.50.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/point/111/000

1 Point = 1 yen (JPY)

29 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Honestly, I have no idea.  LOL.  I've never been able to secure the Macross product I wanted before this one. :pardon:

Looks like it'll equate to 5,000 Yen HA so like a whole $4.50.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/point/111/000

1 Point = 1 yen (JPY)

You're decimal point is on the wrong spot.;) That's $45.00. Not a Kings Ransom of course. But when factored with the retail of the toy and their likely profit margin they probably offered you everything they could without going into the red. That's generally my first move when I'm trying to work out a fair deal with a customer.

Yours was the one with the crack near one of the intakes right?

Does anyone have or seen any pictures/video of a DX disassembled? I'm working on getting a custom started and the person doing the work hasn't played with a DX yet. We're trying to get ahead of the curve if possible.

I poked around a little but haven't seen anything. Any help would be appreciated. Some of you have far better Google-Fu tan I do.:hail:

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You're decimal point is on the wrong spot.;) That's $45.00. Not a Kings Ransom of course. But when factored with the retail of the toy and their likely profit margin they probably offered you everything they could without going into the red. That's generally my first move when I'm trying to work out a fair deal with a customer.

Yours was the one with the crack near one of the intakes right?

Yes, totally put the decimal point wrong.  It is $45 good catch!  Still, they may ban me once they figure out the PayPal dispute.  :D

It was on a joint of the leg near the intakes.  So, I can't transform it.  But looks great in fighter mode!  Just got SSP today to go on it.

2 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I think a lot of us are gonna be in the same boat with the DX-VF-1's.  1-4 Skull Squadron members and out. Just to damn hard to get and a little big.   HMR's and Yamarcadia's V2's are just so much easier and more fun to play around with IMHO. 

Lucky me I guess. I'm only super interested in the VF-1S Roy (my childhood RT experience tells me that the yellow is Roy's and Hikaru's color) . I could have taken a pass on the Hikaru (red/black) but they do look really good and who knows when/if Roy will come out.

I would be interested in the "solid" color M&M's (that's TV colors correct? I can't remember). Not character driven. I like how they display in the red and blue. But I have a Yamacadia of each and two 1/48 Yammies of each already. I could be tempted to replace them with DX's if they ever become available.

I do agree that the 1/60 Yamacadia's when looked at as a whole have a lot to offer. I love the 1/48's. But the 1/60's are a lot easier to manage.

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes, totally put the decimal point wrong.  It is $45 good catch!  Still, they may ban me once they figure out the PayPal dispute.  :D

It was on a joint of the leg near the intakes.  So, I can't transform it.  But looks great in fighter mode!  Just got SSP today to go on it.

That's a tough call. Is it worth $45 to never transform it? I'm not sure it would be to me.

Curious how your PayPal thing works out.

23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I think a lot of us are gonna be in the same boat with the DX-VF-1's.  1-4 Skull Squadron members and out. Just to damn hard to get and a little big.   HMR's and Yamarcadia's V2's are just so much easier and more fun to play around with IMHO. 

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I do agree that the 1/60 Yamacadia's when looked at as a whole have a lot to offer. I love the 1/48's. But the 1/60's are a lot easier to manage.

It's why I'm just focused on getting Hikaru's Valk on this DX VF-1's. Coz he's my favorite one. ^_^

And they're really huge IMHO. They should be displayed as a center part of anyone's VF-1 collection. ^_^

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's why I'm just focused on getting Hikaru's Valk on this DX VF-1's. Coz he's my favorite one. ^_^

And they're really huge IMHO. They should be displayed as a center part of anyone's VF-1 collection. ^_^

Yeah but you need one more VF-1S Hikaru for that centerpiece(s).

I'm done now that I picked up a Strike Pack set from Amazon.

I'll have an extra set to put up for sale once NY ships my 12/2019 order in 4/2020. Unless they come up with a creative way to delay it even further.

Edited by Matt Random